What is "Faith alone ?"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Right and that perfect teacher has gifted some to be apostles , some prophets , some evangelists , and some pastors and teachers for the "PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS." Eph 4:11-12

If you are discerning Gods Word , you must be one of these gifted ones. Most are the saints being perfected by these gifted teachers.

You said,
"I speak what I have read in the Bible. I also follow whole context of the Bible."

Those are things one of the gifted ones do. I'm not picking on you Meshak , just making a point at your expense.

I try not to use Paul's word because I don't believe he is a good teacher and confuse the readers.

Paul also said he is a teacher, where Jesus says let no one call you a teacher because He is the teacher.

thank you for your kind word.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I try not to use Paul's word because I don't believe he is a good teacher and confuse the readers.

Paul also said he is a teacher, where Jesus says let no one call you a teacher because He is the teacher.

thank you for your kind word.

Paul is one of the best examples of a gifted teacher. His letters make up alot of the NT. I'm surprised you aren't drawn to his teachings.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
BTW, I have been paying attention to you because I sensed you are a sincere Christian.

I can tell your sincere also Meshak. That intuition you have towards me is something you should take advantage of sooner rather than later.

Jamie Gigliotti

I liked the last sentence the best.

In my understanding , when we surrender our lives to Him , it's not our life anymore. And thats the first thing God wants to know , is our surrender genuine? If it's not, because we make all the hundreds of daily decisions and showing God were still serving ourselves , the Salvation journey goes nowhere. If He deems our Faith genuine , He moves us into the testing ground or the parable of the sower , where 3 out of the 4 soils will fail.

So in your understanding you started out like you were trusting in His Words , rather than the real living person. But you kind of put yourself on the fence when you stated you trust Him with your life.

Only you and Jesus know if your 'Faith" or surrendered life is genuine. And it plays out by our decisions of who we are serving .

It's the start that people can't grasp , And then 3 out of the 4 He accepted to be tested in the parable of the sower ( their surrendered life) will fail. And because they had never had the Spirit of Christ yet ,they can try again as long as the Father continues to call them. If they have the Spirit of Chrsit at the start as nearly all the church world thinks , that would be it. those 3 that fail in the testing ground are done , can't be saved twice.

Faith alone that produces the fruit that comes with the presence of God as result of our trust and submission to Him personally. It us substantive.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faith alone that produces the fruit that comes with the presence of God as result of our trust and submission to Him personally. It us substantive.

When you say "faith alone" , i think you mean His Grace or work on Calvary . And we respond by surrendering our lives to Him , continually. Making daily decisions that support such surrender.

But that isn't what you mean , is it ?

Truster

When you say "faith alone" , i think you mean His Grace or work on Calvary . And we respond by surrendering our lives to Him , continually. Making daily decisions that support such surrender.

False doctrine that proves you have not been converted.

Jamie Gigliotti

"Faith alone" is not believing the reality of Christ's death and resurrection.

"Faith alone" involes the humble need in a person's heart for Christ (His forgiveness, love, His Spiritual presence, His empowerment, His wisdom, HIM) where then a person recognizes that need and embraces that need in true humility. It is dependence upon Christ in true humble worship; which then naturally correlates in what we do and say, as He comes through us.

Last edited:

Truster

"Faith alone" involes the humble need in a person's heart for Christ (His forgiveness, love, His Spiritual presence, His empowerment, His wisdom, HIM) where then a person recognizes that need and embraces that need in true humility. It is dependence upon Christ in true humble worship; which then naturally correlates in what we do in say, as He comes through us.

Non scriptural fantasy. "involves the humble need in a person's heart". Sinners are not humble.

What do you mean when you use the term heart?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

"Faith alone" involes the humble need in a person's heart for Christ (His forgiveness, love, His Spiritual presence, His empowerment, His wisdom, HIM) where then a person recognizes that need and embraces that need in true humility. It is dependence upon Christ in true humble worship; which then naturally correlates in what we do in say, as He comes through us.

Your understanding of "faith alone" is basically the fruit of having the Holy Spirit , not something we can do to be in Christ.

"Surrender" , cuts through all that, and allows God to mold the clay how He sees fit.

What is so difficult with accepting the fact that "true NT saving Faith" in the application of it is "A continual surrendering of our lives to Him?

Believing in Jesus for His promises somewhere down the road is not Faith , because if it were true Faith , it wouldn't be centered around what i'm getting for me. More specifically , how can i expect something for me at some point when i'm surrendering my life to Christ? That life isn't mine anymore .

And if my Faith is "believing in the goodies Jesus is going to bestow on me at some point , that is a business deal or some kind of vending machine Faith.

Why make it so difficult ? Surrender your life everyday and make decisions that show God we really are making a genuine surrender. Thats the "personal" relationship , just between Him and us , in secret. Any other explanation is not required unless we really don't want to make that surrender , for fear we can't serve ourselves anymore.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Non scriptural fantasy. "involves the humble need in a person's heart". Sinners are not humble.

Please don't derail my thread , theres only room for one Christ in this thread.

Please put me on your ignore list , i've done so with you. thanks

Jamie Gigliotti

1 Peter 5:5

"In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”"

Mat 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Jamie Gigliotti

Your understanding of "faith alone" is basically the fruit of having the Holy Spirit , not something we can do to be in Christ.

"Surrender" , cuts through all that, and allows God to mold the clay how He sees fit.

What is so difficult with accepting the fact that "true NT saving Faith" in the application of it is "A continual surrendering of our lives to Him?

Believing in Jesus for His promises somewhere down the road is not Faith , because if it were true Faith , it wouldn't be centered around what i'm getting for me. More specifically , how can i expect something for me at some point when i'm surrendering my life to Christ? That life isn't mine anymore .

And if my Faith is "believing in the goodies Jesus is going to bestow on me at some point , that is a business deal or some kind of vending machine Faith.

Why make it so difficult ? Surrender your life everyday and make decisions that show God we really are making a genuine surrender. Thats the "personal" relationship , just between Him and us , in secret. Any other explanation is not required unless we really don't want to make that surrender , for fear we can't serve ourselves anymore.

Your way seems to be a self effort instead of a self abandonment.

Truster

1 Peter 5:5

"In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”"

Mat 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I repeat. A sinner cannot be humble. It is a contradiction.

What do you mean by heart?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

What was your motivation for starting this thread?

It was obviously to teach a false gospel of works, but you hid your intent with a question.

You have been given answer to your question, but you persist in telling others they must ADD SOMETHING to faith . . "surrender" . . which is obtuse, at best.

Plus, you discourage faith as "belief" in the promises of God. You call them "goodies" and infer they are self-serving, and by so doing, you deny the Truth that answers your OP question.

I do not agree that my life is not mine anymore. Christ died so that I might inherit everlasting life, as the person He ordained me to be. This wrong "Exchanged Life" teaching is off track from the Gospel message of grace. Too mystical.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Your way seems to be a self effort instead of a self abandonment.

Only the ones traveling on a false path claim "faith and faithing" doesn't take any effort.

Are you saying "trusting" takes no effort , and "continual surrender" does take effort ?

Even if you are well into the salvation journey , you have the Spirit of Christ and the Mind of Christ , you still need to wake up each day and make a choice to deny self by the surrendering ,take up your cross , which is baring other peoples burdens , and follow Him , which is that personal relationship that He creates and maintains however He sees fit. So faith and faithing takes alot of effort , it just never adds up to a work that can nullify Christs work on the cross.

Maybe you could clarify.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What was your motivation for starting this thread?

It was obviously to teach a false gospel of works, but you hid your intent with a question.

You have been given answer to your question, but you persist in telling others they must ADD SOMETHING to faith . . "surrender" . . which is obtuse, at best.

Plus, you discourage faith as "belief" in the promises of God. You call them "goodies" and infer they are self-serving, and by so doing, you deny the Truth that answers your OP question.

I do not agree that my life is not mine anymore. Christ died so that I might inherit everlasting life, as the person He ordained me to be. This wrong "Exchanged Life" teaching is off track from the Gospel message of grace. Too mystical.

All you have is a mistranslated word to stand on. Because it's found in Gods Word you dig in like an Alabama tick. And i can sympathize with your state. But i've provided you with a mountain of evidence that you continually reject.

I could go a step further and tell you exactly what happens when true NT faith is fulfilled , but then you would do it just to get that part of it and that would no longer be a surrender but a business deal.

So if you don't tell me exactly why the definition of "pisteuo' in the Vines ( " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender " ) is wrong and can back it up, and fast , i'm gonna put you in the corn field with truster. AKA as the ignore list.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
All you have is a mistranslated word to stand on. Because it's found in Gods Word you dig in like an Alabama tick. And i can sympathize with your state. But i've provided you with a mountain of evidence that you continually reject.

I could go a step further and tell you exactly what happens when true NT faith is fulfilled , but then you would do it just to get that part of it and that would no longer be a surrender but a business deal.

So if you don't tell me exactly why the definition of "pisteuo' in the Vines ( " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender " ) is wrong and can back it up, and fast , i'm gonna put you in the corn field with truster. AKA as the ignore list.

I am telling you that one cannot form doctrine from Vine's. "Surrender" denotes a human work, which contradicts being justified by faith alone, as well as being sanctified by grace alone.

You are the one who will now be ignored . . by me . . for refusing to repent of teaching a false gospel of faith plus works.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
. . for refusing to repent of teaching a false gospel of faith plus works.

So you refuse to follow Jesus' teachings?

Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commands.

Keeping His commands is work, don't you agree?

Or you believe you don't have to love Jesus to be saved?

thanks.