What is "Faith alone ?"

way 2 go

There is no word in the Greek for the word "believe."

There is only pisteuo , faith moving towards God. Or Apisteuo , adding the "A" reverses the action to Faith moving away from God.

MPO , is they don't recognize a state of being where a person is "only believing" , kind of a neutral state. They understood that we are either moving towards God pisteuo , or moving away from God Apisteuo.

Pisteuo , moving towards God is "a continual surrendering of our lives to Jesus , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Apisteuo , moving away from God is everything other than such surrender. It can only be one or the other.

:think:

Jas 2:19 ThouG4771 believestG4100 thatG3754 there isG2076 oneG1520 God;G2316 thou doestG4160 well:G2573 theG3588 devilsG1140 alsoG2532 believe,G4100 andG2532 tremble.G5425

God's Truth

undisputed

Abram believed God and God counted it to him as righteousness.

Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Are you going to argue against James? What does James say?

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? James 2:20

21Was not our father Abraham justified by what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

way 2 go

Are you going to argue against James? What does James say?

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? James 2:20

21Was not our father Abraham justified by what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

James was referring to Abraham's 2nd covenant with circumcision
while Paul always refers to Abram's 1st covenant of faith only.

and I quoted James to show Faither his premise
did not hold up on the word believe .

God's Truth

Here is one that refutes you just like you need.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Did you read that?

He obeyed from the beginning.

The Call of Abram
12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him;

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Anytime you look at anything regarding the Greek word pisteuo "in English" , it will reflect the mistranslation made by the translators. It was mistranslated into the English , as the result of that it will always be mistranslated out of the English too. You will only find a connection between believe and pisteuo when your reading it in English . That would never happen if you were reading Greek , because they have no word for the English word "believe."

The English has no word for "pisteuo" , and the Greek has no word for "believe."

As for the personal attack , i thought i was pointing out a pitfall. Whats important is that i point it out for you , if i didn't your blood would be on my hands . Now , if you and many others here don't heed the warning , your blood will on your own hands. A watchman.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Now I remember you.

You have been pushing one theory over and over.

It is obsession, brother.

way 2 go

Here is one that refutes you just like you need.

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.

Did you read that?

He obeyed from the beginning.

The Call of Abram
12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

4 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him;

does God say "and Abram obeyed and he counted it to him as righteousness " here at the
making of the 1st covenant. :nono:

God's Truth

does God say "and Abram obeyed and he counted it to him as righteousness " here at the
making of the 1st covenant. :nono:

Faith alone is dead.

Even the demons believe and do something, they shudder.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

Now I remember you.

You have been pushing one theory over and over.

It is obsession, brother.

My obsession if thats how you want to describe it , is "taking up my cross."

If you could describe " Christianity " in one sentence , it would go like this. " Deny self , take up your cross , and follow Him."

We deny ourselves in the Biblical sense by ( pisteuo) or Faithing . Defined , it is "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

As our surrender allows God to participate in that personal relationship , ( denying ourselves ) we will have the desire to take up our cross. " Our cross " is serving others in some capacity , could be earthly matters or Spiritual matters .

Today , i'm serving you and others Meshak by pointing out a pitfall , along with the way through it. It's an important cross to bare , ( your Spiritual journey ) and i take it very seriously . I don't do this for myself in any way. It's specifically for you and others who desire to know Christ better , or what i refer to as the calling or drawing of the Father.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here are some facts and then maybe someone can show me where i'm not understanding correctly.

To me "Faith alone" , makes no sense , and this is why.

1) Faith is pistis in the Greek and is the noun.

2) The corresponding verb to that noun in the Greek is pisteuo.

3) Pisteuo is an action word something we do ,as is the definition of a verb.

4) pisteuo in the Vines is defined as "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

So are the "Faith alone" people saying that all we need to do is continually surrender ourselves to Christ in mind and deed ? Because that would make perfect sense to me.

bumped

Lon

The old nature is not a separate sibling you like to dam as being lost.
Yes it is. Do a scripture study on the old nature and flesh. It isn't Rome. It is Christianity 101.
Romans 7:24 Read your bible.

Jamie Gigliotti

Only the ones traveling on a false path claim "faith and faithing" doesn't take any effort.

Are you saying "trusting" takes no effort , and "continual surrender" does take effort ?

Even if you are well into the salvation journey , you have the Spirit of Christ and the Mind of Christ , you still need to wake up each day and make a choice to deny self by the surrendering ,take up your cross , which is baring other peoples burdens , and follow Him , which is that personal relationship that He creates and maintains however He sees fit. So faith and faithing takes alot of effort , it just never adds up to a work that can nullify Christs work on the cross.

Maybe you could clarify.

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead," Phillipians 3:12-13

Two questions from what I have understood from our conversations. I may have misunderstood.

1. I don't disagree effort needs to be made, choices be made. But as Paul admitted His surrender, His humility had not been perfected. It is a relational path that is between God and a person that is repenting. A path and intimacy that grows in trust, grows in love and Christlikeness. A process where we personally yield more and more of ourselves to the Holy Spirit in obedience to Him. An effort that is more abandoning of the self than working. Are you saying you have gain perfect surrender and humility to Christ?

2. There is a razor thin line between working at surrendering that is based on the self/self righteousness and actually abandoning the self personally to Christ. A good question to continually examiner ourselves with. But to keep in mind we can fool ourselves and often do and He will expose our true heart at His judgement. Do you do this?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:4,5,8,9,10

Right , theres no way , but someone could try , to achieve Grace or tear the curtain by their work. Christ is the only one who not only did it but completed it , thus providing us with the Grace required to stand in the presence the Father. " through Faith " is how we respond to that gift of Grace.

At what point did you and most of the church world decide Faith and faithing didn't have effort and work involved in it ? Please tell me , because the Scripture your unlawfully provided is specifally talking about Grace , which i agree with 100%.

Faith is 90 percent courage , Christ repeated it many times , "Have good courage". Courage can only be courage if you putting effort into something. And all effort isn't a claim on the Grace only Christ can provide.

Vines : pisteuo the verb form of Faith . "A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

That is what NT saving Faith is , period. Whether you or i agree with that doesn't change that fact.

Truster

Exactly, "God gives grace to the humble".

I think the best definition of the heart is who we truly are as God sees us.

The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked....you mean?

I will remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh...wouldn't mean that though would it.

God's Truth

The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked....you mean?

I will remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh...wouldn't mean that though would it.

God gives a new heart to those who repent of their sins.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?