Abortion///cont.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The German people got impregnated with unwanted Jews!?

How did this come about?

migration across europe

them, france, poland, russia - unwanted jews all over europe, inconveniencing real europeans

according to quip's "moral compass", no problem at all in killing them

glassjester

iirc, hitler did something similar regarding the selfish "right" of the german people not to be inconvenienced by the jews

At least the world had enough sense back then to recognize Hitler as evil.

Kill 6 million Jews, and it's genocide.
Kill 50 million babies, and it's women's liberty.

quip

BANNED
Banned
migration across europe

them, france, poland, russia - unwanted jews all over europe, inconveniencing real europeans

according to quip's "moral compass", no problem at all in killing them

I sound like an inconvenience to you...you can come kill me at your pleasure...at least according to "my compass". :plain:

Or rather you could instead improve your reading comp.

Your choice.

glassjester

I sound like an inconvenience to you...you can come kill me at your pleasure...at least according to "my compass". :plain:

Or rather you could instead improve your reading comp.

Your choice.

Earlier you said that your moral compass is your reason for believing certain abortions are immoral. You also said a woman's moral compass is what allows her to choose to have her unborn child deliberately killed.

Well who's right? And on which side should the law be?

Isn't it just your "moral compass," after all, that tells you that murdering an 11-day-old baby is immoral? Yet I seriously doubt you'd favor a law that allows people to follow their "moral compass" in deciding whether to murder an 11-day-old.

Clearly the moral compass is not a sufficient reason for you to believe something ought to be legal.

Quip, why should murder be illegal?

...or do you not believe it should be?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
doser notes:
iirc, hitler did something similar regarding the selfish "right" of the german people not to be inconvenienced by the jews

quip, having misplaced his glasses, reads "similar" as "identical""
The German people got impregnated with unwanted Jews!?

How did this come about?

perhaps quip should take his own advice:
...you could instead improve your reading comp.

:)

eider

I guess I haven't studied the Word of Eider enough...

So why stop at 18? How can you expect a kid to get by when he's cut off after high school? He'll surely need college in order to provide for himself. The government must pay for that, too, right?
Where I live infants become juniors at about 8, and Juniors become seniors at age 11.
:idunno:

Otherwise, kill that kid!
No...... if you stop giving support to that child, and renege on your tax payments, then I wouldn't expect anything to happen to the child, rather that you might be charged with, indicted for tax evasion?

You people./.... you try to make demands upon women and couples all over your country, wishing to leave them under the most dreadful stresses if they should have severely disabled children or possibly children born of rape.... and with absolutely no intention of lifting a finger to assistance, other than in the odd charitable buck or good deed carried through for your own feel-good-factor.

And what I don't get, is exactly where you managed to drag this self-righteous nonsense up from?
Don't try and tell me that this came from Jesus...... please!

eider

The sex part is their own business. The killing babies thing, though - that's just got to stop.

Sure...... no reasonable person supports the 'getting rid' of unwanted babies.

But you go further..... you expect women to carry on to birth children that pre-natal checks have shown to be very disabled. If this happened to you then you might, just might, have a clue.
Just now you don't have a clue.

And you can include rape victim's decisions as well.

And be prepared to pay up for all children's medicare in your country..... how tight can you get?

glassjester

Where I live infants become juniors at about 8, and Juniors become seniors at age 11.
:idunno:

No...... if you stop giving support to that child, and renege on your tax payments, then I wouldn't expect anything to happen to the child, rather that you might be charged with, indicted for tax evasion?

You people./.... you try to make demands upon women and couples all over your country, wishing to leave them under the most dreadful stresses if they should have severely disabled children or possibly children born of rape.... and with absolutely no intention of lifting a finger to assistance, other than in the odd charitable buck or good deed carried through for your own feel-good-factor.

And what I don't get, is exactly where you managed to drag this self-righteous nonsense up from?
Don't try and tell me that this came from Jesus...... please!

Should abortion be legal, yes or no?

eider

Well?

If all your demands are met, should abortion be illegal?

Yes..... but you would never be prepared to pay up for the scores of clinics dedicated to keeping seriously disabled or comatose people alive, at huge costs per day per patient. I would not be sure that you wouldn't renege on the bargain.

But..... theoretically, yes.

I just don't get where you would trawl such a deman up, where a foetus is seriously disabled. Crazy. Extremist.

glassjester

In cases of rape, severe disability, risk to mother, then abortion should be supported.
You haven't got any argument against that ...... no reasonable one.

Didn't you say an unborn child should be treated the same as a born one?

eider

Didn't you say an unborn child should be treated the same as a born one?

Women should not have their freedom deprived for twenty ears because of a rape.
If severely disabled infants were aborted hen there would not be BE (m)any born ones.

I still have not received any indication that you would support child medicare. I think that you're just against any human rights or wellfare support programs. Sad..... Comfort Christianity with hard-line right-wing politics?

But at least your in good company Catholics, who had a rather bad reputation in Ireland for wellfare support.
Have you seen the film Wilhamena?

eider

I am pro-life because it is wrong to deliberately kill a human being. Don't you think so?

Ok.... so you're a conscientious objector.
I can respect COs, who won't, cannot serve in combative roles, carry weapons, support war etc.

glassjester

Women should not have their freedom deprived for twenty ears because of a rape.
If severely disabled infants were aborted hen there would not be BE (m)any born ones.

What if the mother doesn't find out the baby's disabled until he's born? Can she kill him then?