Thanked 13,214 Times in 10,099 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
    God was then he made the beginning.

God is outside and beyond time, he is eterenal. The way you phrase the suggestion suggest God is inside and subject to time. Thats not the way i understand it.

God was and then time and space happened.
    Scripture please...

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone66 View Post
    I haven't been proven wrong yet.
    You will be, one way or the other.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 788 Posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
    If you don't want your beliefs to be made fun of, don't choose such silly ones.
    Then why do you choose such a silly one. I am not the one who can look around you and witness the shear magnitude of creation with such disdain to make the claim we came from nothing.

Dork
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,605 Times in 2,059 Posts

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    I am not the one who can look around you and witness the shear magnitude of creation with such disdain to make the claim we came from nothing.
    How is that any different than claiming God came from nothing?
    Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies,
    their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such,
    for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.
    Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone66 View Post
    The same place fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings came from.
    Fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings come from God, through the imagination of His creation.

You can thank the LORD for Chewbacca.
    "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    Time is not a created thing. God experiences endless duration/sequence/succession (time) as He is from everlasting to everlasting, eternal, no beginning, no end. He is not timeless. "Eternal now" is a Platonic/Augustinian concept, not a biblical one.
    Ok I think I get what you saying, but its close to a how mnay needles can sit on the head of a needle distinction. Y

You wouldnt have na issue with God is not bound by time ?

here is the question though does God encounter time or does time encounter God?

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Scripture please...
    Try both the 'in the beginnings', they place God before time.
    Try every scripture that says God created all things, whihc must include time.
    look at the scriptures that reffre to god and the passing of time, which are not linear.

Im really too lazy to pander to your ignorance, go find your own scriptures.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elohiym View Post
    Fairies, elves, hobbits, vulcans, wookies and other made up beings come from God, through the imagination of His creation.

Rule #1: NEVER mess with a wookie. They've been known to rip men's arms off.
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the scriptures that reffre to god and the passing of time, which are not linear.

Look Manc, whether anything was around or not, whether God was around or not, there is still time. Say there was nothing ever created, time as you call it would still exist. Time is only a measurement we use, since God created created for us ways to tell time.
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    How is that any different than claiming God came from nothing?
    The difference is we literally have no way of knowing short of HIM telling us. And I could care less where HE came from, but only HE is here now.

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,214 Times in 10,099 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, the beginning of what? It does not say the beginning of time, anywhere. One must assume that it is referring to time, without any support, in order to conclude that it means time. It is circular reasoning at its worst.

And there is also nothing to indicate that time is a created thing. Or that it is even a thing. So, no, there is no "must" about including time.

And what verses refer to God and the passing of time are not linear?

FYI, I already know the verses. And I am not too lazy to allow you to remain ignorant. If anyone walks away from this it will be you.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elohiym View Post

Man has creative ability. George Lucas, not God, is the one to thank. We thank God for life and ability. We do not thank him for evil that man creates nor is He directly responsible for secular man's creative acts. Adam gave names to the animals, not God.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I think I get what you saying, but its close to a how mnay needles can sit on the head of a needle distinction. Y

You wouldnt have na issue with God is not bound by time ?

here is the question though does God encounter time or does time encounter God?

There are two major theories about time: A and B theory. A theory relates to endless time (presentism), while B theory relates more to timelessness (eternalism). They are mutually exclusive views with only one being right. I think it is more than theoretical or academic, but has practical implications to God and creation.

Just because God experiences duration rather than simultaneity does not mean He is limited by time like we are. He is not bound by time, but it is an aspect of His personal experience.

I am not sure how to answer your last question.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a few proof texts, but godly philosophy is also required to sort this issue out.

The beginning refers to material creation and the start of our unique MEASURE of time (sun, moon, stars), not time itself (duration was experienced by the triune God before creation or creation is co-eternal with God). Did God create Alice in Wonderland? Your computer? Square circles or married bachelors? Time is not a created thing, but a concept. You cannot touch, see, feel, hear, smell time. It is a wrong assumption to think time is created or that it will cease to exist.

Scripture shows God experiencing endless time, having a history, creating, incarnating, returning in sequence, not in an 'eternal now' (whatever that could be). Time is unidirectional. The future is not yet. The potential future becomes the fixed past through the present, even for God (experiences divine temporality...from everlasting to everlasting Ps. 90:2; Rev. 1:4...tensed expressions about God).

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God created time. Where there is no time, there is no beginning. Simple quantum physics. :P

By definition, God didn't come from anywhere. He is Logos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Larry Hardiman

Thread Information