Jesus is God !

keypurr

So there are two sons of God?

Thank you for answering.
I see two, one human one a spirit.

Consider Heb 1:3, the express image who is called a Son and God used to create everything. This Son is firstborn of all creatures, that makes him not God but a form of God for it/he is a creation. That is the hard one to understand for it flows against the grain of the churches.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

glorydaz

Not so friend, the Messiah is not said to be God, he is to be sent by God. Your the one writing your own book lady, not me.

Try actually reading the OT. I've seen no evidence, in all these years, that you have. :nono:

"My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and UNDERSTAND THAT I AM HE:"

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

Christ is called a form of God in Phil 2. But a form of God is not God.

No, it says Christ was in the form of God....not a form of God. He was in the very form of God....a spirit...until He took on the form of a servant (man). This is third grade level stuff here, Keypurr.

So, according to your logic, the form of a servant and the likeness of man means He is not a man. Try to follow these silly proclamations of yours to their logic conclusions. You might end up shocking yourself.

"and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"

Why is that glorydaz?

Yeah, why do you tell these half truths (full lies)?

It's because the Lord has blinded the eyes of the proud, and those who reject their God when He came to dwell among them. You can lead a horse to water.....

keypurr

BTW [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION]

What is your favorite bible translation?
I was brought up with the KJV, but I like the AENT, NIV and the NASB. I compare them with about thirty other translations I have. The Aramaic English New Testament has many interesting notes on the Hebrew culture. I think that might be my favorite.

keypurr

Try actually reading the OT. I've seen no evidence, in all these years, that you have. :nono:

"My servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and UNDERSTAND THAT I AM HE:"

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

No, it says Christ was in the form of God....not a form of God. He was in the very form of God....a spirit...until He took on the form of a servant (man). This is third grade level stuff here, Keypurr.

So, according to your logic, the form of a servant and the likeness of man means He is not a man. Try to follow these silly proclamations of yours to their logic conclusions. You might end up shocking yourself.

"and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"

Yeah, why do you tell these half truths (full lies)?

It's because the Lord has blinded the eyes of the proud, and those who reject their God when He came to dwell among them. You can lead a horse to water.....
A form of God is not God, I have posted that countless times,

Being in the form of God means he was a spirit,like his Father. Look at verse 5 in Phil 5. It speaks of what was IN Jesus Christ. The express image is a creation, not God. God sent his son not himself.

Your half truth come from your church, not me.

marhig

Proving you have NO SAVIOUR. You poor old soul. Your time is running out, Keypurr. You will die in your sins, and you have no one to blame but yourself and your own stubborn pride. :sigh:
Hang on a minute, where does it say in the Bible that keypur has to believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

Whichever way we believe I reckon, according to the Bible, that God will be looking at the heart and if we are living by his will, more than he will be looking at whether we believe that Jesus is God or not. And I'm sure pride and judging others are quite high on his list of things that are very wrong to do. Look at yourself GD before you judge whether another is saved or not, you have no idea who will be saved and who won't. You're not God, thankfully.

And that goes for the three others who have liked your post too!

Last edited:

marhig

I don't believe you. I believe Jesus just fine.

Using your logic, because the Father is in me, does that make me God? :mock: Of course not.

Marhig, Thomas called Jesus his God. He didn't call the Father God (not to say that He isn't God, just that the Father is not who Thomas was talking to).

Thomas wasn't talking to the Father. He was talking to Jesus.

So again, I ask, Why did Thomas call Jesus "my Lord and my God"?

Is Jesus the Word?
Believe me? I'm not asking you to believe me, I'm quoting Jesus, so believe him. Would you like me to quote you some verses?

marhig

How can Acts 20:28 KJV be true if Jesus isn't God?

It can't be.

So Jesus is God !
You need to read a few more verses, read from 24-28 and you will see that he is talking about Christ Jesus and he is referring to preaching the gospel of God, and feeding the church of God which Christ has purchased with his own blood. And he did so, by laying down his life and baring witness to the truth and reconciling many back to God by the word of truth and life, bringing us a new and living way back to God and Jesus is our perfect example to follow.

Hebrews 10:19

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh

Christ Jesus is separating those who belong to him from the world, taking their hearts away from this world of sin and death, and instead of loving the world, they are loving God from their hearts, and worshipping the father in Spirit and in truth.

lifeisgood

I accept facts only.

Give me the verse that says he did it.

I accept facts only.

Do you accept the fact that Jesus said, 'I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture'?
Give me the verse He actually did become a door.

Do you accept the fact Jesus said tomorrow will be anxious for itself.
Give me the verse that tomorrow actually is anxious for itself.

keypurr

I accept facts only.

Do you accept the fact that Jesus said, 'I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture'?
Give me the verse He actually did become a door.

Do you accept the fact Jesus said tomorrow will be anxious for itself.
Give me the verse that tomorrow actually is anxious for itself.

Your way out in left field now, come back to the subject matter.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

drbrumley

I see two, one human one a spirit.

Consider Heb 1:3, the express image who is called a Son and God used to create everything. This Son is firstborn of all creatures, that makes him not God but a form of God for it/he is a creation. That is the hard one to understand for it flows against the grain of the churches.

So, just to make sure I am on the same page as you, It is your contention that:

A) Jesus was God's son in actuality and His mother was Mary. The Virgin Birth was real and to be believed in your view. Jesus was just a man until the Christ (logos) came upon Him. The man Jesus' only purpose was to be a vessel for the Logos.

B) The Christ (logos) was also the Son of God. The Christ is a different creation than Jesus.
1)This Christ died on the cross with His brother, Jesus. or
2)This Christ left Jesus on the cross after the scripture says Jesus gave up the ghost, and then raised Jesus the man on the 3rd day.

keypurr

I figured that would be your response.

Holy Writ totally DEMOLISHES your doctrine received all of a sudden who knows from where separating you from WHO Jesus is and WHAT Jesus did.

It might seem that way to you because you have no understanding of the scriptures or the customs of the Hebrews.

You need to read more.

keypurr

Jesus is God !

So, just to make sure I am on the same page as you, It is your contention that:

A) Jesus was God's son in actuality and His mother was Mary. The Virgin Birth was real and to be believed in your view. Jesus was just a man until the Christ (logos) came upon Him. The man Jesus' only purpose was to be a vessel for the Logos.

B) The Christ (logos) was also the Son of God. The Christ is a different creation than Jesus.
1)This Christ died on the cross with His brother, Jesus. or
2)This Christ left Jesus on the cross after the scripture says Jesus gave up the ghost, and then raised Jesus the man on the 3rd day.

The spirit son was sent to dwell in the flesh son, they became one.

The logos was IN the flesh son. Consider that the logos created the Universe for his God, he could do so for he was given that power from his God. Now think about Jesus needed to grow in wisdom. If he was born with the logos he would not have needed to grow in wisdom. So when did the two join? Acts 10:38. Jesus received the POWER at his anointing, when God declared that this was his son. Now what did the son do after receiving all this power, he went into the wilderness to adjust to it, after forty days he was tempted.

The logo spoke through Jesus, that is why he could say that before Abraham was I Am he. The logos I see as active in the OT as the Angel of the LORD. BUT THAT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN, YET.

We know that God made his express image and called it a son and O God in Hebrews 1. We know that this son is the image of the Father, is the firstborn of all creatures/ creation, and God was pleased that this son had the fullness of the Father. In other words, the logos son is a created Godlike spirit. Col 1 tells you that. Now in Phil 2 you will find more verses to back up my faith. That which was IN Jesus Christ was a form of God. Also it was equal to God in some way. This logos became a man in the body prepared for it. Heb 10:5.

It is not set in my mind if The logos died with Jesus or went back to his Father on the cross. Since both flesh and spirit are creations both could die and be raised. But there is no verse that tells us the Jesus did in fact raise himself.

I am not smart enough to make this up or see it on my own. I sincerely think I got some help from Lord. I was doing a study on the morning stars that sang together when this was given to me. I gave me so much strength in my faith. This all happened to me about six years ago. I pray that you understand my train of thought and study it for yourself. I try not to offend folks with this information but it destroys the faith that they cling to. In my heart I hate no one but I must share my thoughts about my God even if no one likes it.