Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truster

Paul didn't write Hebrews, nothing about that book even sounds like Paul.

The author of Hebrews was referring to Jesus having come to the lost sheep of Israel, and His ministry as High Priest. He was their "Apostle", just as Moses was.

Have you read Matthew Pooles introduction to hebrews?

popsthebuilder

Then the only thing that I can say is that I do not wish to read anymore judgmental advice from you anymore. We can end it at that.
You perceive things as judgemental when they aren't meant as such. I will not display favoritism for anyone.

I will steer clear from advising you I any way if that is what you would like.

I wish you the best and will attempt to keep in mind how we do hold the same things as true for the most part.

I'm not going to be judging anyone any? longer. But to rebuke isn't to judge, and to set aright is not to scatter about.

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

glorydaz

Heb. 4-10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

Own works being those of the wants of self (greed(want of attainment)).

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

I never ever said that good works or fruits are what save us. And would really appreciate it if you didn't insinuate such.

I wasn't insinuating anything. Stop jumping to conclusions.

I was correcting your comment to my post which claimed those works were "greed" etc. ....not so. I gave you a verse which shows we are not saved by our own works of righteousness.

ClimateSanity

You perceive things as judgemental when they aren't meant as such. I will not display favoritism for anyone.

I wish you the best and will attempt to keep in mind how we do hold the same things as true for the most part.

I'm not going to be judging anyone any? longer. But to rebuke isn't to judge, and to set aright is not to scatter about.

peace

She always says I'm insulting her. I'm making statements of fact concerning what she believes. I refuse to call good evil and evil good.

popsthebuilder

Heb. 4-10-11 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.​

I wasn't insinuating anything. Stop jumping to conclusions.

I was correcting your comment to my post which claimed those works were "greed" etc. ....not so. I gave you a verse which shows we are not saved by our own works of righteousness.
So working to enter into rest is equal to not working and being in rest?

Got it!

glorydaz

If you think that references continued knowing sin then that is your business I suppose.

What are you talking about?

You asked for a verse that shows all sin was forgiven...not just past sins. You've already discounted the verses I gave that clearly show that "past sins" referred to those committed before the cross.

Then I give you a verse that shows "all trespasses" are forgiven. Don't you believe that "ALL TRESPASSES" having been forgiven? The verse clearly says that. What do you think nailing those sins to the cross means? All sins were future when those sins were nailed to the cross....either those or past. All means all ....past and future....all sins.

Jesus died for the sins of the world, and you claim he only died for some? That is unbelief. :sigh:

popsthebuilder

What are you talking about?

You asked for a verse that shows all sin was forgiven...not just past sins. You've already discounted the verses I gave that clearly show that "past sins" referred to those committed before the cross.

Then I give you a verse that shows "all trespasses" are forgiven. Don't you believe that "ALL TRESPASSES" having been forgiven? The verse clearly says that. What do you think nailing those sins to the cross means? All sins were future when those sins were nailed to the cross....either those or past. All means all ....past and future....all sins.

Jesus died for the sins of the world, and you claim he only died for some? That is unbelief. :sigh:
No I do not claim that.

I claim that to practice knowing sin all while knowing sin has been paid for that you can walk in the Spirit is great error.

I know that GOD is merciful and long suffering, but that simply does not mean we can knowingly disregard the work and example of the Christ.

peace

Truster

No I do not claim that.

I claim that to practice knowing sin all while knowing sin has been paid for that you can walk in the Spirit is great error.

I know that GOD is merciful and long suffering, but that simply does not mean we can knowingly disregard the work and example of the Christ.

peace

Would you mind if I sent you a PM?

glorydaz

Theodore Haak also gives a very convincing argument in his introduction to Hebrews.

I would suggest that it would be prudent to examine all avenues before making statements based on ...whatever.

Well, my statement wasn't really based on "....whatever". ;)

This argument has come up many times over the years and I've looked at it every time....heard both sides, and still remain convinced Paul did not write it. It's not his style, it's not consistent with his other letters, either.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

God's Truth

Paul didn't write Hebrews, nothing about that book even sounds like Paul.

The author of Hebrews was referring to Jesus having come to the lost sheep of Israel, and His ministry as High Priest. He was their "Apostle", just as Moses was.

You do not know that Paul did not write Hebrews. It sounds like Paul to me. Give me the scripture that says Moses was called an Apostle. Jesus is my Apostle and High Priest. The scripture calls Jesus an an Apostle and you went against that and called it a demotion. Jesus is the Savior of the world, so you cannot say that is what he is to you, as if that is not who he is to the Hebrews.
A High Priest takes care of sins. That is what Jesus does.

God's Truth

peace

Practice what you preach. I tried to help you and you refused. You did misjudge me and you would do well not to do that.You cannot rebuke that which is not wrong, you cannot set straight that which is not crooked. You have no right to advice on what you have no understanding about.

Status
Not open for further replies.