The Seal Of God

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Seal of God.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
In the scriptures Yahwah seals His people with His law.

Isaiah 8: 16
“Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.”

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 7:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Then I saw another messenger coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Who is this person?

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 9:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Hebrews 8: 10
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahwah; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: And I will be there God, and they shall be my people:

Deuteronomy 6: 8
And you shall bind them (the laws of God) for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be in your forehead between your eyes.” (Memory is in the forehead.)

According to Daniel, in chapter 7:25, the Beasts hatred is directed against the commandment dealing with time. This can only mean the Sabbath commandment, which alone deals with an element of time, the fourth commandment.

Daniel 7: 25
And he (the little Horn) shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Yahshua the Christ.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Yahshua.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Question:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Why are there Christians who preach against the laws of God?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Exodus 13:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]And it shall be for a sign to you upon your hand, and for a memorial between your eyes[/FONT][FONT=&quot], that Yahwah's law may be in your mouth:

Exodus 31:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Speak to the children of Israel, saying, truly my Sabbaths you shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am Yahwah that sanctifies you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Exodus 31:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] for in six days Yahwah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested,…

Gentile converts are a part of Israel in the body of believers.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household,...

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

The Seal of God is His commandments in accord with the New Covenant, along with the testimony of Yahshua. P.S. Baptist is a testimony to Yahshua also.[/FONT]

CherubRam

Catholicism regarding the Sabbath

Different statements made by Catholic clergy regarding the Sabbath. Here are some quotes with their sources:

"It was the Catholic church which...has transferred this rest to Sunday in remembrance of the resurrection of our Lord. Therefore the observance of Sunday by the Protestants is an homage they pay, in spite of themselves, to the authority of the (Catholic) church." Monsignor Louis Segur, Plain Talk About Protestantism of Today, p. 213.

"Sunday is our mark of authority...the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record of London, Ontario, September 1, 1923.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. 'The day of the Lord' was chosen, not from any direction noted in the scriptures, but from the Catholic church's sense of its own power...People who think that the scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.

Do you pay homage to the
Catholics by keeping a Sunday Sabbath?

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Sabbath Judaizers [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Council of Laodicea of around 365 AD decreed 59 laws, #29:
"Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ."

Pisidian Antioch in the Roman Empire
Acts 13
13 From Paphos, Paul and his companions sailed to Perga in Pamphylia, where John left them to return to Jerusalem. 14 From Perga they went on to Pisidian Antioch. On the Sabbath they entered the synagogue and sat down. 15 After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”16 Standing up, Paul motioned with his hand and said: “Fellow Israelites and you Gentiles who worship God, listen to me!

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. 45 When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy. They began to contradict what Paul was saying and heaped abuse on him.
46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: “We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

The first Gentile converts kept the Sabbath, and so therefore it was not an issue.

[/FONT]

CherubRam

Emperor Constantine I in A.D. 313, he legalized Christianity and made the first Sunday-keeping law. His infamous Sunday enforcement law of March 7, A.D. 321, reads as follows: “On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed.” (Codex Justinianus 3.12.3, trans. Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, 5th ed. (New York, 1902), 3:380, note 1.)

Galatians 5

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 4

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Colossians 2

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14

5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

CherubRam

Circumcision is the Old Covenant. The old priesthood was done away with, along with the festivals and sacrifices. Colossians 2:16 has to do with other Sabbath days. See: [FONT=&quot]

Other Sabbath Rest[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Commentary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Sabbath days spoken of here in Colossians, has to do with letting the land rest, mentioned in the scriptures below. It has nothing to do with God’s Seventh Day Sabbath; otherwise there would be a contradiction in the scriptures. The Seventh Day Sabbath is to be kept by all of mankind continually. It is also a sign of who God’s people are.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 23:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ Sabbath Laws ] “For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 23:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“‘So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the Lord for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:1-2[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Sabbath Year ] The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a Sabbath to the Lord. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:4[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of Sabbath rest, a Sabbath to the Lord.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatever the land yields during the Sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 25:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][ The Year of Jubilee ] “‘Count off seven Sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven Sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then the land will enjoy its Sabbath years[/FONT][FONT=&quot] all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its Sabbaths. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the Sabbaths you lived in it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Leviticus 26:43[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its Sabbaths[/FONT][FONT=&quot] while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Chronicles 36:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The land enjoyed its Sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a partial list of scriptures of what was done away with for the New Covenant. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Festivals rejected by Yahwah since 70 AD.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 40:6[/FONT]
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

[FONT=&quot]Psalm 51:16[/FONT]
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 21:3[/FONT]
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:11[/FONT]
“The multitude of [FONT=&quot]your sacrifices[/FONT]— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 1:14[/FONT]
Your New Moon feasts and [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT] I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

[FONT=&quot]Zephaniah 3:18[/FONT]
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of [FONT=&quot]your appointed festivals[/FONT], which is a burden and reproach for you.

[FONT=&quot]Lamentations 2:6[/FONT]
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget [FONT=&quot]her appointed festivals[/FONT] and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

[FONT=&quot]Hosea 2:11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will stop all her celebrations:[/FONT] her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

[FONT=&quot]Amos 5:21[/FONT]
“I hate, I despise [FONT=&quot]your[/FONT] religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zechariah 11:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jeremiah 31:31[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]This is a scriptural comparison of the N.I.V.; the King James, and a modern translation of the King James. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christians often refer to Ephesians 2:15 in the N.I.V. as proof that the commandments have been done away with. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 2:15 N.I.V. quote:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 2:15 K J. quote:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The word [enmity] in the K.J. means hostility. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 2:15, a modern translation. Quote:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] by abolishing in his flesh the hostility of the law with its commandments and regulations. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yahshua said in Matthew 5:17:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As for Romans 6:14 saying you are not under the law, but under grace. I find that the only laws to be done away with are the animal sacrifices, and festivals. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]See Isaiah 1:11, Jeremiah 6:20, Daniel 9:27, Luke 22:7, and Hebrews 9:25-28. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In regards to Colossians 2:14-16.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The priest had made many laws in addition to what God had commanded. See also Ezekiel 20:25, Romans 2:13, and revelations 12:17 and 14:12. [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]You should note that those entering the Kingdom of Heaven are those who keep the commandments.[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Matthew 5:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Anyone who breaks one of the least of (the-se) commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Matthew 19:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Matthew 22:40[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Mark 10:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.' "

[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Mark 12:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [ The Greatest Commandment ] One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Luke 1:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Both of them were upright in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commandments and regulations blamelessly.

[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]Luke 18:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.' "

[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Romans 13:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]Ephesians 2:15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    by fulfilling in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Joshua copied the laws of Moses onto stone also.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Joshua 8:32
There, in the presence of the Israelites, Joshua copied on stones the law of Moses, which he had written.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was,…

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In regards to "Ministry of The Spirit." What that means is that you keep God's commandments, not because they are written in stone and are law, but because they are written in your heart; and you keep them for the love of God and your fellow man, because it is the right thing to do. "The ministry that brought death" is the Mosaic laws of the priesthood, not God's commandments.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:8
will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?

Deuteronomy 31:26
Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not the commandments written in stone. There are two sets of laws, God's commandment laws, and the priestly Levitical law.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Romans 10:4
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

4 For Christ is the end[a] of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Footnotes:a.Romans 10:4 Or goal

[/FONT]
Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The commandments and good works have not been done away with. All Paul is getting at is that you cannot buy your way into heaven just by keeping the commandments and good works. Evil people can keep the law and do good works. Such people have even been known to hide among us. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Ephesians 4:12
to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up

Romans 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Romans 6:15
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Matthew 5:19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commandments and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches the commandments will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/FONT]

CherubRam

The Seal of God is a matter of life and death. This is a upmost important issue here. And what do we have, silence from the Christian community.

CherubRam

How about the Passover about which Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me."
The lord's supper can be held at any time.
1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Likewise also the cup after supper saying, "This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:20 KJV)

CherubRam

"Likewise also the cup after supper saying, "This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:20 KJV)

After they ate the bread, they then proceeded to drink the wine. That is why the word "after" is used. The Lord's Supper is ceremonial.