What is "Faith alone ?"

Faither

BANNED
Banned
faith only

Gen 15:5 And he brought him outside and said, "Look toward heaven, and number the stars, if you are able to number them." Then he said to him, "So shall your offspring be."
Gen 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Gal 3:6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?
Gal 3:7 Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”
Gal 3:9 So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

giphy.gif

If you were using the word "faith" with the correct understanding you would get my attention.

Salvation is by "Grace" through "Faith". So thats two different mandatory things that must be fulfilled.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You deny saving faith, fella . . .

Which is totally monergistic.

If i held the Greek definition of saving Faith in front of you to read yourself , would you still tell me i'm denying it ?

At least when you stand before Christ and legitimately say , " but it was a mistranslation". He and you will both instantly know you had been shown the truth and you rejected it. "the watchman"

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I started a thread on my experience of salvation and it was deleted.

Really , now i got to hear it. Lol

Truster , i'm towards the end of my journey here on earth. And one of the things i hold dear is my understanding of the Salvation process. I have it written in detail.

In the Salvation process , there are certain happenings that must occur.

Example : Nang and most of the church world understand that the Holy Spirit or being in Christ happens the moment you "believe". The problem with that is that if thats true , 3 out of 4 people that happens to would fail when they go through what Christ called the parable of the sower. The parable of the sower is something Jesus told us is happening to His called out ones.

So if you want to have a serious discussion about the process or journey , i'm your guy.

Truster

Truster , i'm towards the end of my journey here on earth. And one of the things i hold dear is my understanding of the Salvation process. I have it written in detail.

Example : Nang and most of the church world understand that the Holy Spirit or being in Christ happens the moment you "believe". The problem with that is that if thats true , 3 out of 4 people that happens to would fail when they go through what Christ called the parable of the sower. The parable of the sower is something Jesus told us is happening to His called out ones.

So if you want to have a serious discussion about the process or journey , i'm your guy.

We can't have a serious discussion because some know all always interrupts. This point has already been proven.

Truster

PS I don't participate in discussions because truth is to be accepted, received and not discussed or argued about. If you have questions I will answer them, but I will not discuss the truth. I'll most certainly rejoice in the truth as I witness its work, but that's it. Let me know.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

To clarify:

I do not believe any sinner believes until they are regenerated and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, who gifts that sinner with the faith to believe and grants them repentance.

Nang

Faither

BANNED
Banned
To clarify:

I do not believe any sinner believes until they are regenerated and indwelt with the Holy Spirit, who gifts that sinner with the faith to believe and grants them repentance.

Nang

So what "exactly" is it that we do according to your understanding ?

And you never followed up on where the parable of the sower fits in. If you don't , i'll take that as your just playing games.

Jamie Gigliotti

How and what are you trusting Him ?

I'm guessing you meant, how am I trusting Him and what am I trusting Him with.

I am trusting that He said and did; everything written about Him in the Bible. I'm trusting that without His payment for me I would never be able to share in His love and intimacy with Him, Our Father, the Spirit. I am trusting that I need to turn away from all sin in increasing measure and more unity with THEM, not by my power but by trusting and recognizing that apart from Him I can do nothing and that the only thing I can do is lose myself, surrender myself to Their glorious love and mercy, and power, and joy desiring to make David's words ring true in me, in my heart. "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want" for nothing but Him. I trust that He will judge the secrets of my heart and I must press on to perfection as Paul states by trusting the truth of Who He is and what He desires for me.

I trust Him with my life, my future, my destiny, and my family's life, future and destiny, until they are of age and must decide for themselves whom they will trust and serve.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So what "exactly" is it that we do according to your understanding ?

A regenerated soul will evidence the presence of the Holy Spirit and bear His spiritual fruit in their new lives. Galatians 5:22-26; Luke 6:45; I John 2:5, 3:24

And you never followed up on where the parable of the sower fits in. If you don't , i'll take that as your just playing games.

Apparently I missed this challenge (to me?) Can you link to that post?

However, in respect to your first question here, the above answer is found in the parable, in Luke 8:15. The "good ground" alone defines regenerated souls.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I'm guessing you meant, how am I trusting Him and what am I trusting Him with.

I am trusting that He said and did; everything written about Him in the Bible. I'm trusting that without His payment for me I would never be able to share in His love and intimacy with Him, Our Father, the Spirit. I am trusting that I need to turn away from all sin in increasing measure and more unity with THEM, not by my power but by trusting and recognizing that apart from Him I can do nothing and that the only thing I can do is lose myself, surrender myself to Their glorious love and mercy, and power, and joy desiring to make David's words ring true in me, in my heart. "The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want" for nothing but Him. I trust that He will judge the secrets of my heart and I must press on to perfection as Paul states by trusting the truth of Who He is and what He desires for me.

I trust Him with my life, my future, my destiny, and my family's life, future and destiny, until they are of age and must decide for themselves whom they will trust and serve.

I liked the last sentence the best.

In my understanding , when we surrender our lives to Him , it's not our life anymore. And thats the first thing God wants to know , is our surrender genuine? If it's not, because we make all the hundreds of daily decisions and showing God were still serving ourselves , the Salvation journey goes nowhere. If He deems our Faith genuine , He moves us into the testing ground or the parable of the sower , where 3 out of the 4 soils will fail.

So in your understanding you started out like you were trusting in His Words , rather than the real living person. But you kind of put yourself on the fence when you stated you trust Him with your life.

Only you and Jesus know if your 'Faith" or surrendered life is genuine. And it plays out by our decisions of who we are serving .

It's the start that people can't grasp , And then 3 out of the 4 He accepted to be tested in the parable of the sower ( their surrendered life) will fail. And because they had never had the Spirit of Christ yet ,they can try again as long as the Father continues to call them. If they have the Spirit of Chrsit at the start as nearly all the church world thinks , that would be it. those 3 that fail in the testing ground are done , can't be saved twice.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I liked the last sentence the best.

In my understanding , when we surrender our lives to Him , it's not our life anymore. And thats the first thing God wants to know , is our surrender genuine? If it's not, because we make all the hundreds of daily decisions and showing God were still serving ourselves , the Salvation journey goes nowhere. If He deems our Faith genuine , He moves us into the testing ground or the parable of the sower , where 3 out of the 4 soils will fail.

So in your understanding you started out like you were trusting in His Words , rather than the real living person. But you kind of put yourself on the fence when you stated you trust Him with your life.

Only you and Jesus know if your 'Faith" or surrendered life is genuine. And it plays out by our decisions of who we are serving .

It's the start that people can't grasp , And then 3 out of the 4 He accepted to be tested in the parable of the sower ( their surrendered life) will fail. And because they had never had the Spirit of Christ yet ,they can try again as long as the Father continues to call them. If they have the Spirit of Chrsit at the start as nearly all the church world thinks , that would be it. those 3 that fail in the testing ground are done , can't be saved twice.

You are touching upon "The Exchanged Life" theology, that does not stand biblical scrutiny.

Jesus Christ died for His children. His children remain His people, and live the new spiritual life provided for them, as His church. The new spiritual life we live, is His life abiding in us . . . but we are promised everlasting life in Him as our own persons.

The Incarnate Christ never gave up His deity to became Man; nor is mankind ever changed into deity. Even in glory in the heavenly Kingdom, we remain His creatures, and serve Him as our God.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
PS I don't participate in discussions because truth is to be accepted, received and not discussed or argued about. If you have questions I will answer them, but I will not discuss the truth. I'll most certainly rejoice in the truth as I witness its work, but that's it. Let me know.

True , I've never had any success discussing the truth.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You are touching upon "The Exchanged Life" theology, that does not stand biblical scrutiny.

Jesus Christ died for His children. His children remain His people, and live the new spiritual life provided for them, as His church. The new spiritual life we live, is His life abiding in us . . . but we are promised everlasting life in Him as our own persons.

The Incarnate Christ never gave up His deity to became Man; nor is mankind ever changed into deity. Even in glory in the heavenly Kingdom, we remain His creatures, and serve Him as our God.

You can keep trying to put me in one of your isms or ists , i promise you , i won't fit.

Truster

True , I've never had any success discussing the truth.

Truth must first be known. Then experienced and contemplated on. A degree of meditation is necessary so that it "sinks in" only then should it be spoken or written about. The problem today is everything is fast and knowledge is appreciated far more than understanding. Unfortunately the knowledge is shallow. I posted absolute truth on this site and sometimes I can count down the seconds before the first reply arrives. Its normally an abusive remark rather than a recognition of the truth.

Paul only wrote about what he preached. He only preached what he'd learnt from either direct revelation or by personal experience and the scriptures. Paul knew the scriptures and in him the word richly dwelt. On here people don't even recognise the scriptures and demand chapter and verse.600 years ago there was no chapter and verse. The shallowness of scripture recognition, understanding and doctrine is frightening.

There are so many translations available and people have their "favorite". They normally say that it is easier to understand and in saying so they condemn themselves. They have said they understand and so they are without excuse for not committing themselves to follow in the truth.

I'm beginning to ramble.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Truth must first be known. Then experienced and contemplated on. A degree of meditation is necessary so that it "sinks in" only then should it be spoken or written about. The problem today is everything is fast and knowledge is appreciated far more than understanding. Unfortunately the knowledge is shallow. I posted absolute truth on this site and sometimes I can count down the seconds before the first reply arrives. Its normally an abusive remark rather than a recognition of the truth.

Paul only wrote about what he preached. He only preached what he'd learnt from either direct revelation or by personal experience and the scriptures. Paul knew the scriptures and in him the word richly dwelt. On here people don't even recognise the scriptures and demand chapter and verse.600 years ago there was no chapter and verse. The shallowness of scripture recognition, understanding and doctrine is frightening.

There are so many translations available and people have their "favorite". They normally say that it is easier to understand and in saying so they condemn themselves. They have said they understand and so they are without excuse for not committing themselves to follow in the truth.

I'm beginning to ramble.

I agree with this assessment. I only ask reference when I am not sure of or doubt their sincerity.

Yes, I get attacked all the time because I don't quote the reference. I quote only in my OPs.

I speak what I have read in the Bible. I also follow whole context of the Bible.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I agree with this assessment. I only ask reference when I am not sure of or doubt their sincerity.

Yes, I get attacked all the time because I don't quote the reference. I quote only in my OPs.

I speak what I have read in the Bible. I also follow whole context of the Bible.

Are you a gifted teacher?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Nope, I only express my faith to the world.

I am not knowledgeable and eloquent.

I only spread what Jesus says.

He is the perfect teacher.

Right and that perfect teacher has gifted some to be apostles , some prophets , some evangelists , and some pastors and teachers for the "PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS." Eph 4:11-12

If you are discerning Gods Word , you must be one of these gifted ones. Most are the saints being perfected by these gifted teachers.

You said,
"I speak what I have read in the Bible. I also follow whole context of the Bible."

Those are things one of the gifted ones do. I'm not picking on you Meshak , just making a point at your expense.