ECT The Throne of David

Jerry Shugart

Heir of all things promised! Crucified and glorified! Reigning now, even if everything is not subject!

How can you miss it.

So we are supposed to believe that the Lord Jesus is reigning now and this is actually happening now?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

At least you are good for a laugh every now and then!

God's Truth

When is this prophecy going to be fulfilled?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).

Jesus was and is the King.

Matthew 2:2
asking, "Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him."

Luke 1:32
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,

When will God's will be done on the earth as it is in heaven?:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Mt.6:19).

What is the kingdom which the Lord Jesus will deliver up here?:

The kingdom come is when the saved receive the Holy Spirit, and the saved do God’s will

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power" (1 Cor.15:24).
That is when Jesus comes again, which proves he is not going to rule on the earth again when he comes.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Throne of David Scripturally defined:

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

God's Truth

The Throne of David Scripturally defined:

2Sa 3:10 To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

Jesus sits on the throne over Israel and of the world.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So we are supposed to believe that the Lord Jesus is reigning now and this is actually happening now?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

At least you are good for a laugh every now and then!

Laugh on, blind man.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 4:14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was and is the King.

Matthew 2:2
asking, "Where is the One who has been born King of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him."

Luke 1:32
He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David,

The kingdom come is when the saved receive the Holy Spirit, and the saved do God’s will

That is when Jesus comes again, which proves he is not going to rule on the earth again when he comes.

Jesus reigns over the House of God at this time and will in the future reign over all of the earths inhabitants when the nations will no longer learn war.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

LA

Interplanner

Jesus reigns over the House of God at this time and will in the future reign over all of the earths inhabitants when the nations will no longer learn war.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Dan 7:22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

LA

This earth? The king who said 'See, I'm making everything new'?

Jerry Shugart

So the will of the LORD is being done on earth as it is in heaven now?:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"
(Mt.6:19).​

Even though Paul refers to this age as an evil one you continue to insist that the following things are happening now:

You are totally confused.

Danoh

The Lord Jesus is presently seated in the Father's throne.
He will reign from the throne of David at His second coming.

Actually: as with any Prince; He is presently seated at His Father's "right" as His "right hand" and until His time is ready to take His Position as King.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

God's Truth

LA

Jesus is reigning now over everything and everybody.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually: as with any Prince; He is presently seated at His Father's "right" as His "right hand" and until His time is ready to take His Position as King.

Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

Hebrews 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Peter 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

Well actually, either is correct.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus is presently seated in the Father's throne.
He will reign from the throne of David at His second coming.

Jesus is on the throne over everything, Israel included.

The throne over Israel is a throne over God's kingdom.

That is what the scriptures say.

God's Truth

So the will of the LORD is being done on earth as it is in heaven now?:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"
(Mt.6:19).​

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Ephesians 1:5
He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Hebrews 13:21
equip you with every good thing to do His will. And may He accomplish in us what is pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Even though Paul refers to this age as an evil one you continue to insist that the following things are happening now:

You are totally confused.

The righteous branch came.

Danoh

Well actually, either is correct.

Lol - so The Son is on The Father's lap?

That passage is emphasizing His share of His authority with the Father.

And are said overcomers going to sit on both Their laps?

No - they are going to reign WITH Him - their share of their authority with Him.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Whoops; there's that Land Promise, again: IP; et al.

God's Truth

God was the only King over Israel, and the Jews rejected God and wanted an earthly king.

1 Samuel 8:7 6But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.

That means whoever was king was king over God's kingdom.

1 Chronicles 28:5 Of all my sons--and the LORD has given me many--he has chosen my son Solomon to sit on the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.

Jesus is the righteous one who would sit on the throne.

Isaiah 16:5“And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.”

Jesus came and taught that the kingdom of God had come to earth by being inside the saved.

Luke 17:21 Nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' --for the Kingdom of God is within you."

We do God's will on earth as it is in heaven.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Ephesians 1:5 He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Hebrews 13:21 equip you with every good thing to do His will. And may He accomplish in us what is pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

When Jesus comes again, it will be at the last and great white throne judgment in the clouds; we will all be resurrected; the wrath will come on the earth; the last enemy will be put under his feet; there will be a NEW EARTH and and the NEW JERUSALEM will be on the earth---THEN Jesus will hand over the kingdom to the Father. How does anyone get that he will sit on a throne/chair on this earth like David sat upon? Our resurrected Lord is going to sit on a throne/chair like David did? How does anyone get that when he will sit on a throne and rule here when the scripture plainly says he hands over the kingdom to the Father?

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

God's Truth

When Jesus ascended to heaven and sat on the throne, he gave to the saved the Holy Spirit.

That is how the kingdom of God lives inside you.

That is how God's will can be done on earth as it is in heaven.

The saved are seated in heaven with Jesus now.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol - so The Son is on The Father's lap?

That passage is emphasizing His share of His authority with the Father.

And are said overcomers going to sit on both Their laps?

No - they are going to reign WITH Him - their share of their authority with Him.

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Whoops; there's that Land Promise, again: IP; et al.

Why be so pedantic and strain to argue with someone who is actually in agreement with you.

There are plenty here that don't believe the Scripture regarding GOD's promises to Israel's Messiah to reign on this earth from the throne of David.

Do you just feel the need to exhibit some kind of Godfatherly superiority?

Jerry Shugart

Are you serious? Do you really think that verse fulfills what is said here about what will happen when the Lord Jesus reigns from the throne of David:

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself?

Do you never tire of perverting the word of God?

God's Truth

Are you serious? Do you really think that verse fulfills what is said here about what will happen when the Lord Jesus reigns from the throne of David:

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself?

Do you never tire of perverting the word of God?

You are the one who won't except the Word of God.

What don't you get that Jesus says the kingdom is within?

What don't you get about doing God's will?

You demean the Truth.

It is beyond outrageous that you won't believe what is plainly written and you go against Jesus as if he is just a man like yourself.

You cannot even address the scriptures I give and you can only insult. What else does a denier of the truth got?