Torah and are you Torah observant?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I read, study, and observe Torah, in the United States of America. I am a citizen of the United States of America. In that I observe Torah I am of Israel. I may or may not have Jewish blood. But I did choose to convert or become a proselyte, having already accepted Genesis through Deuteronomy and the rest of scripture as a Christian.

Do you know what the Torah says? Do you observe it?

Do you read and / or understand Torah? Do you observe it? Have you been taught what (the) Torah says? Have you been taught Torah?

It is possible to learn the Torah. It is possible to observe Torah.

May God bless your studies and whoever you have as a teacher of Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that the promised and prophesied Jewish Messiah is coming for the first time, or for the Second?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that the promised and prophesied Jewish Messiah is coming for the first time, or for the Second?
Shalom.

I believe that Messiah came in the person of Yeshua and that He will come again, or that He will return.

I am an ex-Christian dispensationalist.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Messiah came in the person of Yeshua and that He will come again, or that He will return.
Are there any other Jews you know who agree with you here, or are you alone on this count? Does anybody give you grief over this belief?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are there any other Jews you know who agree with you here, or are you alone on this count? Does anybody give you grief over this belief?
Shalom.

I do not know why anyone would. He is the expected Messiah. This is (both) Judaism and Israel's Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Epoisses

Shalom.

I read, study, and observe Torah, in the United States of America. I am a citizen of the United States of America. In that I observe Torah I am of Israel. I may or may not have Jewish blood. But I did choose to convert or become a proselyte, having already accepted Genesis through Deuteronomy and the rest of scripture as a Christian.

Do you know what the Torah says? Do you observe it?

Do you read and / or understand Torah? Do you observe it? Have you been taught what (the) Torah says? Have you been taught Torah?

It is possible to learn the Torah. It is possible to observe Torah.

May God bless your studies and whoever you have as a teacher of Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

I reject the Torah and all the false brethren like Jacob who teach it. Deceivers with no faith who trust in their works of merit.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
. . . Messiah came in the person of Yeshua and that He will come again, or that He will return.
I do not know why anyone would. He is the expected Messiah. This is (both) Judaism and Israel's Messiah.
Because believing that He is the Messiah (Christ) makes you a Christian, and not a Jew, according to Jews. So that's why I asked.

daqq

Acts 15:10 (KJV)
Acts 15:24 (KJV)
Romans 8:3 (KJV)
Galatians 3:21 (KJV)

'Sounds OK to reject the Torah. :idunno:

Those things have no impact on what I said.

Romans 10:6,7,8,9
Deuteronomy 30:11,12,13,14,15

The one who chooses to see the Torah according to the flesh chooses death.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Romans 10:6-9
Deuteronomy 30:11-15

So I'm going to gather that seeing the Torah "according to the flesh" means that when it says to kill children who disobey their parents, you take it literally and at its word? If not I don't know what you're talking about.

daqq

So I'm going to gather that seeing the Torah "according to the flesh" means that when it says to kill children who disobey their parents, you take it literally and at its word? If not I don't know what you're talking about.

If you take that literally-physically you choose death; for "Thou shalt not murder-kill."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Romans 10:6,7,8,9
Deuteronomy 30:11,12,13,14,15

Also, which way should we see the Torah when the Apostles in the first Church council write, "...certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment" (Ac15:24KJV)?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you take that literally-physically you choose death; for "Thou shalt not murder-kill."
It says you should kill. Adulterers, kids disobedient to their parents, etc. It says kill. Kill. You say that's taking it "literally-physically?" It's just what it says. The law. Torah. Kill.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because believing that He is the Messiah (Christ) makes you a Christian, and not a Jew, according to Jews. So that's why I asked.
Shalom.

No. That is wrong. A Jew has nothing to do with Gentile beliefs. Jesus (Yeshua) was a Jew. He is alive again after having died, and is now at the right hand of God.

The Messiah was Jewish. He is the Jewish Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Also, which way should we see the Torah when the Apostles in the first Church council write, "...certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment" (Ac15:24KJV)?

From the same passage again, circumcision is of the heart, (Deut 30:6), as was previously mentioned in Deut 10:16, just as Paul likewise teaches in Rom 2:28-29. Acts 15:1 plainly states that the complaint was not the Torah of Moses but the CUSTOM which means the INTERPRETATION of Moses that was held by the rulers of the people, the Pharisees, Sadducees, Elders, Scribes, and the Council; for their interpretations were carnal-physical minded, (death).

Acts 15:1 ASV
1 And certain men came down from Judæa and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the custom of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

The customs concerned "the works of the Law" which were the interpretations of the rulers of the people based in physical applications which commenced with the "sign" of outward physical circumcision, (because they unwittingly chose death in their own interpretations because of a carnal and natural man mindset, just as most people still do to this day). That is why I quoted the Romans 10 passage which quotes from Deuteronomy 30 where it is clearly written that the true work of the Torah does not concern deeds of the hands but what comes forth from your heart through your mouth, (Deut 30:14). The Master teaches the very same things in the Gospel accounts, (particularly Matthew).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Notice they "gave no such commandment." These "certain" people who were teaching the Torah, were rogues, and the Church disavowed them.

daqq

It says you should kill. Adulterers, kids disobedient to their parents, etc. It says kill. Kill. You say that's taking it "literally-physically?" It's just what it says. The law. Torah. Kill.

That is your conflation-interpretation of TWO DIFFERENT Hebrew words.
Who gave you the right to do such blatant nonsense?
Lemme guess; you read in your Bible translation? :chuckle: