ECT The Throne of David

God's Truth

Is it funny to you that the Lord rides on a cloud?

Isaiah 19:1
The oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt; The idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence, And the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them.

Daniel 7:13
"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him.

Revelation 1:7 "Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24:30
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Matthew 25:31
When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne.

You think that glorious throne is a chair here on this earth, one like David sat on?

Mark 13:26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Luke 21:27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

The last judgment will be in the clouds and the saved will meet Jesus there.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Right Divider

Body part
I have proven with scripture that the earthly thrown was God’s throne. Do you think that God would sit on an earthly throne? Do you think that Jesus would?
The earthly throne in Jerusalem is BOTH God's throne and the throne of David.

1Kgs 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) ¶ Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Chr 29:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(29:23) Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

It's not hard to understand.

Jesus is sitting on his Father’s throne now.
Yes, and it's NOT the same throne.

Rev 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So simple that even a child can understand it, but you don't.

When Jesus comes again, he will sit on a throne in the clouds and that is the great white throne judgment time. That is the last judgment when all enemies are put under him.
There is NO SCRIPTURE to support this idea.

Right Divider

Body part
Is it funny to you that the Lord rides on a cloud?

Isaiah 19:1
The oracle concerning Egypt. Behold, the LORD is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt; The idols of Egypt will tremble at His presence, And the heart of the Egyptians will melt within them.

Daniel 7:13
"I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him.

Revelation 1:7 "Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 24:30
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Matthew 25:31
When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne.

You think that glorious throne is a chair here on this earth, one like David sat on?

Mark 13:26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Luke 21:27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

The last judgment will be in the clouds and the saved will meet Jesus there.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
You are just SO completely confused that there is no way for anyone to help you.

Jerry Shugart

He will be sitting on a throne in the clouds. It is a white throne judgment.

When is this prophecy going to be fulfilled?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

When will God's will be done on the earth as it is in heaven?:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"
(Mt.6:19).​

What is the kingdom which the Lord Jesus will deliver up here?:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

Last edited:

God's Truth

The earthly throne in Jerusalem is BOTH God's throne and the throne of David.

1Kgs 2:12 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) ¶ Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.

1Chr 29:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(29:23) Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.

Luke 1:31-33 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. (1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: (1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

It's not hard to understand.

Yes, and it's NOT the same throne.

Rev 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

So simple that even a child can understand it, but you don't.

There is NO SCRIPTURE to support this idea.

I have already explained it with scripture. Think about it some more.

The people of God are not just blood relatives of Abraham.

The people of God are a people of all nations made holy by the blood of Jesus, and we are called Israel.

God's Truth

Utter nonsense.

The saved are a holy people, a holy nation unto God.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word

Right Divider

Body part
The earthly people of the earthly Israel are NOT holy UNLESS and UNTIL they come into the kingdom of God---the body of Christ.

Christ is building up his kingdom, and you would do well to understand that.
I understand what the Bible actually teaches. I do not believe your mythology.

God's Truth

I understand what the Bible actually teaches. I do not believe your mythology.

The Jews were called holy people because they obeyed God and did the ceremonial/purification works.

Those works do not do anything anymore.

God cut off the Jews who reject Jesus, regardless if they are blood related to Abraham.

Only the blood of Jesus can make someone holy.

Jerry Shugart

He will be sitting on a throne in the clouds. It is a white throne judgment.

When is this prophecy going to be fulfilled?:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

When will God's will be done on the earth as it is in heaven?:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"
(Mt.6:19).​

What is the kingdom which the Lord Jesus will deliver up here?:

"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
(1 Cor.15:24).​

Interplanner

His kingdom in this present form was never going to totally succeed; it is prayer that it would. He gives it up at the end of history and all his opponents are removed, Rev 20. It is only complicated if you try to merge in another episode of Judaism in Judea, and if you ignore that David saw that the resurrection WAS the enthronement, in Ps 16 (Acts 2).

Jerry Shugart

His kingdom in this present form was never going to totally succeed; it is prayer that it would.

So you must think that this prophecy will never be fulfilled:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

Interplanner

IT IS FULFILLED IN CHRIST, Jerry. I can't believe you have no concept of that. It is in the preaching/proclamation of him that he reigns. Where he is not preached and therefore not believed, he does not.

But look at Rom 15:12: it celebrates with the Gentiles the fact that the ruler of Jesse is here and rules the earth.

You must at some point in reading the NT realize that there are things true in Christ that are not (yet) totally true in the outside world, and that if a civic authority in Judea in the future mattered, it would have said so in the NT. You are forever reading your NT-less OT.

Jerry Shugart

IT IS FULFILLED IN CHRIST, Jerry. I can't believe you have no concept of that. It is in the preaching/proclamation of him that he reigns. Where he is not preached and therefore not believed, he does not.

So this is happening now?:

Interplanner

"He made him heir of all things, through whom He made the universe, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven...

About the Son he says:
Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom

We don't see everything subject to him, but we see Jesus...now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death...tasting death for everyone.' Heb 1-2 (the writer is referring back to the crowning and reigning of Christ already) He inherited what was promised to David as Acts 13 with Is 55 said, where it is also a reward for his suffering.

Heir of all things promised! Crucified and glorified! Reigning now, even if everything is not subject!

How can you miss it.