ECT Confusion Over Being "Born Again"

turbosixx

Like in Acts 19:4 and the WAY Paul Baptized by the Holy Spirit , by the LYING ON BY HANDS Actgs 19:6 !!

Actually the same sequence is found in Acts 8.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them,

Acts 8:16 For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.

DAN P

Actually the same sequence is found in Acts 8.

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them,

Acts 8:16 For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then they began laying their hands on them, and they were receiving the Holy Spirit.

Hi and Acts 8:16 , LOOKS back to Acts 1:5 as Water Baptism is coming to an END , and Holy Spirit baptism is taking over !!

dan p

turbosixx

Water Baptism is coming to an END

If water baptism was coming to an end, why did Paul practice it on all his journeys and up till he was arrested?

I don't see the sequence changing.

Jesus said: 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Paul did till the end: Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wretched man that I am.

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:25)​

Paul is describing a person without God's Spirit trying to be a Christian.

Paul explained, "For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13)

We bury a flesh person in a watery grave and we are resurrected a Spirit person. (Romans 8:9)

Those who reject Jesus' baptism for his disciples are not obeying him.

Therefore, when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John (though Jesus Himself did not baptize, but His disciples), He left Judea and departed again to Galilee. (John 4:1-3)​

Jesus' true disciples will baptize until the end of the age.

Only those who obey him receive his Spirit. Those who don't receive his Spirit are not his.

Jerry Shugart

Only those who obey him receive his Spirit.

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal.3:1-3).​

Of course I am sure that you cannot figure out the correct answer to the question which Paul asked the Galatians there. Only those who know the things which are "freely" given to Christians have the spirit which is of God:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (Gal.2:12).​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course I am sure that you cannot figure out the correct answer to the question which Paul asked the Galatians there.

Yes, Jerry, I realize you believe scripture contradicts itself so you just pick and choose. But...

And we are His witnesses to these things and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. (Acts 5:32)

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. (Hebrews 5:9)​

What boss expects his people to obey him?

That's just asking too much.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, Jerry, I realize you believe scripture contradicts itself so you just pick and choose. But...

And we are His witnesses to these things and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him. (Acts 5:32)

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. (Hebrews 5:9)​

You are the one who thinks that the Scriptures contradict each other, not me. One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "obey" at Acts 5:32 is "to be persuaded" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

"And we are his witnesses of these things, and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those that persuade him"
(Acts 5:32; Jubilee Bible).​

One of the meanings of the Greek word translated "obey" at Hebrews 5:9 is "to hearken to" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

"and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal saving health unto all those that hearken unto him" (Heb.5:9; Jubilee Bible).​

Now answer Paul's question for me:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal.3:1-3).​

Perhaps if you are given enough chances to answer this you might finally get the right answer.