The Ten Commandments are Jewish. What about the United States of America?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know what God's law could not do (Ro8:3KJV), and that it could not bring life (Gal3:21KJV)?
Shalom.

I have read the entire Bible, and I accept it all. You may need help with understanding or interpretation. Have you started at the beginning with Torah? Then we have the Prophets and the Writings. The TaNaKh is before Matthew through Revelation.

Consider the following.

Deuteronomy 30:15, 19, 20
Deuteronomy 32:45-47

Romans 7:10

The scripture Romans 7:10 does not cancel out or invalidate anything that has come before. It has to do with how Paul was thinking and what he learned from the commandment, even in regard to Jesus Christ. See Romans 7:25.

Also, it is my belief that Matthew 5:17-20 is talking about more than just the Ten Commandments. The Torah has 613 commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Bradley D

Shalom.

It is good to hear that you are in support of the Ten Commandments.

The two commandments that you speak of are to love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might, and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Leviticus 19:18

There are 613 Commandments in Torah.

Are you speaking of Matthew 22:34-40?

Do you observe the Ten Commandments?

The Ten Commandments are Jewish. They are Jewish. God made a covenant with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. This covenant is the Ten Commandments.

See the Torah and

Isaiah 56:6

Shalom.

Jacob

Yes I am referring to Matthew on the two Great Commandments. I read the 10 Commandments every morning during my prayer time. I believe in them and work at following them. Jesus told us that even a bad thought is a sin. So must always be on guard. Satan will work at tempting those who believe to sin than those who don't. As for the 613 commandments in the Torah. Are not many of them reflections on the Ten commandments?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes I am referring to Matthew on the two Great Commandments. I read the 10 Commandments every morning during my prayer time. I believe in them and work at following them. Jesus told us that even a bad thought is a sin. So must always be on guard. Satan will work at tempting those who believe to sin than those who don't. As for the 613 commandments in the Torah. Are not many of them reflections on the Ten commandments?
Shalom.

There are 2, 10, and 613 Commandments. I do not know why you refer to the 2 the way that you do. The 10 and the 613 fall under or are of the 2.

A bad thought may or may not be a sin, but is the result of the fall or not (maybe freewill). I do not know what to make of your statement about satan.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And Moses was a citizen of Egypt. He was born there.
Shalom.

I am a citizen of the United States of America by birth. I have a birth certificate, social security card, Drivers license, and I am on Medicare and Medicaid. I am 36 years old.

Shalom.

Jacob

Rondonmonson

Shalom.

What is a sin that leads to death? What do you mean by the moral law?

Adultery is deserving of death.

Is the commandment against adultery observed in the United States of America? Is it a part of the law of the United States of America? If not, should it be?

Does the United States of America have the Ten Commandments, God's covenant made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai, for law, as a part of the law, or is it the basis for all law in the United States of America?

Shalom.

Jacob

All sins are worthy of Death, hence we need the Blood of Jesus to cover our sins. Thus without Mercy we would all perish. But God, through his son Jesus Christ, has mercy upon us that accept the gift of Salvation via Jesus Christ.

Cursed is the man that keeps not all of the law at all times, thus Jesus bore the curse for us, as it is written.

The Law is written in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All sins are worthy of Death, hence we need the Blood of Jesus to cover our sins. Thus without Mercy we would all perish. But God, through his son Jesus Christ, has mercy upon us that accept the gift of Salvation via Jesus Christ.

Cursed is the man that keeps not all of the law at all times, thus Jesus bore the curse for us, as it is written.

The Law is written in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.
Shalom.

In whatever you lack by way of understanding may you come to understand.

Shalom.

Jacob

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Children who are disobedient should be put to death.

Unfortunately, you are misquoting the verse:

*“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and who, when they have chastened him, will not heed them, *then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city, to the gate of his city. *And they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ *Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall put away the evil from among you, and all Israel shall hear and fear. - Deuteronomy 21:18-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy21:18-21&version=NKJV

https://www.gotquestions.org/stone-rebellious-children.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/rebellious-son