What is "Faith alone ?"

Lon

Right , theres no way , but someone could try , to achieve Grace or tear the curtain by their work. Christ is the only one who not only did it but completed it , thus providing us with the Grace required to stand in the presence the Father. " through Faith " is how we respond to that gift of Grace.

At what point did you and most of the church world decide Faith and faithing didn't have effort and work involved in it ? Please tell me , because the Scripture your unlawfully provided is specifally talking about Grace , which i agree with 100%.

Faith is 90 percent courage , Christ repeated it many times , "Have good courage". Courage can only be courage if you putting effort into something. And all effort isn't a claim on the Grace only Christ can provide.

Vines : pisteuo the verb form of Faith . "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

That is what NT saving Faith is , period. Whether you or i agree with that doesn't change that fact.

Pay particular attention to Ephesians 2:10. Do you see anything unique about it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My obsession if thats how you want to describe it , is "taking up my cross."

If you could describe " Christianity " in one sentence , it would go like this. " Deny self , take up your cross , and follow Him."

We deny ourselves in the Biblical sense by ( pisteuo) or Faithing . Defined , it is "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

As our surrender allows God to participate in that personal relationship , ( denying ourselves ) we will have the desire to take up our cross. " Our cross " is serving others in some capacity , could be earthly matters or Spiritual matters .

Today , i'm serving you and others Meshak by pointing out a pitfall , along with the way through it. It's an important cross to bare , ( your Spiritual journey ) and i take it very seriously . I don't do this for myself in any way. It's specifically for you and others who desire to know Christ better , or what i refer to as the calling or drawing of the Father.

So what am I doing wrong serving God?

Lon

:nono: You are on ignore, but occasionally I want you to see the path Salvation exists on: Romans 10:9-11 Ephesians 2:8,9

There is no 'obedience' or 'works' to these verses. There is only one way to be Saved, trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. John 14:6 2 Corinithians 5:17

If you love His truth, pay attention to it.

God's Truth

:nono: You are on ignore, but occasionally I want you to see the path Salvation exists on: Romans 10:9-11 Ephesians 2:8,9

There is no 'obedience' or 'works' to these verses. There is only one way to be Saved, trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. John 14:6 2 Corinithians 5:17

How many times do you have to be shown the truth?

I have explained those scriptures to you many times before.

You don't even address what you are shown.

I will explain it to you again.

Romans 10:9-11 is about confessing and believing.

Jesus SAYS if you call him Lord you had better be obeying.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Who would EVER think that Paul was preaching "Do not obey"?!

James calls them foolish, and Peter calls them unstable and ignorant.

The works Paul explains that we do not have to do ARE THE purification/ceremonial works.

Those are the works that people had to do over 1,600 years.

Those are the works that no longer save.

You are the one who doesn't pay attention.

God's Truth

How does ANYONE EVER get that Paul could come along and JUST change all of God's words from the beginning of time and all of Jesus' words when he walked the earth?!!! UNBELIEVABLE thing to charge Paul with doing!

meshak

BANNED
Banned

these are only the beginning of salvation.

If you stop there, your confession is only a lip service.

God's Truth

Even the demons believe and do something---they SHUDDER.

Yet, there are many who teach faith alone and tell us that is the KEY, the SECRET, the WAY to getting saved!

They think that dead faith is the MYSTERY revealed!

James 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder.

Lon

:nono: Not really reading GT, but it is the same old objection. Ephesians 2:9 is VERY clear. "NOT (means "no no") by works!!!"

Works come after salvation: Ephesians 2:10 Worse: If you are doing it in your flesh, you are NOT a new Creation. New Creations do this "New-naturedly." IF you are a new nature, you cannot help but do works according to the new nature. It is impossible to do anything but what that nature is made for.

Question for workers: Are you a new nature? If you are not, give it up. ONLY the Lord Jesus Christ can make new creatures. If you are 'trying' in your flesh, then you are still stuck in your old flesh and CANNOT please God. Romans 8:8 Memorize that verse. -Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:nono: Not really reading GT, but it is the same old objection. Ephesians 2:9 is VERY clear. "NOT (means "no no") by works!!!"

Works come after salvation: Ephesians 2:10 Worse: If you are doing it in your flesh, you are NOT a new Creation. New Creations do this "New-naturedly." IF you are a new nature, you cannot help but do works according to the new nature. It is impossible to do anything but what that nature is made for.

Question for workers: Are you a new nature? If you are not, give it up. ONLY the Lord Jesus Christ can make new creatures. If you are 'trying' in your flesh, then you are still stuck in your old flesh and CANNOT please God. Romans 8:8 Memorize that verse. -Lon

Please read post #189.

thanks.

Lon

Please read post #189.
thanks.

these are only the beginning of salvation.

If you stop there, your confession is only a lip service.
James says he will show his 'faith' (not salvation) by his 'works.'
Would you agree that one can read 'faith' as 'what I believe'? If I share Christ with another but have nothing appreciable to shine Christ, then my 'faith' and witness is dead. Does that, however mean I am not a Christian? Am unsaved? I haven't found that part in James. Can you find it for me? Shouldn't we only be reading what the Bible says, and not what we are 'afraid it might say?' IOW, if it is this important, we better be VERY sure the bible says what we think it says.

God's Truth

Again you prove you do not address the scriptures and what I say.

Paul was speaking of the purification/ceremonial works that USED TO clean people so that they could be able to call themselves a child of God.

Paul is explaining that no one has to do those works anymore because Jesus cleans us now, just by our believing he does.

Paul is not teaching faith without obedience is what saves.

Works come after salvation: Ephesians 2:10

Read Ephesians 1:15-16.

Paul had just got through thanking the Ephesians for showing the Saints love. The Ephesians were probably very hospitable and giving to the Apostles who visited them. When we are saved, we are given the Holy Spirit. Jesus saves us for obeying him, for having a believing heart that is sorry for sins, sins in which we repent from doing. We then as saved people continue in God’s goodness by doing good works, good works like the Ephesians did, as they probably welcomed the Apostles into their homes, fed them, washed their feet, gave them money for their mission.

Paul lets us know that the Ephesians were kind to the apostles, but that is not why they were saved. The Ephesians were not saved because they took good care of the saints when the saints visited. Paul lets us know that those things they did are good works that we also do after we are saved, but not to be saved. No one can do works like be nice to other Christians to get salvation, they have to believe in Jesus and repent of their sins.

Worse: If you are doing it in your flesh, you are NOT a new Creation.

What?! If you are obeying with your flesh we are doing it wrong?!

We are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice! We are to do good things in our flesh.

New Creations do this "New-naturedly." IF you are a new nature, you cannot help but do works according to the new nature. It is impossible to do anything but what that nature is made for.

Anyone can sin after they are saved. Jesus warns us for a reason. You have no understanding of the scriptures.

Of course those who obey are a new creation. You do not make any sense. It is NEVER EVER wrong to obey Jesus. There isn't a good time not to obey!

Lon

GT, I'm not reading your comments. I can easily guess where they are headed. You need to listen, today. Not talk as much.

Scriptures are clear. Pay attention to them.

God's Truth

GT, I'm not reading your comments. I can easily guess where they are headed. You need to listen, today. Not talk as much.

Scriptures are clear. Pay attention to them.

Go hide again, I like it better when I can correct you while you be quiet. You know, that 'ignore' thing you say you do.

Lon

Correct. Justification is by faith, alone, but Sanctification will evidence holy and obedient practice.

See a post regarding this here.
There is often a conflation of Justification with or AS Sanctification, however, that always needs to be kept separate lest one try in the flesh, to get or keep their salvation. There is no works to 'keep' salvation, but rather sanctification is 'because' of salvation. They will try to do this in the flesh otherwise. We have to be new creations to produce fruit of that nature. Romans 8:8 We have to be careful that they understand the whole process and not jump from 'unsaved' to thinking about 'works.' That's Judaism all over again and many are stuck in it. In Him -Lon

Nang

TOL Subscriber
There is often a conflagration of Justification with or AS Sanctification, however, that always needs to be kept separate lest one try in the flesh, to get or keep their salvation. There is no works to 'keep' salvation, but rather sanctification is 'because' of salvation. They will try to do this in the flesh otherwise. We have to be new creations to produce fruit of that nature. Romans 8:8 We have to be careful that they understand the whole process and not jump from 'unsaved' to thinking about 'works.' That's Judaism all over again and many are stuck in it. In Him -Lon

This very matter is causing much confusion on TOL these days. In fact, it is dominating the forums, so clarification is vital.