They Made Me Gay

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If one identical twin is homosexual, there is a small but statistically significantly greater chance that their twin is also homosexual, as compared with the general population.
If one identical twin is black, there is a 100% chance their twin is also black.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If one identical twin is homosexual, there is a small but statistically significantly greater chance that their twin is also homosexual, as compared with the general population.
If one identical twin is black, there is a 100% chance their twin is also black.

Could it be possible that both twins have the same parents/guardians and the same social circumstances growing up which accounts for that small chance?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Could it be possible that both twins have the same parents/guardians and the same social circumstances growing up which accounts for that small chance?
Well of course. There are statistical ways to account for such possibilities, and the best analysts do account for as many of them as is reasonably possible. :) Studies show there may be a genetic predisposition to become homosexual, which accounts for very little of whatever the entire underlying cause is, but being black is 100% genetic.

marhig

Sounds like you don't like being attacked, judged and condemned.

No they don't. As Duke said, he is just following the word of God.

Being attacked I can cope with, and only God can condemn me, not you! And if Duke (whoever he is) was truly following God and keeping God's word, he wouldn't care about the colour of another's skin, and he would know that it's the heart that matters to God. And nowhere in the Bible are we told that it is wrong to have different coloured skin. But we are told that it is wrong to commit gay acts!

MrDante

The chance isn't that small as these things go. if monozygotic twin A is homosexual than twin B has a 54% chance of also being homosexual. This rate remains the same even in twins raised sperarately. This is one of the highest correspondent rates of genetically influenced traits that we known, only eye color, blood type and a couple others have a higher corespondent in monozygotic twins. The corespondent rate for left/right handedness is identical twins is only 21%.

BTW identical twins don't always have a 100% chance of the same skin color.
James-and-Daniel-Kelly-007.jpg

This is basic genetics that you should have picked up in school.

MrDante

Being attacked I can cope with, and only God can condemn me, not you!
Gays and lesbians all say the same thing when you start talking about filth.

And if Duke (whoever he is) was truly following God and keeping God's word, he wouldn't care about the colour of another's skin, and he would know that it's the heart that matters to God. And nowhere in the Bible are we told that it is wrong to have different coloured skin. But we are told that it is wrong to commit gay acts!

Generations of theologians and biblical scholars have said something different.

All that aside Duke and many many of his like insist they don't hate blacks or even that something is wrong with being black, they are just following the eternal word of God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The chance isn't that small as these things go. if monozygotic twin A is homosexual than twin B has a 54% chance of also being homosexual.
Wait a minute, so it's not 100% then? The way you're going on about this, you'd think the genetic case was a slam dunk. Oh well.
This rate remains the same even in twins raised sperarately. This is one of the highest correspondent rates of genetically influenced traits that we known, only eye color, blood type and a couple others have a higher corespondent in monozygotic twins. The corespondent rate for left/right handedness is identical twins is only 21%.

BTW identical twins don't always have a 100% chance of the same skin color.
James-and-Daniel-Kelly-007.jpg

This is basic genetics that you should have picked up in school.
So are you saying that it's 54% chance for both monozygotic twins to have the same skin color, less than 54%, or more like 99.9% chance then? You've almost got that straw, keep grasping at it.

MrDante

Wait a minute, so it's not 100% then? The way you're going on about this, you'd think the genetic case was a slam dunk. Oh well.
I'm gusseting you failed high school biology

So are you saying that it's 54% chance for both monozygotic twins to have the same skin color, less than 54%, or more like 99.9% chance then? You've almost got that straw, keep grasping at it.
Given your reading comprehension skills it is apparent that failed English as well. :dunce:

marhig

Gays and lesbians all say the same thing when you start talking about filth.

That's true, because only God knows their hearts, but I'm talking about the act being filthy, and it is it filthy to do that! But only God knows their hearts and he will judge them and us. I know God, and if i wilfully sin, then I'm worse then many!

And God will know who has heard the truth and accepted or rejected it.

Generations of theologians and biblical scholars have said something different.

All that aside Duke and many many of his like insist they don't hate blacks or even that something is wrong with being black, they are just following the eternal word of God.

Well, i can see in the old and new testaments where it says that it's wrong to commit gay acts, but I've never seen anywhere in the Bible where it says that it's wrong to be black, so i don't know how this racist man, can think that it is the eternal word of God? Because I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I'm gusseting you failed high school biology
I'd've never gusseted that you even went to high school.
Given your reading comprehension skills it is apparent that failed English as well. :dunce:
I think you meant "it is a parent that failed English," but I'm not sure whose. :think:

I'm calling you on the 54% figure you gave, I want to examine your source, so provide it.

MrDante

That's true, because only God knows their hearts, but I'm talking about the act being filthy, and it is it filthy to do that!
fall in love?

Well, i can see in the old and new testaments where it says that it's wrong to commit gay acts, but I've never seen anywhere in the Bible where it says that it's wrong to be black, so i don't know how this racist man, can think that it is the eternal word of God? Because I've never seen it anywhere in the Bible!
There are countless books and sermons on the subject.

MrDante

I'd've never gusseted that you even went to high school.

You don't need to provide evidence regarding your failing English grades.

I think you meant "it is a parent that failed English," but I'm not sure whose. :think:

apparent
əˈperənt/
adjective
clearly visible or understood; obvious.

I'm calling you on the 54% figure you gave, I want to examine your source, so provide it.

there is a thing called google...

Twin studies on sexual orientation has provided consistent results across the board. Here are some of them:
K. M. Kirk , J. M. Bailey , M. P. Dunne , & N. G. Martin (2000). Measurement models for sexual orientation in a community twin sample. Behavior Genetics,
N. Långström , Q. Rahman , E. Carlström , & P. Lichtenstein (2010). Genetic and environmental effects on same-sex sexual behavior: A population study of twins in Sweden.
A.R. Sanders et. Al. Genome-wide scan demonstrates significant linkage for male sexual
JM Bailey , MP Dunne , NG Martin (2000). Genetic and environmental influences on sexual orientation and its correlates in an Australian twin sample. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
KS Kendler , LM Thornton , SE Gilman , RC Kessler (2000). Sexual orientation in a U.S. national sample of twin and nontwin sibling pairs. American Journal of Psychiatry
K. M. Kirk , J. M. Bailey , M. P. Dunne , & N. G. Martin (2000). Measurement models for sexual orientation in a community twin sample. Behavior Genetics,
N. Långström , Q. Rahman , E. Carlström , & P. Lichtenstein (2010). Genetic and environmental effects on same-sex sexual behavior: A population study of twins in Sweden.
A.R. Sanders et. Al. Genome-wide scan demonstrates significant linkage for male sexual orientation (2014) J. of psych medicine
K Alanko , P Santtila , et. Al. (2010). Common genetic effects of gender atypical behavior in childhood and sexual orientation in adulthood: a study of Finnish twins. Archives of Sexual Behavior
JM Bailey , MP Dunne , NG Martin (2000). Genetic and environmental influences on sexual orientation and its correlates in an Australian twin sample. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
KS Kendler , LM Thornton , SE Gilman , RC Kessler (2000). Sexual orientation in a U.S. national sample of twin and nontwin sibling pairs. American Journal of Psychiatry

these and dozens of other studies draw the same conclusions with only minor variations to the figure of 54%

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You don't need to provide evidence regarding your failing English grades.
Well I'm still gusseting that you're not one to judge on that count.
Twin studies on sexual orientation has provided consistent results across the board. Here are some of them:
Spoiler

A.R. Sanders et. Al. Genome-wide scan demonstrates significant linkage for male sexual
A.R. Sanders et. Al. Genome-wide scan demonstrates significant linkage for male sexual orientation (2014) J. of psych medicine
K Alanko , P Santtila , et. Al. (2010). Common genetic effects of gender atypical behavior in childhood and sexual orientation in adulthood: a study of Finnish twins. Archives of Sexual Behavior

these and dozens of other studies draw the same conclusions with only minor variations to the figure of 54%
So what you're saying is that there is a 46% chance that if one twin is homosexual (a 3.8% chance of that happening), that the other won't be.
And the odds on when one twin is black, that the other one won't be? 0.1%
So it's 460 times more likely that if a twin is black that the other twin will also be black, than that if a twin is homosexual that the other one will also be homosexual. Correct? How's my English?

marhig

fall in love?

There are countless books and sermons on the subject.
Countless books and sermons on what? That it's wrong to be black?

I couldn't care less if there was a million books and sermons on it, it's wrong in God's eyes to be a racist. and i have never seen anything whatsoever in the Bible the says that we should judge a person by the colour of their skin!

But what is in the Bible is that it is wrong to commit gay acts. And no matter what you say, it's still there in both the old and new testament!

MrDante

So what you're saying is that there is a 46% chance that if one twin is homosexual (a 3.8% chance of that happening), that the other won't be.
And the odds on when one twin is black, that the other one won't be? 0.1%
So it's 460 times more likely that if a twin is black that the other twin will also be black, than that if a twin is homosexual that the other one will also be homosexual. Correct? How's my English?

your reading comprehension is is sub par at best but it's your abysmal reasoning skills that are really on display here.

MrDante

Countless books and sermons on what? That it's wrong to be black?
on God's negative view of racial equality.

I couldn't care less if there was a million books and sermons on it, it's wrong in God's eyes to be a racist.
just as many people know it is wrong in God's eyes to be a homophobe

and i have never seen anything whatsoever in the Bible the says that we should judge a person by the colour of their skin! But what is in the Bible is that it is wrong to commit gay acts. And no matter what you say, it's still there in both the old and new testament!
And racists agree with you and share your view that God objects to non-whites acting as social and moral equals to whites. Like you, they hate the sin but love the sinner.

Last edited:

MrDante

Go ahead and point out the error then.

Start with:
So what you're saying is...

What I said was "Twin studies on sexual orientation has provided consistent results across the board."

I also can't help but notice that you din't seem at all interested in examining these studies even though you demanded references.