ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Interplanner

re hid from the 12. That was after they knew it from the beginning. They got so excited about a miracle Messiah that that did not want to hear about a crucified one anymore. Jesus interrupted their excitement in Lk 9:43 with the first reminder.

God hid it from them after that because they would have been motivated to prevent it.

That's the 'plain meaning' of Lk 9. But if it conflicts with D'ists, all of a sudden it is not the 'plain meaning' and 'I'm not believing the Bible' and the discples are character- or nature-less.

SaulToPaul 2

Luke 9
45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

They were not idiots. God hid it, on purpose.

dodge

Dodge, you are not wrong in that Gentiles are ultimately included in Jesus' message.
But you are missing the fact that they are intended to be saved through the rise of Israel.

But they fell...

Missed this:

Rom 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Missed this:

Rom 11:11
I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

None of us missed it. We're fully aware of it.

GOD uses the rise of Israel and also the fall of Israel to reach the nations, but during different dispensations and for different purposes.

dodge

None of us missed it. We're fully aware of it.

GOD uses the rise of Israel and also the fall of Israel to reach the nations, but during different dispensations and for different purposes.

I was responding to where STP said it was through the rise of Israel when salvation is actually through Israel's fall according to Paul.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was responding to where STP said it was through the rise of Israel when salvation is actually through Israel's fall according to Paul.

According to prophesy, the nations are brought into right relationship to GOD through the rise of Israel.
According to mystery(Paul), the nations are brought into right relationship to GOD through the temporary fall of Israel.
Two different programs.

dodge

According to prophesy, the nations are brought into right relationship to GOD through the rise of Israel.
According to mystery(Paul), the nations are brought into right relationship to GOD through the temporary fall of Israel.
Two different programs.

Hello Steko ! There is only one program that was used to bring "ALL" into God's kingdom, and it was through "one Gospel" offered to everyone as in John 3:16 & John 14:6.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hello Steko ! There is only one program that was used to bring "ALL" into God's kingdom, and it was through "one Gospel" offered to everyone as in John 3:16 & John 14:6.

Hi, Dodge!

No one is saved in all of human history apart from Christ's work on the cross, however GOD has obviously dealt with different peoples in different ways throughout that history.

In Ephesians 2, Paul divides GOD's working with humanity in three different periods....'time past', 'but now', and 'in the ages to come'.

What GOD has separated, let no man bring into conflation!

dodge

Hi, Dodge!

No one is saved in all of human history apart from Christ's work on the cross, however GOD has obviously dealt with different peoples in different ways throughout that history.

Amen.

In Ephesians 2, Paul divides GOD's working with humanity in three different periods....'time past', 'but now', and 'in the ages to come'.

What GOD has separated, let no man bring into conflation!

I agree with the above I just see the whole event being played out and won in the light of the cross-D.B.R., ascension, and return of the Lord Jesus.