Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
our risen Lord God and Savior did for us ----- which was EVERYTHING needed for our salvation.

Agreed and Amen!

As if the perfect obedience and righteousness of our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ was not enough to fill the scales,

No argument!

so GOD wants man to make up the difference for what Christ's deeds lacked for our salvation so the scales can become full enough. And hopefully they can rack up enough 'good works' to fully make up for what Christ's deeds lacked. It would be a real downer to try and do enough, but then find out you lacked 1 or 2 more 'good works' to fill it.

Fallacy!

Those Christians who advocate obedient, holy, lifestyles are not motivated to "make up" for any lack of the obedience and righteousness of Jesus Christ . . but only do so in order to conform to His image and properly represent Him, as His spiritual church body in this wicked world.

If Christians do not emulate Christ, and imitate Paul, then is it good they continue to represent Satan and wicked men?

It is either/or. Either a Christian walks like Christ, or he proves to be a fake by living like the devil.

God's Truth

She's confused. There is doing, and there is living. There is letter and there is spirit.

When someone tries to explain how we live according to the Spirit, she demands to know what it is we obey.

It's like trying to explain the color blue to a blind man. :idunno:

What you say about me is not true.

Why can't you explain what we are to obey?

The whole Bible is full of teachings on how to obey.

Why does it bother you so much when I preach obedience?

Why does it bother you when I ask you to tell me what you do?

Living through the Spirit is done when you obey.

That is how the Spirit lives through us, and that is how we live through the Spirit.

glorydaz

Are you kidding? He just mocked another who obeys by saying "works, works, works."

He then gave some strange doctrine about how obeying God puts limits on God.

It's a "stange doctrine" to you, but it's actually the "obedience of faith". A living not a doing. There are no rules or specifics we can list off....which excludes the boasting of man btw. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

You reject that because you love to boast, and go so far as to claim Paul boasted when he only praising others or making a jest about his Jewish heritage in law keeping. You defend your boasting like it's your reason for being. You should think about that.

God's Truth

It's a "stange doctrine" to you, but it's actually the "obedience of faith". A living not a doing. There are no rules or specifics we can list off....which excludes the boasting of man btw. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

You reject that because you love to boast, and go so far as to claim Paul boasted when he only praising others or making a jest about his Jewish heritage in law keeping. You defend your boasting like it's your reason for being. You should think about that.

What's this Paul is telling us?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Romans 12:12 The night is nearly over; the day has drawn near. So let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.…

Is that Paul telling us what to obey? lol
I have more if you would like.

glorydaz

What you say about me is not true.

I don't lie.

Why can't you explain what we are to obey?

Whenever I've tried, you scoff and demand a list. How does one give a list of every moment of their life? Of every breath they take? Of every thought that comes to mind? Their going forth and coming in? Their rising up and lying down?

The whole Bible is full of teachings on how to obey.

Yes, and then the Comforter comes to dwell in us. He leads us and guides us. Romans 8:14

Why does it bother you so much when I preach obedience?

Because you preach it's man's obedience that earns favour from God, and is required for salvation.

Why does it bother you when I ask you to tell me what you do?

Because the very minute I tell you anything, you blow your stack and say you would never do what I say.

Living through the Spirit is done when you obey.

That is how the Spirit lives through us, and that is how we live through the Spirit.

That's merely your best attempt at explaining what it means to live according to the Spirit.

Don't blame me because you can't comprehend what it means to walk by faith...to live according to the Spirit.

glorydaz

What's this Paul is telling us?

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

1 Corinthians 5:2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this?

1 Corinthians 5:13
God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked person from among you."

Romans 12:12 The night is nearly over; the day has drawn near. So let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.…

Is that Paul telling us what to obey? lol
I have more if you would like.

No, and I could tell you what each verse actually means...not what you claim they mean, but you won't listen anyway. You have ZERO spiritual discernment. You read the Bible like a textbook and get no farther than what that bad translation you use might say to your human intellect.

God's Truth

No, and I could tell you what each verse actually means...

So Paul says 'obey', but it doesn't really mean obey?
not what you claim they mean, but you won't listen anyway. You have ZERO spiritual discernment. You read the Bible like a textbook and get no farther than what that bad translation you use might say to your human intellect.

A person gets knowledge and understanding by obeying God.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

ClimateSanity

She's confused. There is doing, and there is living. There is letter and there is spirit.

When someone tries to explain how we live according to the Spirit, she demands to know what it is we obey.

We have some wicked cults here in America. There has to be someone there in Canada that did a real number on her. It's bondage. I think the ability to have absolute control over someone spiritually must be a powerful narcotic. They transferred it to her too because she demands to know specifics. If she can get that hook in someone, she can control them and then she has something better than heroin.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Don't blame me because you can't comprehend what it means to walk by faith...to live according to the Spirit.

You don't have Spirit in you because you believe Jesus does everything for you.

Some servants you "faith only" believers are.

Jesus is not your servant.

You got it all backwards.

popsthebuilder

They are sinners because they sinned.
You think that just because you don't hate sinners, that they are no longer sinners?
You think that just because you don't hate fear mongers, that they are no longer fear mongers?
A man can speak foolishly without being a fool. A man can and does sin but he is still able to be reconsile to GOD by way of the Christ.

It isn't that a negative quality one emits isn't what they are exactly, but that I will not focus hatred on a person, but I do detest sin itself.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

glorydaz

So Paul says 'obey', but it doesn't really mean obey?

A person gets knowledge and understanding by obeying God.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

First you post verses from Paul that you don't understand. The first referring to the obedience of faith, and our being God's workmanship, the next three having to do with being orderly in the church environment (under the leading of elders), and the last having to do with sinners not the saints.

Now you post verses from before the cross with all the conditions that come from keeping the law.

Thank you for proving, once again, your goal and your hope is to put believers under the same bondage you are under yourself.

popsthebuilder

This is just pitiful to watch so many of them have so little trust and assurance of what our risen Lord God and Savior did for us ----- which was EVERYTHING needed for our salvation.
As if the perfect obedience and righteousness of our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ was not enough to fill the scales, so GOD wants man to make up the difference for what Christ's deeds lacked for our salvation so the scales can become full enough. And hopefully they can rack up enough 'good works' to fully make up for what Christ's deeds lacked. It would be a real downer to try and do enough, but then find out you lacked 1 or 2 more 'good works' to fill it.

I mean, that's just what GOD needs, isn't it? ---- a bunch of sinners trying to make up for what GOD didn't get done.

:doh:

The arrogance of the created to the Creator can blacken the heart and mind.

The arrogance lies within those who vainly crucify the Christ anew as if he didn't become sin for the world though he was without fault, by knowingly continuing in sin despite the simple direct teachings of the Christ.

popsthebuilder

So living according to the Spirit of GOD is equal to doing absolutely nothing in accordance with the will of GOD?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oh the irony!

Go and check for yourself what he has actually said. Review his posts for the last four days towards me and others who don't reality and wholly agree with him.

If a sheep is lost the shepard doesn't fault it for such, but forsakes all else that he might bring the sheep back into the fold.

I will not argue this point with you and hope you yourself see for yourself what it is to be deceived that you might learn to rid yourself of that any gullibility that may or may not reside in you.

peace

ClimateSaniny is playing Christian.

He changed his username multiple times. He has many things to hide.

I don't even read what he posts because of his vile comments.

popsthebuilder

Yes, that's what they have been saying. It is exactly the same as truster's faith. That's why they thank each other.
I am genuinely saddened to hear of such. I didn't know what was meant by madists.. is that synonymous with faith alone?

I believe faith alone too; effectual faith causes producing works to the glorying of GOD. But some how I don't think that is what you meant.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am genuinely saddened to hear of such. I didn't know what was meant by madists.. is that synonymous with faith alone?

I believe faith alone too; effectual faith causes producing works to the glorying of GOD. But some how I don't think that is what you meant.

Madists claim Jesus' teachings are just for the Jews, and not for the gentiles so we don't have to follow Him.

They claim they follow Paul.

there is no such thing as "faith alone". Jesus did not say it. Faith and works are inseparable.

You cannot find any scripture describes "faith alone" example. Faith always comes with obedience. Obedience is works.

glorydaz

There isn't a wrong side of the cross.

Give the scripture.

Which side of the cross is Jesus on? That's the right side.

Gal.3:19; 6:15

You can tell by what people say if they're on the wrong side of the cross. An example:

If they claim they have to obey the commandments, then you know they are on the wrong side...BECAUSE IT'S BEEN DONE BY THE SON.

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

popsthebuilder

Which side of the cross is Jesus on? That's the right side.

Gal.3:19; 6:15

You can tell by what people say if they're on the wrong side of the cross. An example:

If they claim they have to obey the commandments, then you know they are on the wrong side...BECAUSE IT'S BEEN DONE BY THE SON.

Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​
Did you not read that last sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.