Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

2003cobra

Watchman,
I tried to send you a pm, but your mailbox is full.

So I will just post in the clear, as we used to say in the Army:

People who don’t want to deal with facts and have their fantasies challenged will often attack those using facts to challenge their fantasies. It is good advice for everyone to stick with the issues and stay calm.

In the South, we have a saying: Never rassle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Don’t respond to the insults, just move back to the facts. Take the high ground and follow 1 Cor 13:
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends.

The ones doing the insults are the ones showing they aren’t reflecting the nature of Jesus.

2003cobra

Translation is not a precise science. (Trust me, I've been doing it long enough.)

I would encourage you to find all the verses that speak of the Word of God (rhema) to know what the Word of God is. Just telling somebody about it is truly an act of unkindness. Rather like telling little kids about bike riding but never letting them experience riding a bicycle because the parent fears it. Paul aledges to have heard the voice of Jesus on the road to Damascus. That was a direct experience of the Word of God. THAT was the Word of God. Itself. That event. Written accounts of that event are NOT the event. A written account about the Word of God is Not the Word of God. The written accounts are edification and encouragement for others to seek the Word of God (Rhema) by which God speaks to you directly. Fall into the hands of the living God, if you can handle the fear. It is a Pearl of Great Price. Most Christians never experience God, but only experience stories about God.

I am reluctantly Pentecostal in this matter. I have laid hands on the sick and they have recovered. When the Spirit of the Lord overtakes my voice and speaks through it ... THAT is the Rhema Word of God. In Ephesians, the Koine describes the Rhema/Word of God as prayer, specifically praying in tongues. It's a transcendent state where God prays through you. That God speaks though you. But this is not some metaphorical slight of hand whereby one's testimony for the Lord is considered "God speaking through you." No. That's you speaking through you about God. But when the Spirit comes to speak Rhema through you, you will know it. It's a glory of the Lord, and a power beyond measure that actually transforms the world. But be careful, one can release faith against the things of God and the suffering God would have abated through his disciple remains, and the world stays in its darkness. Consider Luke 6:12.

(Luk 6:12 KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

No, He did not continue in prayer to God. Rather, και ην διανυκτερευων εν τη προσευχη του θεου ... "in prayer of God."

Zenn

PS: Not sure if this answers your question.

PPS: John defines the logos as Jesus Himself. Jesus is the Word of God(Logos) not the Bible.
the Holy Spirit is the Word of God(Rhema) not the Bible. The Bible speaks about these things as a testimony to them, but it ISN'T itself these things.

PPPS:No. the text isn't you at all. It is a representation of you - your thoughts, but it isn't YOU.

PPPPS: Tell me the best way to destroy faith. Or the best way to destroy the Word of God.

Thanks for sharing.

One of the side-effects of taking a full dose of the doctrine of inerrancy seems to be the mistaken belief that God doesn’t communicate with people anymore. There are no more tongues and interpretation or prophecy. Sometimes they add that miracles no longer occur. They seem to think God put a perfect book on the podium and left the building.

Praise God that it is not so! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever and has not abandoned His people.

Zenn

Oopsy daisy, you said that you raised someone from the dead and did not even think to mention God or give Him the credit. :shut: :chuckle:
And yet, you being so quick to believe of yourself that you would (mention or give credit to God), haven't raised anyone from the dead.

That should give You pause for reflection.

(Joh 14:12 KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Please note that Jesus said he shall do, and that is what I did. It is not written "and greater works shall God do through him; because I go unto my Father." One should always be cautious when re-writing scripture up inside one's head. No? :AMR:

You remind me of the superstitious person who after reading James 4:15 adopts an OCD about always saying "if it be the Lord's will" lest the sky fall down on his head.

(Jas 4:15 KJV) For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

You being quick to judge me, ... do you faithfully follow James magic thinking in each and every instance of your life? Is God a child to be petulant if the magic words aren't said? Coins and crosses never know their fruitless worth, and rosary beads are a poor substitution for a living relationship with a living God.

Zenn

Zenn

I can answer this one highlighted but it is a big study for the uninitiated and most fall at the first hurdle.
I wasn't aware that I had asked a question, and I'm quite sure I haven't made a mistake. But perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to start a new thread?

If you do, please let me know. However, I'm fairly sure the Jews know what day of the week their sabbath falls upon and rather don't give a dreidel about Julian or Gregorian.

Zenn

2003cobra

A few more details on the error is Hebrews

A few more details on the error is Hebrews

Hebrew 9:3-5 NRSV
Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place, 4 which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant. 5 Above the ark were the cherubim of the Glory, overshadowing the atonement cover. But we cannot discuss these things in detail now.

The writer of Hebrews inaccurately wrote that the Most Holy Place, or the Holy Of Holies, had or held the golden altar of incense.

That was a mistake, an error. It is an insignificant error for matters of the gospel and the authority and validity of the scriptures. It is significant in considering the doctrine of inerrancy, because this error shows that the doctrine of inerrancy is false.

The golden altar of incense was used everyday, twice a day, to burn incense. It could not have been held in the Holy Of Holies, as that was entered only once a year.

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 2192 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
eco including an alternate form scheo {skheh'-o}, used in certain tenses only), a primary verb
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Echo 2:816,286
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
ekh'-o Verb
Definition
to have, i.e. to hold
to have (hold) in the hand, in the sense of wearing, to have (hold) possession of the mind (refers to alarm, agitating emotions, etc.), to hold fast keep, to have or comprise or involve, to regard or consider or hold as
to have i.e. own, possess
external things such as pertain to property or riches or furniture or utensils or goods or food etc.
used of those joined to any one by the bonds of natural blood or marriage or friendship or duty or law etc, of attendance or companionship
to hold one's self or find one's self so and so, to be in such or such a condition
to hold one's self to a thing, to lay hold of a thing, to adhere or cling to
to be closely joined to a person or a thing
NAS Word Usage - Total: 648
ability 1, able 1, accompany 1, acknowledge* 1, am 2, become 1, been 3, being 1, being under 1, bringing 1, conceived* 1, consider 2, considered 2, could 2, derive 1, deriving 1, devoid* 1, enjoyed 1, experiencing 1, felt 1, following 1, get 2, gripped 1, had 80, has 134, have 283, have had 2, having 50, held 1, hold 5, holding 7, holds 2, ill* 5, incurring 1, involves 1, keep 3, keeping 3, kept 1, maintain 1, maintained 1, maintaining 1, meets 1, nearby 1, next 2, obliged* 1, obtain 2, obtained 1, owned 3, possess 2, possessed 4, possesses 1, receive 1, received 1, recover* 1, regard 2, regarded 1, reigns* 1, remember* 1, retain 1, seize 1, show 1, think* 1, unable* 1, under 1, under* 1, use 1, without* 3

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I wasn't aware that I had asked a question, and I'm quite sure I haven't made a mistake. But perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to start a new thread?

If you do, please let me know. However, I'm fairly sure the Jews know what day of the week their sabbath falls upon and rather don't give a dreidel about Julian or Gregorian.

Zenn

Certain Karaite Jews do but most do not. I did post the links to three threads I have on the subject which all come at the issue from different angles. Here they are again:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127270-When-is-the-Sabbath&highlight=

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...3-nights-in-the-Heart-of-the-Earth&highlight=

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?123680-Jesus-Fasted-The-Fast-Of-Esther&highlight=

Zenn

It does not matter that you choose to call Zechariah "poetry", (he is a PROPHET for goodness sakes), it is still the same thing: spiritualizing the words of the Prophet under the more palatable label of "Hebrew poetry".
Would you prefer the phrase, "expressive writing" instead of "poetry"? How about "linguistic style"? Or the Hebrew way to emphasize a point?

However I'm not sure what your point is. Obviously you think that Jesus actually rode upon two beasts simultaneously, but the opposite is attested to in Mark and Luke And John. Those three witnesses are also in agreement, but in stating that Jesus rode upon a single animal.

Are you saying Mark, Luke & John are mistaken and have errors? Or just that those texts were poorly written and don't convey an historical account?

And with the Matthew passage we have three witnesses that are all in agreement:
I'm not sure you understand what "spiritualizing" comprises. Furthermore why are you having a hissy fit with me about what Cobra said to you? :AMR:

I never "spiritualized" Zechariah. I merely recognize that the concept of the King coming on a donkey rather than on a warhorse or white stallion is so foreign to the cultural expectations of their time that an emphasis was needed. I don't think the author of Matthew understood Jewish linguistic styles very well.

Now you posted a verse in Hebrew. Do you read Hebrew? Have you studied the language in depth? (And please realize questions are questions. I don't make accusations in the form of a question. When people do this, it really makes asking questions very difficult.) What education have you had in the Hebrew language and ancient culture?

In the end, though, Zechariah is presenting a prophecy that does contain spiritual lessons. Yet Matthew is supposedly presenting factual events.

Zenn

PS: You need to do less thinking with your emotions. Emotions don't reason very well.

"The heart has its reasons that are quite unknown to the head." — Blaise Pascal

Zenn

Certain Karaite Jews do but most do not. I did post the links to three threads I have on the subject which all come at the issue from different angles. Here they are again:
Thank you, I'm sure you put a lot of work into this. However...

This seems to imply that Jews forgot how to correctly count to seven. I saw nothing in your OP to address this obvious problem upfront and unfortunately my time is limited. You do imply that there is some branch of Judaism that holds to a different counting. But again, delving into certain esoterics of Judaism, which would include the Kabbala, would take up time I just do not have at this point.

It would be a bit difficult for him to eat the Passover meal with his disciples as attested to in Matthew, Mark, and Luke if he was dead at the time the Passover meal was eaten.

However the term 'Heart of the Earth' that Jesus spoke of was not the tomb. The Bible interprets the Bible and elsewhere we can find what Jesus meant by this phrase:
I find this reasoning to be a bit of a stretch, as there is a better and more simple reason to understand why the Romans incorrectly selected Friday.

There are certain difficulties with regards to the book of Esther being used as a foundation for argument.

Kindly,
Zenn

PS: Perhaps we can revisit these issues at Easter, when I have more time and inclination.

Last edited:

glorydaz

LAIR

#1729 patrick jane; "The serpent has been thoroughly spanked by Lon, john w, AMR, daqq, steko, Tam and glory."

#1746 Watchman; "Where was the altar of incense; in the Holy of Holies or the Holy place in the temple?"

#1762 Glorydaze; "Where is your head? Above your shoulders or on your neck? Same thing."

05:13 AM
#1777 daqq; "Incorrectly worded. Try the actual word itself, which is θυμιατηριον, and then go check for that word and how it is used and where it is located in 2Chr 26:19, (you may just find it located in the hand of an angry king who carried it into the sanctuary to burn incense in the temple by the altar of incense, (του θυσιαστηριου των θυμιαματων), lol).PS ~ After that go to Ezekiel 8:11."

You then thanked daqq for that post so you did see it! I then asked you the same question while I researched daqq's answer:

05:14 AM
#1778 Watchman; "Was the altar of incense in the Holy of Holies or the Holy place in the temple?"

05:29 AM
#1780; "It depends on when you're talking about. It was kept just without and brought in once a year. Lev. 16:12-13 And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the Lord, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail: 13 And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the Lord, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not:"

That gave you 15/16 mins to look at daqq's answer and to find the Lev 16:12 quote. Inorder to make it look like you knew.

IF you did know then it is even worse because rather than be nice and helpful and tell me the answer, you instead say something quite nasty; "Where is your head? Above your shoulders or on your neck? Same thing."

Either you're a liar or nasty. Not good either way.

Well, you can imagine whatever you want to. It won't make it right.

What time did I thank Daqq for his post?

Idiot.

glorydaz

Are we allowed to read them in any order, or must they be read in the order you dictate? :think:

glorydaz

And as John the baptist did not have any Children and Jesus was the Eldest in His family and was related to John's family it is possible Jesus was the next in line after John, and was another reason why John also prophetically said:

John 3:30
He must become greater; I must become less."

And Paul added:

Hebrews 4
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.

Paul didn't write Hebrews. :chew:

glorydaz

And if you remove daqq's thank you I've screen shot it!

:rotfl:

Did you screen shot how I read all these posts from bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

Did you screen shot when I read your post in response to PJ's, and responded to it, and then when I actually went back and thanked PJ's post? Did you screen shot how many times I read Daqq's post until I figured out what he must be saying, and when I thanked his post.

You are truly a child who got his knickers in a knot. :baby:

I have a screen shot of that. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Again with the assumptions, it's morning here and I'm not on any medication?

You make up your reality as you go along rather than finding out the truth. This is exactly how you study the Bible as well as has been shown here on the thread. A fundaMENTAL flaw you have.

Oh, you mean like you decide in which order I read these posts, and when I thank posts? Do you know why I thank some posts and not others? Did you know I read several of your posts before I knew how easy it would be to push your buttons? :baby:

glorydaz

And he calls himself WatchmanOnTheWall. :popcorn:

Never send a child to do that job. They always end up getting their knickers in knot, and forget what they were supposed to be watching. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I was just thinking that the author of Hebrews is speaking of the Tabernacle so I may have been wrong about it not being kept behind the veil: we simply have no way of knowing as far as I know. Moreover there are some who object to what has been presented because of other reasons, which we need not bring up here, for either way, saying that Heb 9:4 is erroneous is entirely off the table, and that was really the overall point brought up here by the accusers to begin with. The Septuagint clearly uses the same word from Heb 9:4 to describe a censer in at least two places, (two witnesses), even if there may be other places where the same word might have been used for the altar of incense. :)

Yep, and then to quibble over the word "had" as if the golden censer was never in the Holy of Holies. The sign in front of a drug store is the property of the drug store....not the street, although it can be seen from the street. The point of the censer was to carry incense into the presence of the Lord...which would indeed be the Holy of Holies.

I'd like to have you talk about the Mercy Seat, and this thread of denial would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

2003cobra

Yep, and then to quibble over the word "had" as if the golden censer was never in the Holy of Holies. The sign in front of a drug store is the property of the drug store....not the street, although it can be seen from the street. The point of the censer was to carry incense into the presence of the Lord...which would indeed be the Holy of Holies.

I'd like to have you talk about the Mercy Seat, and this thread of denial would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

Had, having, held, contained, they all mean the same thing and never mean “was briefly in once a year.”

KJ21 which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
ASV having a golden altar of incense, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was a golden pot holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
AMP having the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered entirely with gold. This contained a golden jar which held the manna, and the rod of Aaron that sprouted, and the [two stone] tablets of the covenant [inscribed with the Ten Commandments];
AMPC It had the golden altar of incense and the ark (chest) of the covenant, covered over with wrought gold. This [ark] contained a golden jar which held the manna and the rod of Aaron that sprouted and the [two stone] slabs of the covenant [bearing the Ten Commandments].
BRG Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
CSB It had the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron’s staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.
CEB It had the gold altar for incense and the chest containing the covenant, which was covered with gold on all sides. In the chest there was a gold jar containing manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
CJB which had the golden altar for burning incense and the Ark of the Covenant, entirely covered with gold. In the Ark were the gold jar containing the man, Aharon’s rod that sprouted and the stone Tablets of the Covenant;
CEV The gold altar that was used for burning incense was in this holy place. The gold-covered sacred chest was also there, and inside it were three things. First, there was a gold jar filled with manna. Then there was Aaron’s walking stick that sprouted. Finally, there were the flat stones with the Ten Commandments written on them.
DARBY having a golden censer, and the ark of the covenant, covered round in every part with gold, in which [were] the golden pot that had the manna, and the rod of Aaron that had sprouted, and the tables of the covenant;
DLNT having a golden altar-of-incense, and the ark of the covenant having been covered on-all-sides with gold, in which was a golden jar having the manna and the rod of Aaron having budded and the tablets of the covenant,
DRA Having a golden censer, and the ark of the testament covered about on every part with gold, in which was a golden pot that had manna, and the rod of Aaron, that had blossomed, and the tables of the testament.
ERV In the Most Holy Place was a golden altar for burning incense. And also there was the Box of the Agreement. The Box was covered with gold. Inside this Box was a golden jar of manna and Aaron’s rod—the rod that once grew leaves. Also in the Box were the flat stones with the Ten Commandments of the old agreement on them.
EHV It had the golden censer for incense and the Ark of the Covenant, which was covered entirely with gold. Inside the Ark was the golden jar holding the manna, Aaron’s staff that had sprouted buds, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
ESV having the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron's staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.
ESVUK having the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron's staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.
EXB In it was a golden altar for burning incense [Lev. 16:12–13] and the ·Ark [box; chest] ·that held the old agreement [L of the covenant/contract; Ex. 25:10; 26:33], covered [L completely; on all sides] with gold. Inside this Ark was a golden jar of manna [Ex. 16:33–34], Aaron’s rod that once grew leaves [Num. 17:1–11], and the stone tablets of the ·old agreement [covenant; contract; Ex. 25:16; 40:20; Deut. 10:2].
GNV Which had the golden censer, and the Ark of the Testament overlaid round about with gold, wherein the golden pot, which had Manna, was, and Aaron’s rod that had budded, and the tables of the Testament.
GW It contained the gold incense burner and the ark of the Lord’s promise. The ark was completely covered with gold. In the ark were the gold jar filled with manna, Aaron’s staff that had blossomed, and the tablets on which the promise was written.
GNT In it were the gold altar for the burning of incense and the Covenant Box all covered with gold and containing the gold jar with the manna in it, Aaron's stick that had sprouted leaves, and the two stone tablets with the commandments written on them.
HCSB It contained the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which there was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron’s staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.
ICB In it was a golden altar for burning incense. Also there was the Ark of the Covenant that held the old agreement. The Ark of the Covenant was covered with gold. Inside this Ark of the Covenant was a golden jar of manna and Aaron’s rod—the rod that once grew leaves. Also in it were the stone tablets of the old agreement.
ISV which had the gold altar for incense and the Ark of the Covenant completely covered with gold. In it were the gold jar holding the manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the Tablets of the Covenant.
PHILLIPS Now the first agreement had certain rules for the service of God, and it had a sanctuary, a holy place in this world for the eternal God. A tent was erected: in the outer compartment were placed the lamp-standard, the table and the sacred loaves. Inside, beyond the curtain, was the inner tent called the holy of holies in which were the golden censer and the gold inlaid ark of the agreement, containing the golden jar of manna, Aaron’s budding staff and the stone tablets inscribed with the words of the actual agreement. Above these things were fixed representations of the cherubim of glory, casting their shadow over the ark’s covering, known as the mercy seat. (All this is full of meaning but we cannot enter now into a detailed explanation.)
JUB which had a golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, in which was the golden urn that had the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the testament,
KJV Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
AKJV which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
LEB containing the golden incense altar and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which were a golden jar containing the manna and the rod of Aaron that budded and the tablets of the covenant.
TLB In that room there were a golden incense-altar and the golden chest, called the ark of the covenant, completely covered on all sides with pure gold. Inside the ark were the tablets of stone with the Ten Commandments written on them, and a golden jar with some manna in it, and Aaron’s wooden cane that budded.
MSG That first plan contained directions for worship, and a specially designed place of worship. A large outer tent was set up. The lampstand, the table, and “the bread of presence” were placed in it. This was called “the Holy Place.” Then a curtain was stretched, and behind it a smaller, inside tent set up. This was called “the Holy of Holies.” In it were placed the gold incense altar and the gold-covered ark of the covenant containing the gold urn of manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, the covenant tablets, and the angel-wing-shadowed mercy seat. But we don’t have time to comment on these now.
MEV which contained the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid with gold, containing the golden pot holding the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.
MOUNCE It contained the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which were the golden urn containing the manna, · · Aaron’s rod that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
NOG It contained the gold incense burner and the ark of the Lord’s promise. The ark was completely covered with gold. In the ark were the gold jar filled with manna, Aaron’s staff that had blossomed, and the tablets on which the promise was written.
NABRE in which were the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant entirely covered with gold. In it were the gold jar containing the manna, the staff of Aaron that had sprouted, and the tablets of the covenant.
NASB having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;
NCV In it was a golden altar for burning incense and the Ark covered with gold that held the old agreement. Inside this Ark was a golden jar of manna, Aaron’s rod that once grew leaves, and the stone tablets of the old agreement.
NET It contained the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered entirely with gold. In this ark were the golden urn containing the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
NIRV It had the golden altar for incense. It also had the wooden chest called the ark of the covenant. The ark was covered with gold. It held the gold jar of manna. It held Aaron’s walking stick that had budded. It also held the stone tablets. The words of the covenant were written on them.
NIV which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
NIVUK which had the golden altar of incense and the gold-covered ark of the covenant. This ark contained the gold jar of manna, Aaron’s staff that had budded, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
NKJV which had the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which were the golden pot that had the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
NLV In the inside tent there was an altar where special perfume was burned. There was also a large box made of wood called the box of the Way of Worship. Both of these were covered with gold inside and out. Inside the box was a pot made of gold with the bread from heaven. It also had in it Aaron’s stick that once started to grow. The stones on which the Law of Moses was written were in it.
NLT In that room were a gold incense altar and a wooden chest called the Ark of the Covenant, which was covered with gold on all sides. Inside the Ark were a gold jar containing manna, Aaron’s staff that sprouted leaves, and the stone tablets of the covenant.
NMB It had the golden censer, and the ark of the testament overlaid round about with gold, in which was the golden pot with manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the testament.
NRSV In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
NRSVA In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
NRSVACE In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
NRSVCE In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
NTE This contained the golden altar, and the ark of the covenant, which was covered completely in gold. In the ark were the golden urn containing the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded and the tablets of the covenant.
OJB Having a golden Mizbe’ach of ketoret (incense) and the Aron HaBrit having been covered on all sides with gold, and in which was a golden jar holding the manna and the rod of Aharon which budded, and the Luchot haBrit (the tablets of the Covenant, the Decalogue, Aseret HaDibrot).
TPT It contained the golden altar of incense and the ark of covenant mercy, which was a wooden box covered entirely with gold. And placed inside the ark of covenant mercy was the golden jar with mystery-manna inside, Aaron’s resurrection rod, which had sprouted, and the stone tablets engraved with the covenant laws.
RSV having the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, which contained a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
RSVCE having the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, which contained a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
TLV It held a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, completely covered with gold. In the ark was a golden jar holding the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant—
VOICE In there they placed the golden incense altar and the golden ark of the covenant. Inside the ark were the golden urn that contained manna (the miraculous food God gave our ancestors in the desert), Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant that Moses brought down from the mountain.
WEB having a golden altar of incense, and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which was a golden pot holding the manna, Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant;
WE In the Most Holy Place was a pan made of gold. In this pan a fire could burn to make a sweet-smelling smoke. The box of the agreement was also in the Most Holy Place. It was covered all over with gold. In this box were: the golden pot, which had some of the food God sent from heaven for the people in the desert; Aaron's stick which grew flowers on it; and the stones which had God's agreement written on them.
WYC having a golden censer, and the ark of the testament, covered about on each side with gold, in which was a pot of gold having manna, and the rod of Aaron that flowered [and the rod of Aaron that flourished], and the tables of the testament;
YLT having a golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid all round about with gold, in which [is] the golden pot having the manna, and the rod of Aaron that budded, and the tables of the covenant

Once again, you deny what the Bible actually says to support your man-made false doctrine.

2003cobra

A great example

And he calls himself WatchmanOnTheWall. :popcorn:

Never send a child to do that job. They always end up getting their knickers in knot, and forget what they were supposed to be watching. :chuckle:

Of why I wrote:

Watchman,
I tried to send you a pm, but your mailbox is full.

So I will just post in the clear, as we used to say in the Army:

People who don’t want to deal with facts and have their fantasies challenged will often attack those using facts to challenge their fantasies. It is good advice for everyone to stick with the issues and stay calm.

In the South, we have a saying: Never rassle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Don’t respond to the insults, just move back to the facts. Take the high ground and follow 1 Cor 13:
Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends.

The ones doing the insults are the ones showing they aren’t reflecting the nature of Jesus.

Lon

Here:
hubbard-490x444.jpg
Daqq already said as much.

My response:
And yet another interesting idea. Since I've never posted a thing like scientology, it was and is just a little too detached, even if 'immediate.'

I suppose if an L.Ron Hubbard jab, it would also be a bit out there for it.

So for me: the humor of a random mind.

I can appreciate that, I'm a bit random at times and such allowed for a meandering of connections and a bit of humor in a thread a bit too tight for its proverbial britches.

Lon

Again with the assumptions, it's morning here and I'm not on any medication?

You make up your reality as you go along rather than finding out the truth. This is exactly how you study the Bible as well as has been shown here on the thread. A fundaMENTAL flaw you have.
No. It didn't matter. Again "I'm" not the one caught in assumptions. I intimated and THEN suggested two things 1) You started a LOT better in this thread than this particular bout of responses and 2) You 'might' want to wait and respond when you are in better humor.

Don't get caught up in details. Again, and as I said, I'm no man's judge. I was only noting you've posted 'better.'

Look, I know a bridge is burned with you and you are going to aim for snarky but I hadn't realized it MUST be that way from here out.

Take care of yourself and see you later.