Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

Read it again. Paul does not say we are to "keep the commandments" which were written in stone...even calling them the ministration of death and condemnation. The law was given NOT to make men holy, NOT to justify man, and NOT to give life. Paul goes to quite some length to explain the purpose of the law. You should study up on that.

Why would Paul tell us to "keep" what Christ has fulfilled in us?

Romans 8:2-4 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Yes, I see a lot of man boasting of how well he keeps the law...what a wonderful thing it is to be so obedient, and how when we try we can succeed.

Not by works of righteousness....but according to His mercy.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​
Why did Jesus say to the rich young ruler, that if he obeyed the commandments he would live?

The difference is that once we are born of God, then we will have his laws written in our hearts and in our minds and we are taught by the Spirit from within teaching and guiding us and showing us our own sins, and if we have true faith and we turn to God and submit to his will, then we will receive the strength to overcome.

We can't just say "i believe" and then live our lives as we please thinking we are eternally saved, that's not the truth. Those who are truly saved are those who are overcoming their flesh and others will see the life of Christ in them.

Truster

Why did Jesus say to the rich young ruler, that if he obeyed the commandments he would live?

The difference is that once we are born of God, then we will have his laws written in our hearts and in our minds and we are taught by the Spirit from within teaching and guiding us and showing us our own sins, and if we have true faith and we turn to God and submit to his will, then we will receive the strength to overcome.

We can't just say "i believe" and then live our lives as we please thinking we are eternally saved, that's not the truth. Those who are truly saved are those who are overcoming their flesh and others will see the life of Christ in them.

Because nobody can keep the commandments and live. He wanted the young man to try and when he had tried and failed he would have been ripe for salvation. Anyone who thinks they are keeping the law is deluded and under wrath.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think you'll find that it is the scriptures that call men wicked.

The wicked are not wicked because they perform wicked acts. They perform wicked acts because they are wicked.

Following Jesus without having been saved is just a form of religion and is in itself wickedness.

There are many instances in the Bible where the Almighty professed His anger at being served.

Please don't think my aim is to offend. My aim is purely to warn people and wake them up. It doesn't call for nice and pleasant words it calls for forthrightness and pure unadulterated truth. People get offended with what I say, but Paul used the same language.

He called certain people haters of God (Romans 1:30), fools (1 Corinthians 15:36) accursed (Galatians 1:8-9), dogs (Philippians 3:2), liars (1 Timothy 1:10) and bastards (Hebrews 12:8 KJV)

People being offended and hatred didn't prevent Paul and that's good enough for me as well.

So why are you not wicked?

glorydaz

Why can't you see that it's God in Christ, not that Christ is God? Paul even said that the head of Christ is God!

Nowhere does it say in the Bible that i must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. But that i must believe that Jesus is the son of God and believe in the gospel. A gospel that you reject as not being for you saying that it's only for the Jews! No it isn't, the gospel that Jesus preached is for all of us!

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.​

You can't claim to believe unless you know WHO it is you claim to believe in.

2 Timothy 1:11-13
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.​

Was God lying when He said He was the ONLY SAVIOUR? Or did He come and dwell among us in the flesh? You need to know whom you claim to believe.

2 Tim. 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

marhig

Because nobody can keep the commandments and live. He wanted the young man to try and when he had tried and failed he would have been ripe for salvation. Anyone who thinks they are keeping the law is delude and under wrath.

Really? So what happened to the prophets like Moses and Isaiah?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's true, but we still have to make choices daily, turn from sin and obey God, or not, if we don't turn from wilfully sinning, then we are workers of iniquity!

they don't know what will of God is. But pretend they do.

You ask them what is will of God. I know they don't know.

That's why they don't honor Jesus' teachings.

marhig

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.​

You can't claim to believe unless you know WHO it is you claim to believe in.

2 Timothy 1:11-13
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.​

Was God lying when He said He was the ONLY SAVIOUR? Or did He come and dwell among us in the flesh? You need to know whom you claim to believe.

2 Tim. 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​
God manifest in flesh doesn't mean that Jesus is God, it means exactly what it says, that God was manifest in flesh, and he was made manifest through Christ. It says in the Bible that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

Why did Paul say that the head of Christ is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.