Thread: Where did God come from?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendergood View Post
    Primarily because they don't agree with what the Bible says.
    Actually, the Bible does not conflict with these things, per se. Most traditional Christians uncritically embrace them without understanding the issues.

As an Open Theist, I may dispute the logic and science. I disagree with timelessness/eternal now and favor endless duration of time for God. I imagine many or most Christian scientists embrace Einstein. I agree with some of the theories, but others are not without problems. They are speculative and not always defensible. The simple biblical revelation also reflects reality, so things like blurring distinctions between past/present/future, etc. are logical and biblical problems for some of us.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Being is an eternal now; would be one located in time, God is the Creator of all the universe and time is a dimension in the universe. God created time unless you believe 'the big bang' created time. If you hold time as something outside God and not under His control, you make time a greater god, even if time is not self-conscious.

Huh? You are begging the question. Eternal now is a speculative, philosophical, Platonic, Augustinian concept, not an explicitly biblical nor necessary one.

Time is a concept, a measure of duration/succession/sequence. It is not a created thing (wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions). It is not a dimension, so don't confuse time and space. Time is more fundamental than space and is uncreated.

Time can be endless, uncreated. The big bang nor God created it since it is not a 'thing' (can you see, touch, feel, smell, taste, hear it?).

Time is not spatial. God is not outside of it nor is it outside of Him. It is an aspect of His personal experience since one cannot think, act, feel apart from duration (time). Time is not a god, nor is love a god. Love is also not a created thing, but co-eternal with a personal God. Time is not a limitation for God like it is for us. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, eternal, unlike us. It is a limitation for us though (we are finite, have limited time, limited power, limited presence, etc.).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,144 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb God is Absolute. 'Time' is Relative.......

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    I disagree with timelessness/eternal now and favor endless duration of time for God.
    Yes,....we know your views and have taken it on elsewhere

'God's' Existence is all-pervading, including both 'time' and 'eternity' perspectives,...since He is the subsuming Reality behind all space/time dimensions. - therefore I have no problem in seeing 'God' as 'timeless' in nature (essence of Being), and the obvious fact that God is ever 'eternally NOW',...abiding as Omnipresence. 'God' is the 'Presence' in which all conditional life and dimensionality appears in space/time perception. All time and eternity exists in 'God', so that God is both timeless (in essence) and 'durational' (in movement), and is not necessarily one or the other...but both within proper context.

We've covered this in depth in our God and Time thread.

We again consider the question of the thread-title,...and see that 'God' has no 'beginning' or 'end',....but all beginnings and endings transpire in the eternity of 'God'. 'God' as Absolute Reality is Pure Unconditional Existence....which is not conditioned or qualified by any space or time as we know it. Time is relative only to movement and relativity in mind or matter in the phenomenal world.

Absolute Being is timeless/eternally NOW...forever - time referentials only deal with the relative perceptions of conditional dimensions.

pj

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac_guy View Post
    So we get that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

How did God come to be "In the beginning"?

I love this topic, and I love to argue.

Where did God “COME”, “FROM”? - That’s the wrong question in the first place. The only way that can be questioned, is “HOW” was God before the beginning, seeing that there could not be an “anywhere” other than God in himself. God in the Spirit of his mind. - There is no sign of what will be the Son yet before the beginning, which will be the WORD with God. The Word only appears “IN” the Beginning, not before the beginning.
    Before the beginning, there was only a Rest of God, and in that Rest, in the mind of God there was a Dream. God dreamed a dream, and at the end of the dream, the terrible violence awakened God, and God said in himself, I will interpret the dream. – “And the Word was with God” and said, - “In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth, and the Earth was without form, and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep”. – Read the rest in the Holy Scriptures, the entire interpretation of God’s dream.

God’s rest was interrupted with time, from the beginning to the end. After the time, we have the “Rest” of God continued. We may enter into God’s Rest which is now the Dream interpreted and fulfilled in Christ. Seek to enter into his Rest.
    Now wasn’t that simple?

Anyone can say, that is not so, but find a single word in the Scriptures that contradicts with that; “contradicts with it”, not just talks around a disbelief.
    Peace.

Paul – 100309
    Last edited by Letsargue; October 3rd, 2009 at 06:39 PM.
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Infinite Intelligence forms all things

Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post

Before the beginning, there was only a Rest of God, and in that Rest, in the mind of God there was a Dream. God dreamed a dream, and at the end of the dream, the terrible violence awakened God, and God said in himself, I will interpret the dream. – “And the Word was with God” and said, - “In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth, and the Earth was without form, and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep”. – Read the rest in the Holy Scriptures, the entire interpretation of God’s dream.

God’s rest was interrupted with time, from the beginning to the end. After the time, we have the “Rest” of God continued. We may enter into God’s Rest which is now the Dream interrupted and fulfilled in Christ. Seek to inter into his Rest.
    Now wasn’t that simple?

Paul – 100309

Indeed, the dream arises in God and ends in God,...for no matter what arises or is defined/formed in space/time, God ever remains the Eternal Mind and Spirit-Reality from which all creation emerges...the One Infinity.

pj

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Indeed, the dream arises in God and ends in God,...for no matter what arises or is defined/formed in space/time, God ever remains the Eternal Mind and Spirit-Reality from which all creation emerges...the One Infinity.

pj

For sure; I think that can be said this way also. - John 1:3 KJV – “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made”. - It’s all there, however it is.
    Peace.

Paul – 100309

Thanks
    Thanked 5,696 Times in 4,057 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    Huh? You are begging the question. Eternal now is a speculative, philosophical, Platonic, Augustinian concept, not an explicitly biblical nor necessary one.

Time is a concept, a measure of duration/succession/sequence. It is not a created thing (wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions). It is not a dimension, so don't confuse time and space. Time is more fundamental than space and is uncreated.

Time can be endless, uncreated. The big bang nor God created it since it is not a 'thing' (can you see, touch, feel, smell, taste, hear it?).

Time is not spatial. God is not outside of it nor is it outside of Him. It is an aspect of His personal experience since one cannot think, act, feel apart from duration (time). Time is not a god, nor is love a god. Love is also not a created thing, but co-eternal with a personal God. Time is not a limitation for God like it is for us. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, eternal, unlike us. It is a limitation for us though (we are finite, have limited time, limited power, limited presence, etc.).
    All you need to accept is that my view is not changeable by anything you say about the nature of God. I leave you to your own views, I do not pick on you, as many seem to and I think it is best that you respect that what I believe is held as true by many Christians and I would rather you argue with them.

I believe God created the universe and time is a dimension in the universe, if you care to disagree, fine, just consider that you fight with enough persons here; you do not need to fight with me, as that is all it would be because I believe, without the smallest bit of doubt.

And please do not post a negative response to this, if you do, I will be very angry at you!
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you be angry if I suggested that there is no biblical evidence that time is a dimension? Time is not space, but more fundamental than it. It is simply the measure of duration/sequence/succession.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    All you need to accept is that my view is not changeable by anything you say about the nature of God. I leave you to your own views, I do not pick on you, as many seem to and I think it is best that you respect that what I believe is held as true by many Christians and I would rather you argue with them.

I believe God created the universe and time is a dimension in the universe, if you care to disagree, fine, just consider that you fight with enough persons here; you do not need to fight with me, as that is all it would be because I believe, without the smallest bit of doubt.

And please do not post a negative response to this, if you do, I will be very angry at you!

Ephesians 3:18-19 KJV – “Be ABLE TO COMPREHEND with all saints WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH , AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT”.

The Lord knows there are “FOUR” dimensions of himself. Time is obviously being included in the measurements of the Creation as it WAS created by God. “Besides the four dimensions or the Creation, he added to those, “LOVE and KNOWLEDGE”. - #19 – “And to know the “LOVE” of Christ, which passeth “KNOWLEDGE”, that ye might be filled with ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD”.
    There is no time before the beginning and after the end, just God's "REST", and eternity without time.
    Peace.

Paul – 100409

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealeaf View Post
    The sense of humor is the first thing to go.
    I thought the bladder was.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elohiym View Post
    I thought the bladder was.
    Woe, BPH.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb resonating all frequencies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    Ephesians 3:18-19 KJV – “Be ABLE TO COMPREHEND with all saints WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH , AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT”.

The Lord knows there are “FOUR” dimensions of himself. Time is obviously being included in the measurements of the Creation as it WAS created by God. “Besides the four dimensions or the Creation, he added to those, “LOVE and KNOWLEDGE”. - #19 – “And to know the “LOVE” of Christ, which passeth “KNOWLEDGE”, that ye might be filled with ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD”.
    There is no time before the beginning and after the end, just God's "REST", and eternity without time.
    Peace.

Paul – 100409
    All dimensions appear to arise or exist within the Infinity of God, which is dimensionless So, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th dimenisonal zones on outwards are dimensions of space/light/energy on a relative scale, like light-frequencies,....these octaves carry on to infinity. Only in 'relativity' does space/time perception exist at all. We may view 'God' in His eternal Being and Stillness at the center of all things, like the hub within a wheel (the Nucleus of the atomic Universe) as being without space or time, these 'artifacts' only coming into perception within the movements of space extending outwards in the evolutional cycles of Creation. Wonderful isnt it?

In more liberal circles,...we are resonating in this present matterial realm at 3rd density (3-D),...but in the etheric realm are hovering between 4th and 5th densities...soon to be graduating into these higher frequencies of consciousness (being fully manifested) as we spiritually ascend moving closing to the New Era or 'new creation state' when our planet (Mother Gaia) and the sons of God ascend together in our next evolutional shift. Exciting times are ahead of us!

pj

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eveningsky339 View Post
    God created time. Where there is no time, there is no beginning. Simple quantum physics. :P

By definition, God didn't come from anywhere. He is Logos.

God is not a quantified or qualified by quantum physics because he is not physical. He is spirit.

Time (things happening in sequence ) has always been. At one particular point in time God created the physical universe.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    All dimensions appear to arise or exist within the Infinity of God, which is dimensionless So, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th dimenisonal zones on outwards are dimensions of space/light/energy on a relative scale, like light-frequencies,....these octaves carry on to infinity. Only in 'relativity' does space/time perception exist at all. We may view 'God' in His eternal Being and Stillness at the center of all things, like the hub within a wheel (the Nucleus of the atomic Universe) as being without space or time, these 'artifacts' only coming into perception within the movements of space extending outwards in the evolutional cycles of Creation. Wonderful isnt it?

In more liberal circles,...we are resonating in this present matterial realm at 3rd density (3-D),...but in the etheric realm are hovering between 4th and 5th densities...soon to be graduating into these higher frequencies of consciousness (being fully manifested) as we spiritually ascend moving closing to the New Era or 'new creation state' when our planet (Mother Gaia) and the sons of God ascend together in our next evolutional shift. Exciting times are ahead of us!

pj

OOHH MYYY,
    I guess this will make you angry, but don’t, come back with a hammer or a good sword.

God speaks of the four dimensions of things, which describes himself with four dimensions. IF, Just “IF” we say that God has more or less dominations than four than he says himself, we say that God is “Demented”. Four dimensions don’t make God Demented. If you and I live in more or less than four, we would also be demented, Right?
    Peace.

Paul – 100709

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddevonb View Post
    God is not a quantified or qualified by quantum physics because he is not physical. He is spirit.

Time (things happening in sequence ) has always been. At one particular point in time God created the physical universe.

Time started with the first event compared with the second event. Time will end with the very last event. The single motion of an atom is made up of millions of events.
    Peace.

Paul – 100709

Thread Information