Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Good, go back and read the whole chapter. Maybe you'll see how obvious it is as to why the Jews needed to be silenced as to the Gentiles. The Jews always seek after signs, and if the Gentiles got them, they had to be included.

God testified to what they said. What don't you get about that?

popsthebuilder

Glorydaz,

I apologise.

After reading my own post it sounded very rude. To say utter nonsense is too strong. It was offensive and as such most likely kept you from hearing what I was trying to actually convey.

I know I can't really hear what is being said once I am offended and I did not mean to offend you.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Glorydaz,

I apologise.

After reading my own post it sounded very rude. To say utter nonsense is too strong. It was offensive and as such most likely kept you from hearing what I was trying to actually convey.

I know I can't really hear what is being said once I am offended and I did not mean to offend you.

peace

I have been so gentle with her for years and it makes no difference to her.

marhig

They were saved by grace through trust. Not by works or the keeping of the law.

Anyone attempting to keep the law must do so in intent, in thought, in word and in deed perfectly every moment of every day. Failure in one part means failure in all. When I was first saved I used to try and do this and time myself. Try it and if you think you're succeeding that's pride and you've failed.
And what did they do by their faith? They obeyed God!

Your false do nothing teaching pulls many down to the pit. There's no such thing as a do nothing gospel. We are to be doers of the word, and we are to obey the living God!

marhig

It was the truth, but Jesus could see into the young rich man's heart and knew he loved his money and was not without sin. Like many men, the young man was self-righteous (as are all those who claim they keep the law).

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​

Those who are really saved have the love of God shed abroad on their hearts. It's not necessary to lecture them about those things you might imagine. The fact is that we are not in the flesh if the Spirit of God lives in us. Romans 8:9

So it was the truth, if the rich young ruler obeyed God's commandments he would live?

Regardless of what many of you think, obedience is essential. How can we truly love God without obeying him?

And being blessed with the Spirit doesn't mean we don't obey God anymore, if we walk in the Spirit, we should be obeying him more than ever. And living by his will!

marhig

Some of us don't claim to do what only God can accomplish in us.

It's why boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

But, you go right ahead and tell us how you obey better than other folks, and how you overcome the flesh. We can see who is getting the glory in your world.
We can't do anything without God. And i keep saying that we can only overcome by the power of the Spirit through Christ.

But that's the thing, that's how you know people who are truly born of God and have the power of the Holy Spirit within, they will be gradually overcoming their flesh, and this world will mean nothing to them.

They won't be loving their own lives before God!

glorydaz

Utter nonsense.

I will refrain one last time, but do please recall what is said; that heathens help their friends alone too. And it is most assuredly a virtuous thing to treat all equitably. The Christ indeed did proclaim to love your neighbor as yourself. Understand that your enemy is closer than your neighbor.

Peace friend

Super Utter Nonsense. I will not refrain at all, because we are in a spiritual battle.
This is not a casual game of lawn darts....there are fiery darts and you don't even see them.

Understand that the enemy is very often your neighbor.

marhig

You can say that and not see? :dead:

If you'd can't see what is so obvious as "God manifest in the flesh", what makes you think you can understand what Paul is saying concerning headship?
I think it's you not seeing what God manifest in flesh is. Christ Jesus was dead to his flesh, thus he was full of the Holy Spirit, he was in the fullness of God bodily. And he was in the express image of God. That's how God was manifest in flesh.

So, why did Paul say that the head of Christ is God?

marhig

I see you have a stock answer to everything.

The reason those who preach a false gospel are chased off with a "whip" (albeit a tongue lashing) is because they (and you when the shoe fits) are doing despite to the very word of God.

Psalm 69:9
For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.​
Exactly, they weren't living by God's will, but many here talk down to people who belong to God and treat them as nothing. Just because they don't believe in their false teachings!

You believe in a false gospel GD i hope one day you will see that. We have to obey Jesus, and his gospel, and not just listen to Pauls gospel and twist it, to a listen and do nothing gospel!

God's Truth

If I spent time pondering myself, I might start boasting, as you do. I might say, Wow, look what God had ME do. Look how God used ME. I must be really something. I think everyone should being as obedient as I am. :banana:

No thanks. It's His business.

Paul says for the older women to teach the younger women to love their husbands.

How can you do that to women that sound like you? What if they told you what you tell me? What if they say you can't tell us what God says to do? What if they said do you love your husband? You do? Oh you are a boaster.

How is it you talk like that?

You cannot even bring yourself to say what we are supposed to do. I ask you what we have to do and you call it boasting. Paul says to teach the younger women to love their husbands, and what I hear from you is that you would tell Paul that you would be boasting if you did that. It sounds like you are saying you are too humble to obey. What kind of sense is that?

Here glorydaz, here is something that Paul tells you to do, and I can actually tell you.

Titus 2:3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

From what I get from what you say, you are too humble to teach a person WHAT TO DO. What I get from you is that you think it is boasting on yourself if you are actually not a slanderer and not addicted to much wine.

Did you read what Paul says? Tell me if you have to do that.

glorydaz

And what did they do by their faith? They obeyed God!

Your false do nothing teaching pulls many down to the pit. There's no such thing as a do nothing gospel. We are to be doers of the word, and we are to obey the living God!

He explained it very well, but you don't care, do you? The point is they didn't obey God...not in thought word and deed, and if they lie to themselves in order to claim they obey God, that's worse than if they never obeyed Him at all. It isn't a matter of "doing nothing", it's a matter of God doing everything, and our resting and trusting in Him. If you claim to be a doer of the word, you are a liar, and drag yourself down to the pit.

marhig

He explained it very well, but you don't care, do you? The point is they didn't obey God...not in thought word and deed, and if they lie to themselves in order to claim they obey God, that's worse than if they never obeyed Him at all. It isn't a matter of "doing nothing", it's a matter of God doing everything, and our resting and trusting in Him. If you claim to be a doer of the word, you are a liar, and drag yourself down to the pit.
Yes they did obey God.

And as i keep saying, we can't do anything without God, yet we still have a freewill to make choices, and every day we make the choices to either do the will of God or live by our flesh. And there are many who love their flesh first and live to please themselves calling themselves saved with their false do nothing gospel!

We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only

You say God does it all, so what do you have the do to live by his will? Why do we have free will if it means nothing?

glorydaz

So it was the truth, if the rich young ruler obeyed God's commandments he would live?

If he obeyed them perfectly, yes, but one single error and he is guilty of all.

Regardless of what many of you think, obedience is essential. How can we truly love God without obeying him?

We believe and trust in Him...that is the obedience of faith. That is how we show our love for God.

And being blessed with the Spirit doesn't mean we don't obey God anymore, if we walk in the Spirit, we should be obeying him more than ever. And living by his will!

How good is good enough? How many times can one fail? What kind of score must we get before we are cast aside? Tell me, is your faith in your ability to be obedient or in His ability to keep you?

glorydaz

And if we have true faith we obey God and do his will!

Did Isaiah and Moses obey God? Or did they live by their own will?

Isaiah said he was a man of unclean lips, and Moses failed to enter the promised land. One thing I do know about both of them....they relied on God not on themselves.

marhig

And being faithful is synonymous with being devout and loving without condition.

How does one proclaim a single, true, unconditional love while putting their own wants above those of the beloved?

peace

Excellent post :)

marhig

One can't claim ignorance once they claim to see. That's when they become false teachers.

John 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
Oh i see you go by the teachings of Jesus when it suits you!

glorydaz

I think it's you not seeing what God manifest in flesh is. Christ Jesus was dead to his flesh, thus he was full of the Holy Spirit, he was in the fullness of God bodily. And he was in the express image of God. That's how God was manifest in flesh.

So, why did Paul say that the head of Christ is God?

No, that is not how God was manifest in the flesh.

John 1:1-3KJV John 1:14KJV

Here we see John the Baptist being spoken of by Isaiah...."Prepare the way for our God".

Isaiah 40:3KJV The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

John 1:23KJV He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.​

If you can't see that, you can't see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.