The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Hunter

It's figurative language, Nick, therefore it says whatever you choose to read into the text.
So you don't know what it says when you said it doesn't say what it says. Got it.
:liberals: I'm quite certain I said no such thing. I said, "It says whatever YOU choose to read into the text".
7 He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing.
It says what it says in a figurative construction of language to convey a limited amount of information. Perhaps you can show me where the verse says anything about a sphere that you didn't read into it.
So you agree with the Bible that says the earth is a sphere suspended in space?
Before the heathen realized the Bible was correct, about the 5th century BC, what did they think held up the flat earth? I don't expect a real response.
I can't give a meaningful response to a meaningless question. I assume
I can very much guarantee that something (gravity) keeps the Earth "suspended" in space without invoking the hand of your deity.
was ignored in favor of your non sequituresque "question"?

Silent Hunter

QUOTE=JudgeRightly;4993792]He's one of those types who looks at evidence that contradicts his worldview and rejects it outright without actually examining/testing it.[/QUOTE]I find that it is somewhat more than a little difficult to examine something that doesn't exist, don't you?

You are one of those types who looks for the slightest perceived "evidence" that your wishful thinking believes supports your worldview and reject outright whatever contradicts it.

You should follow your own advice. Don't you think massive camps supporting millions of people in the Sinai peninsula over a period of fourty years would leave behind mountains of artifact and be easier to find than the snake oil Enyart is trying to sell? Be honest.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, you would do well to familiarize yourself with: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_laws_of_motion.

Does, "An object in motion will continue in a straight line unless acted on by an external force", bring back any memories from fifth grade?From New York to Los Angeles? Sure. Around The Earth? Not a even if it was moving at the speed of light.

Sure it can, Dave. Gravity is a powerful force. Please refresh yourself on something every fifth grader should know about the laws of motion.

A plane cannot both overcome gravity and not overcome gravity at the same time.

A plane at low or high altitude flying "straight" would not have to go around the earth to see the earth gradually drop beneath it if the earth were a globe.

--Dave

Silent Hunter

From New York to Los Angeles? Sure. Around The Earth? Not a even if it was moving at the speed of light.
Sure it can, Dave. Gravity is a powerful force. Please refresh yourself on something every fifth grader should know about the laws of motion.
A plane cannot both overcome gravity and not overcome gravity at the same time.
Dave, you continue to prove why you are NOT smarter than a fifth grader.

Nowhere has ANYONE (except you) said or implied, "A plane cannot both overcome gravity and not overcome gravity at the same time". You really are having a difficult time reconciling the basics of the laws of motion and the dynamics of flight. Is "equal and opposite reaction" a meaningless term in your reality?

It is easy to overcome gravity but it is difficult to sustain. Jumping on a trampoline is a good example. If you can't reason this out on your own then you're too stupid to understand it anyway and I'm stupid for wasting my time with you.
A plane at low or high altitude flying "straight" would not have to go around the earth to see the earth gradually drop beneath it if the earth were a globe.
You really are too stupid to understand it and I'm stupid for wasting my time.

:wave2:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He's one of those types who looks at evidence that contradicts his worldview and rejects it outright without actually examining/testing it.

I find that it is somewhat more than a little difficult to examine something that doesn't exist, don't you?

You are one of those types who looks for the slightest perceived "evidence" that your wishful thinking believes supports your worldview and reject outright whatever contradicts it.

You have yet to show me evidence that there was not a large semitic group living in Egypt during the time specified in the Bible.

You should follow your own advice. Don't you think massive camps supporting millions of people in the Sinai peninsula over a period of fourty years would leave behind mountains of artifact and be easier to find than the snake oil Enyart is trying to sell? Be honest.

This might answer your question...
http://www.biblearchaeology.org/pos...s-From-the-Wilderness-Wanderings.aspx#Article

Silent Hunter

I find that it is somewhat more than a little difficult to examine something that doesn't exist, don't you?

You have yet to show me evidence that there was not a large semitic group living in Egypt during the time specified in the Bible.
LOL! Shift the burden of proof much?
LOL! Nor really, given the author says:
"I believe that the Bible is divine revelation and it should interpret the archaeological finds.* The Bible is clear, Mount Sinai is in the Sinai Peninsula, and so the Bible has to dictate how we interpret the archaeological finds."

The article goes on to say that not finding any evidence is evidence the exodus really happened. :liberals:.

Now, if you would kindly stop posting off topic nonsense. Dave's nonsense is more than sufficient.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, you continue to prove why you are NOT smarter than a fifth grader.

Nowhere has ANYONE (except you) said or implied, "A plane cannot both overcome gravity and not overcome gravity at the same time". You really are having a difficult time reconciling the basics of the laws of motion and the dynamics of flight. Is "equal and opposite reaction" a meaningless term in your reality?

It is easy to overcome gravity but it is difficult to sustain. Jumping on a trampoline is a good example. If you can't reason this out on your own then you're too stupid to understand it anyway and I'm stupid for wasting my time with you.
You really are too stupid to understand it and I'm stupid for wasting my time.

:wave2:

View attachment 25585

This illustration, though not to scale, is worth a thousand words and shows that a globed earth would drop down ward and would be clearly visible from a plane flying straight.

View attachment 25601View attachment 25602

This pic of the an aircraft attitude indicator shows the horizon line. Notice that it's design is based on "perspective". The ground is shown to be flat and level and rises up and to a horizon line. This instrument is based on and conforms to a flat earth. A plane flies just above the horizon line or else it would fly into the ground if it was aimed at the horizon line.

--Dave

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LOL! Shift the burden of proof much?
LOL! Nor really, given the author says:
"I believe that the Bible is divine revelation and it should interpret the archaeological finds.* The Bible is clear, Mount Sinai is in the Sinai Peninsula, and so the Bible has to dictate how we interpret the archaeological finds."

The article goes on to say that not finding any evidence is evidence the exodus really happened. :liberals:.

Now, if you would kindly stop posting off topic nonsense. Dave's nonsense is more than sufficient.

Please move your topic to another thread.

--Dave

chair

Dave, much of what you have posted contradicts physics. I mean plain old everyday physics- not relativity or quantum mechanics. You can say physics is all wrong- but, if you have any intellectual honesty, you ought to at least learn what the basic ideas of physics are. You are attacking something without any idea of what it really is.

There are courses available as youtube videos online. Take a few hours and learn something.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another data point we made it to the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSDeIjSzTzA

I answered this. In the video it says "Artist concept of LRO at the moon". They want us to know that they do use computer graphics to do some illustrating, which is acceptable. But, how do we know when they say this is CGI and this is not? They can make it all look real so we can't really know if NASA is fake something or not.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, much of what you have posted contradicts physics. I mean plain old everyday physics- not relativity or quantum mechanics. You can say physics is all wrong- but, if you have any intellectual honesty, you ought to at least learn what the basic ideas of physics are. You are attacking something without any idea of what it really is.

There are courses available as youtube videos online. Take a few hours and learn something.

The laws of physics has nothing to do with the "fact" that a plane can fly straight and observe a curved earth gradually falling away from it.

We say we can see ships gradually disappear over the curvature of the earth, it's no violation of the laws of gravity to say a plane should be able to confirm this curvature from the air.

The "you don't understand physics" response is a joke, and you use it because there is no answer you can give that would make any sense and negate this.

I don't believe this or any one argument will determine if the earth is flat or a globe, but this is a powerful argument that clearly favors flat earth.

--Dave

Last edited:

chair

The laws of physics has nothing to do with the "fact" that a plane can fly straight and observe a curved earth gradually falling away from it.

We say we can see ships gradually disappear over the curvature of the earth, it's no violation of the laws of gravity to say a plane should be able to confirm this curvature from the air.

The "you don't understand physics" response is a joke, and you use it because there is no answer you can give that would make any sense and negate this.

I don't believe this or any one argument will determine if the earth is flat or a globe, but this is a powerful argument that clearly favors flat earth.

--Dave

The laws of physics have everything to do with nearly everything we've discussed here. I do not mean this as a joke or an insult. I mean this seriously and sincerely. You need to learn some physics, then you can continue pushing the Flat Earth idea from a a better position. My suggestion is not an argument that you need to answer! Of course not.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The laws of physics have everything to do with nearly everything we've discussed here. I do not mean this as a joke or an insult. I mean this seriously and sincerely. You need to learn some physics, then you can continue pushing the Flat Earth idea from a a better position. My suggestion is not an argument that you need to answer! Of course not.

I think we need to question some of the so called, "laws of physics".

The point I have been making does not violate the laws of physics any way. Planes can fly straight and gravity cannot prevent it.

To believe that gravity can force a plane to conform to the curvature of earth contradicts that a plane can overcome gravity and control it's own direction of flight. But science has never felt the need to be rational anyway, which is why obvious visible empirical evidence and actual physical experiments have been replaced with unverifiable though experiment (imagination) and endless equations which are meaningless if the premise they are based on is wrong.

In the globe model universe what you see and experience is an illusion and all truth is based on what we can't see and must be told to us by "the experts", the infallible men of science and a government agency that controls what goes into outer space and the antarctic.

I choose not to worship science with blind faith. If I follow science with out question, as so many of you are doing, where do we end up? How do we resist anything we are being told by the new elite gurus of cosmology and modernity's astronomers?

We have already been taken far beyond the simple single heliocentric galaxy of Copernicus. At what point do you stand up and say enough is enough we've gone too far?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Apollo11: Lunar Landing July 20, 1969

This is the film of the, so called actual landing on the moon.

The lunar module lands while moving over the surface of the moon and would have certainly tipped over and rolled if this were real.

The LEM would have to have descended almost perfectly vertically in order to land safely. Moving horizontally as is shows then quickly slowing down to land upright is obviously impossible and one of the major reasons this moon landing was faked.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LLRV Testing Contributed to Apollo 11's Success

You can see from this NASA film that practice for the landing of the LEM required a complete stop over the landing area and a slow careful completely vertical descent was essential to landing safely.

Not all practice runs were successful and there could be no room for error landing on the moon.

--Dave

chair

I think we need to question some of the so called, "laws of physics".

The point I have been making does not violate the laws of physics any way. Planes can fly straight and gravity cannot prevent it.

To believe that gravity can force a plane to conform to the curvature of earth contradicts that a plane can overcome gravity and control it's own direction of flight. But science has never felt the need to be rational anyway, which is why obvious visible empirical evidence and actual physical experiments have been replaced with unverifiable though experiment (imagination) and endless equations which are meaningless if the premise they are based on is wrong.

In the globe model universe what you see and experience is an illusion and all truth is based on what we can't see and must be told to us by "the experts", the infallible men of science and a government agency that controls what goes into outer space and the antarctic.

I choose not to worship science with blind faith. If I follow science with out question, as so many of you are doing, where do we end up? How do we resist anything we are being told by the new elite gurus of cosmology and modernity's astronomers?

We have already been taken far beyond the simple single heliocentric galaxy of Copernicus. At what point do you stand up and say enough is enough we've gone too far?

--Dave

Dave. Please. Study some physics. Really.

Status
Not open for further replies.