ECT Will there be a temple, to worship the one true God, in the future?

SaulToPaul 2

There is no preoccupation with the 2nd coming in the Colossian passage. It is plainly a contrast of the 'weak and miserable principles of the law' and the Gospel (many commentaries are flawed on the earlier term 'philosophy' that is vain. Paul meant the neo-Judaism that was going on. He did not mean Ovid or Ptolemy active at the time. The term 'philosophia' was regularly used, for ex., by Josephus when listing the Pharisees, Sadducees, zealots and Essenes in the 1st century).

Paul meant the benefits of Christ had come in Christ, with a minority of things coming later.

:chuckle:

Human reasoning.

SaulToPaul 2

Explain the shadow vs reality progression of this:

1 Passover
2 Unleavened Bread
3 First Fruits
4 Pentecost

5 Trumpets
6 Atonement
7 Tabernacles

Why are Passover and Atonement months apart?
How did Atonement take place before Pentecost (as you claim)?

:idunno:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom, Jacob.

I'm not quite a novice at this.

The Lord has established the temple He wanted already. He didn't make it out of bricks and mortar. Instead He made it out of people - the "living stones" Peter talks about in his epistle. "Know ye not, that your bodies are the temple?" says Paul. The mystery of Christ in us, the Godhead dwelling in our midst, is the central theme of Scripture.

Solomon's temple was something God allowed, and used as a type. It was the diorama showing forth the design, on a vastly smaller and less grandiose scale.

Why would you want to go back to the diorama, when we have the temple here already which is built by God's hands, rather than man's?

Shalom.

It is possible that God wants another temple built. I believe that He does. It is my belief that the temple in Ezekiel has yet to be built. And that God said that it would be built.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Shalom, Jacob.

I'm not quite a novice at this.

The Lord has established the temple He wanted already. He didn't make it out of bricks and mortar. Instead He made it out of people - the "living stones" Peter talks about in his epistle. "Know ye not, that your bodies are the temple?" says Paul. The mystery of Christ in us, the Godhead dwelling in our midst, is the central theme of Scripture.

Solomon's temple was something God allowed, and used as a type. It was the diorama showing forth the design, on a vastly smaller and less grandiose scale.

Why would you want to go back to the diorama, when we have the temple here already which is built by God's hands, rather than man's?

Consider that when the Lord said "destroy this temple" He'd meant His physical body, at the same time that He then walked His temple, into "My Father's house" - the Temple at Jerusalem.

And that the Twelve AFTER Pentecost - in a sense, twelve little temples, or spiritual synagogues (Peter's "lively stones" point) - still worshipped in the Temple at Jerusalem.

But the Lord was addressing Israel and Peter was adressing the Believing Remnant of Israel, Gal. 2:7-9, Israel's Believing "remnant according to the election of grace" Rom. 11:5, election being the issue of service, Is. 65:9.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Statement of faith.
Shalom.

I do not have a statement of faith.

I have faith. And I am Jewish.

A believer has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them at the moment of faith or the moment of the profession of faith, when they are born again. This time their birth is by the Spirit of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not have a statement of faith.

I have faith. And I am Jewish.

A believer has the Holy Spirit dwelling in them at the moment of faith or the moment of the profession of faith, when they are born again. This time their birth is by the Spirit of God.

Shalom.

Jacob

There is nothing in your statement of faith that you wrote here to testify that you have been born again.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There is nothing in your statement of faith that you wrote here to testify that you have been born again.
Shalom.

I did not write to you a statement of faith. All you need to know is if the Spirit of God dwells in me. If so, then I am born again. That is how I understand it.

Shalom.

Jacob

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I did not write to you a statement of faith. All you need to know is if the Spirit of God dwells in me. If so, then I am born again. That is how I understand it.

Shalom.

Jacob

Then you are not born again and cannot approach scripture, because it is spiritually discerned.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then you are not born again and cannot approach scripture, because it is spiritually discerned.
Shalom.

I do not believe what you have just said. Can you explain what you have said or what you mean here in or by what you have said?

Shalom.

Jacob

Wick Stick

Consider that when the Lord said "destroy this temple" He'd meant His physical body, at the same time that He then walked His temple, into "My Father's house" - the Temple at Jerusalem.

And that the Twelve AFTER Pentecost - in a sense, twelve little temples, or spiritual synagogues (Peter's "lively stones" point) - still worshipped in the Temple at Jerusalem.

But the Lord was addressing Israel and Peter was addressing the Believing Remnant of Israel, Gal. 2:7-9, Israel's Believing "remnant according to the election of grace" Rom. 11:5, election being the issue of service, Is. 65:9.
Interesting points, but it really goes much deeper than a couple verses.

As you go through the Bible, you can find conflict and antipathy between the LORD and the temple/priests pretty much from the point that Solomon put up the first one. Even before that, when God didn't allow David to put one up. Actually, even during the tabernacle period, God wasn't too pleased that the people wanted to stuff him into a tent so that they didn't have to be in His presence all the time.

It turns out, men are the ones who keep erecting walls and curtains and veils between ourselves and God. DO you suppose those are to bring us closer to Him? It is clear to me at least, that all these barriers are simply meant to hide us from God.

Is it any wonder God has knocked down every temple that has been put up?

Danoh

Interesting points, but it really goes much deeper than a couple verses.

As you go through the Bible, you can find conflict and antipathy between the LORD and the temple/priests pretty much from the point that Solomon put up the first one. Even before that, when God didn't allow David to put one up. Actually, even during the tabernacle period, God wasn't too pleased that the people wanted to stuff him into a tent so that they didn't have to be in His presence all the time.

It turns out, men are the ones who keep erecting walls and curtains and veils between ourselves and God. DO you suppose those are to bring us closer to Him? It is clear to me at least, that all these barriers are simply meant to hide us from God.

Is it any wonder God has knocked down every temple that has been put up?

If you say so...

1 Kings 9:1 And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do, 9:2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon. 9:3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.

There is that, and then their is His displeasure when that is not respected...

Matthew 21:12 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

You...are confusing the two.

Interplanner

Christ operated out of the temple, as did the apostles, to maximize the effectiveness of the launch of his church. But he did say that his body was a temple, which was theological sedition to those operating it, though not to other parts of Judaism, who wanted to see it come down.

Danoh

Christ operated out of the temple, as did the apostles, to maximize the effectiveness of the launch of his church. But he did say that his body was a temple, which was theological sedition to those operating it, though not to other parts of Judaism, who wanted to see it come down.

Matthew 21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Acts 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 3:1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

Acts 3:8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;

SaulToPaul 2

Your humanism and rationalization know no bounds.