The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
3af6a49250f171bae6dd368f335503a6.jpg

I think I'm a stand at the next anti trump rally with this sign up just to start some trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

fool

Hall of Fame
I also know Hillary won the popular vote.
We didn't have a popular vote.

Both statements are true,
One of them is not. There's no track meet at a football game.
You can't track the times it took players to run 50 yards in the game (if any did) and say you have a winner of the 50 yard dash.
You didn't have a 50 yard dash.

under our system of government.
So you don't know what the result of that is.
I'll be saying this for at least four years.

"look at this feckless, ignorant, dangerous, impulsive, conflicted, Russia-problemed and often unintentionally funny-in-a-bad-way clown in the Oval Office."
Does he call people names as well?
I don't agree with Hillary on a number of things, but the insane way she's been vilified and built into this larger-than-life she-devil is truly a derangement syndrome of its own kind.

She was the output of the Clinton machine. They'll try Chelsea next, I'm surprised they didn't arrange a Senate seat for her, maybe 2018?

Hillary was just the face on a product. Sanders was real. Trump is real. Jeb! was the face on a product. Cruze was real, real creepy lookin.

drbrumley

The election of the President by pure popular vote totals would damage statehood.

Populated areas on both coasts would have increasing influence on national elections, to the detriment of less populated southern and western states. A candidate receiving a large percentage of the popular vote in California and New York could win a national election with very little support in dozens of other states! A popular vote system simply would intensify the populist pandering which already dominates national campaigns.

Thank you Ron

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We really did. They counted it state by state. It just didn't determine anything in sum. It only mattered in bits and pieces.

I'll be saying this for at least four years.
People say all sorts of crazy things for longer than that. I know a guy who has been going on and on about contrails for longer than that.

Does he call people names as well?
Sure. Ask Rosie.

Hillary was just the face on a product.
What do you mean by that? If you're implying she was packaged, however badly, almost every politician is a product in that sense and has been during the television era of politics. Much of it was and is always complete hooey.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It looks as if imminent war with North Korea is on the horizon. Thank God we have a President like Donald J. Trump in charge at this point in history. Both Clinton and Obama basically ignored North Korea while in office and as a result, North Korea was allowed Carte Blanche to continue to raise the ante militarily.

Now our Nation is at a crossroads, ought we to attack N. Korea's Missile bases now or wait until they have a viable ICBM in which to mount a Nuclear warhead? Both Russia and China seem to think we should "stand down" at this point, for obvious reasons. Our military MUST stay in that area of the world at least as a deterrent to North Korea's plans to destroy the U.S. and some of our allies.

At this point, we ought to stand by and be patient. At least we're right at their doorstep and ready.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Personally, I believe we ought to abandon our position so far as Syria goes. Syria is a "Hot button" so far as Russia is concerned. We ought to concentrate our focus entirely on N. Korea, for they are a clear and present danger to us and our allies. We dare not spread ourselves too thin at this juncture. Germany lost WW2 because they were fighting two separate fronts simultaneously. We know have Japanese ships in the vicinity, however, it's a shame that more of our allies are not backing us up, as well. It looks like there's a better chance of war now than during the "Cuban Missile Crisis" in the early sixties.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump, after some three-stooges-style fumbling around, seems to have found a measure of stability in the last week or so.

He's flipped on many of the dangerous/stupid/evil things he promised to do, and if he continues to back away from those things, he might actually do a reasonable job. We've had sleazeball presidents before, and some of them did creditable jobs.

Let's see how it plays out.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump, after some three-stooges-style fumbling around, seems to have found a measure of stability in the last week or so.

He's flipped on many of the dangerous/stupid/evil things he promised to do, and if he continues to back away from those things, he might actually do a reasonable job. We've had sleazeball presidents before, and some of them did creditable jobs.

Well hi there, Barbarian. You've been missed. :)

If Trump found any stability, he found it by accident.

Let's see how it plays out.

We don't have much of a choice. Besides, the Pence alternative is worse.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Obituary: Man rests in peace after being told Trump has been impeached
. . . Mike ran out of family long ago and is survived by his ex-wife and best friend, Teresa Elliott. Though their marriage ran aground, their friendship only grew stronger and hers was the last voice Mike heard. And the last thing she said to him was "Donald Trump has been impeached." Upon hearing that he took his final, gentle breath, his earthly work concluded. Mike will be forever missed but never forgotten.

:chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obituary: Man rests in peace after being told Trump has been impeached
. . . Mike ran out of family long ago and is survived by his ex-wife and best friend, Teresa Elliott. Though their marriage ran aground, their friendship only grew stronger and hers was the last voice Mike heard. And the last thing she said to him was "Donald Trump has been impeached." Upon hearing that he took his final, gentle breath, his earthly work concluded. Mike will be forever missed but never forgotten.

:chuckle:

:cloud9: