ECT WOOD, HAY, AND JERRY

Interplanner

They have been taught to keep everything in the OT in literal intactness and shred the NT, especially if it quotes or says something about the OT.

Interplanner

Down through history all men who have been saved have been saved in only one way--by grace through faith. So our blessings in this regard are shared by all men and not just the Israelites.

On the other hand, the Lord Jesus said this:

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews" (jn.4:22).​

Is that true now?

Has this prophecy been fulfilled?:

"And I will bring them (Israel), and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness...And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:8,13,23).

Of course that prophecy has not yet been fulfilled and the nation of Israel is not bearing any fruit for the Lord and she is no longer called the Olive tree. With these things in view it is obvious that the nation of Israel is not now receiving the blessing of the Olive Tree.

You do understand that what you say about those in the Body of Christ partaking in the blessings of the nation of Israel is the teaching of the Progressive Dispensationalists, don't you?

'Salvation is 'ek' the Jews' means it is from or through them. In other words, it is Christ. It is not through the nation. Christ is what Israel was supposed to be. He is the son called out of Egypt and the new exodus. There is no conflict. The NT is coherent, it is not the fragmented mess of RD, STP, Tamb and Must.

SaulToPaul 2

'Salvation is 'ek' the Jews' means it is from or through them. In other words, it is Christ. It is not through the nation. Christ is what Israel was supposed to be. He is the son called out of Egypt and the new exodus. There is no conflict. The NT is coherent, it is not the fragmented mess of RD, STP, Tamb and Must.

Made up, as usual.
Back to the drawing board for you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Hi and as a full grown believer I do not have to use TOYS and hope they serve you well !!

dan p

The Bozone Layer: you're surrounded by this layer that is preventing intelligence from penetrating your being.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You said that Israel is now receiving the blessings of the Olive Tree.

That idea is ridiculous because now Israel has been cast aside.

I told you that the remnant is the believing Jews and they are the remnant of the same nation which has been cast aside.

Has the Remnant been cast aside?

Was the Remnant cast aside in Elijah's day too?

Was the Remnant ever cast aside?

Did the Remnant remain in Jerusalem during the A.D. 70 invasion?

If Israel was cast aside and they were, the Remnant also is enduring the diaspora. However, the blessings of the Jewish covenants still belong to the Remnant of the believers of Israel. The Olive Tree still belongs to them.

Your attempt to make Israel the Olive Tree in Jeremiah does not make it the same Tree as the one in Romans. Because Israel are the natural branches of the tree not the tree and Gentiles are wild olive branches.

Jerry you've adhered yourself to a form of replacement theology. And in doing so you have missed all that the prophets said about the coming of Messiah, His rejection, His death and resurrection.

Unless you humble yourself and admit you can do better you will not be building with eternal things. The first century Pharisees misunderstood that the purpose of the law. They assumed that salvation was going to come thru keeping the law and when Yeshua came and taught that salvation would come by grace, they refused to humble themselves because of their decades of false teachings.

Jerry Shugart

Was the Remnant ever cast aside?

The remanant today are members of the Body of Christ. In the Body there is no distinction between the Jews and the Gentiles.

Therefore, it is obvious that the remnant does not represent Israel because those belonging to Israel are distinct from all of the people on the face of the earth.

For some reason you continue to assert that it is Israel who receive the blessings of the Olive Tree even though it is clear that Israel has been cast aside.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The remanant today are members of the Body of Christ. In the Body there is no distinction between the Jews and the Gentiles.

Therefore, it is obvious that the remnant does not represent Israel because those belonging to Israel are distinct from all of the people on the face of the earth.

For some reason you continue to assert that it is Israel who receive the blessings of the Olive Tree even though it is clear that Israel has been cast aside.

Aha! Mine eye hath seen it, you think you are a spiritual Jew!

DAN P

The Bozone Layer: you're surrounded by this layer that is preventing intelligence from penetrating your being.

Hi and just answer the post that I wrote as I do not WORRY about the NONSENE that you and others write as I have been penetrated by the Holy Spirit !!

dan p

DAN P

Again, the Bozone layer

“And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon the gentile Christians , and upon the Israel of God (Jewish Christians) :emphasis joy:
??Galatians? ?6:16? ?ESV??
http://bible.com/59/gal.6.16.esv

Hi and never read Gal 3:28 with just 4 verb tenses and all in the PRESENT TENSE , so do you want to know what they MEAN ??

The PRESENT TENSE means CONTINUOUS ACTION !!

Action about what ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Again, the Bozone layer

“And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon the gentile Christians , and upon the Israel of God (Jewish Christians) :emphasis joy:
??Galatians? ?6:16? ?ESV??
http://bible.com/59/gal.6.16.esv

If you take that literally then we must believe that two separate and distinct Christians are being referred to. One group which belongs to the Body of Christ and another group which belongs to the Israel of God.

Do you not believe that those who are referred to as the Israel of God are members of the Body of Christ, where there is no distinction between the Jew and the Gentile?

Jerry Shugart

To Jerry:
That is how a person is a Jew, spiritually; there is no distinction between him and another on race and several other things.

So this prophecy is not speaking of the physical descendants of Israel?:

"And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing...In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (Zech.8:13,23).​

Do you think that the Jews who originally received this prophecy thought that the word "Jew" was in reference to anyone other than a physical descendant of Israel?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If you take that literally then we must believe that two separate and distinct Christians are being referred to. One group which belongs to the Body of Christ and another group which belongs to the Israel of God.

Do you not believe that those who are referred to as the Israel of God are members of the Body of Christ, where there is no distinction between the Jew and the Gentile?

No

Jerry Shugart

intojoy,

I asked you;

Here is your answer:

So you understand that those who make up the remnant mentioned at Romans 11:5 are members of the Body of Christ. And as Galatians 3:28 indicates there is no distinction between the Jewish believer and the Gentile believer.

Since there is no difference between the two how can the remnant make up Israel since being an Israelite screams out a distinction between the Jew and a Gentile?