Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

What Jesus preached before the cross, He accomplished for believers on the cross.

Yes, I realize you don't know what Paul taught, or you'd have looked at the context of those verses and wouldn't have used them for a proof text.

The verses following the one you took out of context explain it. That "form of doctrine" Paul is talking about is the Gospel and the righteousness of faith.

Romans 6:17-18 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.​

Romans 6:6-7 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.​

You did the same with the verse you took out of context from chapter 8. You look at what's written as a man still in the flesh....which is why you see they apply to you. You are trying to put off that old man of the flesh by your own efforts.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.​

Believers have been crucified with Christ, and you keep trying to crucify yourself. All workers are doing the same.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.​
If you were crucified with Christ, then you would be turning from the lusts of your flesh and living by the will of God.

It is you who doesn't understand what those scriptures mean!

God's Truth

Works, works, works.

You always insist on setting conditions that man must adhere to before the Eternal Almighty can act. You have reduced Him to be a subject of and reliant upon the whims of man.

God's words are powerful and mighty.

What are you doing if you are not obeying?

God's Truth

Once again you butt into something that doesn't concern you. Just so you can tell me how horrible I am. The fact is that God's unTruth demanded I respond with proof of how I have attempted to teach her. She even quotes the verse that says I am to instruct her to love her children. I did that, and in so doing, I reminded her of how I did it.

I would suggest you try reading what you write yourself, instead of being a busy body.

I never told you to teach me, nor did I ask how you taught me. Go reread what I said. I asked you what you obey that God says. You are the one who will not say. You said it would be making a list and boasting. There is nothing that I would ever accept to learn from you.

Zeke

It was not some 'spiritual Israel' GOD made the promise to.
It was the real, literal, physical, earthly Israel that GOD chose as His people, led them out of the bondage of Egypt, made a covenant with, and led them into the promised land.

No it wasn't and there is no historic record that it did. Galatians 4:24 tells you how to interpret that scripture which is an allegory.

God's Truth

You butt in to many posts that don't concern you! And it's the way you say it, as if you're above others with your "I've tried to teach you but you don't listen" attitude. Especially as you're teaching a false gospel!

You are right, and, not only that, GD is not telling it straight, for I did not ever ask her to teach me anything, nor would I ever take advice from her.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Literalism robs you of the depths of the Word of God.
Spiritualism robs you of the depths of the Word of GOD.

And as usual, your statement is irrelevant to the point I made about his error of the elect only being a few.

Even if you do want to say the promise was made to a 'spiritual' Israel, the point I made remains ------- the elect Israel was promised to be as numerous as the sands of the seashores.
That's NOT a few.

glorydaz

You butt in to many posts that don't concern you! And it's the way you say it, as if you're above others with your "I've tried to teach you but you don't listen" attitude. Especially as you're teaching a false gospel!

Oh, it's the way I say it....but the way you say it is so much better.

Yeah, I can see that. :chuckle:

God's Truth

Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Those scriptures are about not having to do the purification/ceremonial works just to go to the temple to worship God, that is where His Spirit was. Now we only have to have faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of. Paul was not saying not of obedience. In fact, Peter says people misunderstand Paul, and then Peter warns us to obey. See 2 Peter 3:16, 17. James must have also heard how people misunderstand Paul about not of by works, because James says don't be foolish, and then he explains to us that faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eph. 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This is just pitiful to watch so many of them have so little trust and assurance of what our risen Lord God and Savior did for us ----- which was EVERYTHING needed for our salvation.
As if the perfect obedience and righteousness of our risen Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ was not enough to fill the scales, so GOD wants man to make up the difference for what Christ's deeds lacked for our salvation so the scales can become full enough. And hopefully they can rack up enough 'good works' to fully make up for what Christ's deeds lacked. It would be a real downer to try and do enough, but then find out you lacked 1 or 2 more 'good works' to fill it.

I mean, that's just what GOD needs, isn't it? ---- a bunch of sinners trying to make up for what GOD didn't get done.

:doh:

The arrogance of the created to the Creator can blacken the heart and mind.

ClimateSanity

No, we have a choice daily, live by the will of God or not. We have free will, we are not predestined robots, saved regardless of how we live!
Our hearts are changed. Whatever we do is right because we have the mind of Christ. We can still fail though but we never do it willfully.

God's Truth

He never said he wasn't obeying.

Are you kidding? He just mocked another who obeys by saying "works, works, works."

He then gave some strange doctrine about how obeying God puts limits on God.

Works, works, works.

You always insist on setting conditions that man must adhere to before the Eternal Almighty can act. You have reduced Him to be a subject of and reliant upon the whims of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.