Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

Are you looking at when Jesus chased the money lenders out of the Temple?

No, I didn't think so.
And why did he do that? Because they weren't living by the will of God! They weren't obeying God, and they were putting their flesh before him. That's why Jesus did what he did, he didn't do it to those who loved God from their hearts and lived by his will!

Truster

Really? So what happened to the prophets like Moses and Isaiah?

They were saved by grace through trust. Not by works or the keeping of the law.

Anyone attempting to keep the law must do so in intent, in thought, in word and in deed perfectly every moment of every day. Failure in one part means failure in all. When I was first saved I used to try and do this and time myself. Try it and if you think you're succeeding that's pride and you've failed.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
They were saved by grace through trust. Not by works or the keeping of the law.

Anyone attempting to keep the law must do so in intent, in thought, in word and in deed perfectly every moment of every day. Failure in one part means failure in all. When I was first saved I used to try and do this and time myself. Try it and if you think you're succeeding that's pride and you've failed.

So is Paul speaking against Jesus?

Jesus says "for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Truster

Truster,

so by your logic, you are not wicked because you don't try to follow Jesus' commands.

am I right?

I don't try and do anything. It's my nature to walk in spirit. It's not a conscious decision its as natural as breathing. Romans 8:14 KJV

Before I was converted I didn't lay in bed wondering how I could sin that day.

Now that I've been converted I don't lay in bed wondering what good I can do.

Both are states. One is the state of being a sinner in which everything I did was sinful. The new state is one where everything I do is accepted in the beloved.

In the past 17 years I have fallen in sin, but I can't remain in sin. I can't enjoy sin. I don't relish sin. I hate sin with a holy hatred.

popsthebuilder

"Willing to repent" is a disgusting lie that conditions salvation on the will of man. John 1:13

So, what is it exactly, you mean when you say heart?
The freedom of choice man has by the will of GOD in no way negates the soveirgn will of GOD.

Though man may perceive his own will to submit to GOD, that doesn't mean that it wasn't wholly GOD alone ultimately responsible.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

Truster

The freedom of choice man has by the will of GOD in no way negates the soveirgn will of GOD.

Though man may perceive his own will to submit to GOD, that doesn't mean that it wasn't wholly GOD alone ultimately responsible.

peace

You twist the truth to suit your limited capacity to understand.

glorydaz

Why did Jesus say to the rich young ruler, that if he obeyed the commandments he would live?

It was the truth, but Jesus could see into the young rich man's heart and knew he loved his money and was not without sin. Like many men, the young man was self-righteous (as are all those who claim they keep the law).

The difference is that once we are born of God, then we will have his laws written in our hearts and in our minds and we are taught by the Spirit from within teaching and guiding us and showing us our own sins, and if we have true faith and we turn to God and submit to his will, then we will receive the strength to overcome.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.​

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​

We can't just say "i believe" and then live our lives as we please thinking we are eternally saved, that's not the truth. Those who are truly saved are those who are overcoming their flesh and others will see the life of Christ in them.

Those who are really saved have the love of God shed abroad on their hearts. It's not necessary to lecture them about those things you might imagine. The fact is that we are not in the flesh if the Spirit of God lives in us. Romans 8:9

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truster, I am trying to understand what you are saying.

So I hope you help me out.

I know your enemy friends, whom you claim wicked, do not understand what you are talking about.

popsthebuilder

Works, works, works and the conditions of salvation being in man.

Man is called to trust, to repent and to be holy. Man does not have the ability nor the power to do any of these things. The reason he is told to do so is to show man he is unable to do so. If it pleases the Almighty he will bring that man to a places of complete and utter despair at his weakness and cause him to cry out. At that moment the man is saved, because that's how the Eternal Almighty saves.
It doesn't stop there friend.

peace

Truster

So is Paul speaking against Jesus?

Jesus says "for God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The context of who Messiah was speaking with and why Messiah said what He did.

As far as Nicodemus was concerned he was expecting the Messiah to come only for the Hebrews. A savior for the Jews…the Messiah, ‘’the consolation of Israel’’ as Simeon attested (Luke 2:25). The Jews were not waiting for the consolation of a chosen people from all nations of the world, just the consolation of the chosen nation of Israel.

So when Nicodemus heard that, Elohim so loved the world (all the other nations as well as Israel) and that whosoever trusteth ( Jews, Gentiles, Barbarians, Parthians, Medes and so on) He was being told that there was no longer a restriction on Agapé, but whosoever from wheresoever would be saved, if they are gifted with trust.

popsthebuilder

Unless, unless, unless, if, if, if....That's the "good news"? Where's the FREE GIFT? :chew:

Law, law, law, law, law, and then you throw in a verse about bodily resurrection.

Thank you for proving my point. When you read those verses you cited, you're supposed to realize you can NEVER be that perfect. You're supposed to fall to your knees and beg God for His mercy and grace. You're supposed to admit you are lost if left to your own devices. But, alas, you just keep trying and trying to earn your way into heaven. :sigh:
You admit you are lost and then are guided. To not follow guidance is blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

peace

glorydaz

they don't know what will of God is. But pretend they do.

You ask them what is will of God. I know they don't know.

That's why they don't honor Jesus' teachings.

This poor woman doesn't know a thing about the righteousness of faith. :sigh:

She's like the Jews...great zeal but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
This poor woman doesn't know a thing about the righteousness of faith. :sigh:

She's like the Jews...great zeal but not according to knowledge.

Romans 10:1-3
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

hello gd.

may God bless you.

popsthebuilder

I have peace, but I don't speak peace to anyone who doesn't agree with my signature.
I can't see your signature and understand the greeting or closure of peace to be what is said to those in a strange land. Strange land being metaphorical of course and meaning strangers. The fact that you utterly refuse to wish peace upon me, or any good tidings at all just because I believe free will for man is too the will of GOD for His creation, is pretty telling.

You seem to have many things quite backwards. You vainly think you are the fullness and truth of the Christ, but what you show are partial truths scattered about in a nonsensical manner.

When I say peace I mean it with sincerity.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.