Born Again Of The Holy Spirit

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
There are different ways of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. In the last days the Spirit will be poured out on all flesh.

Mark 1:8-10
8 "I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."
9 It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
(NKJ)

Acts 2:17-18
17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophesy.
(NKJ)

Is the Spirit given at salvation?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Is the Spirit given at salvation?
I said
No. The Spirit is given to lead you to salvation.
I have often wondered how you can cut off so many verses in order to keep one. You have to reject these verses to believe in the trinity. But if these verses have a flaw in them, then how do you know the ones you keep don't have flaws?

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
No. The Spirit is given to lead you to salvation.
I have often wondered how you can cut off so many verses in order to keep one. You have to reject these verses to believe in the trinity. But if these verses have a flaw in them, then how do you know the ones you keep don't have flaws?

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

What about this Squeaky? Not true?

http://www.bible-knowledge.com/baptized-with-the-holy-spirit-at-salvation/

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

We Are Baptized With the Holy Spirit at the Moment of Salvation

Once we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, we get to receive the Holy Spirit at the exact moment we get saved with the Lord, not sometime later. And when we receive the Holy Spirit at that moment of our conversions to the Lord, we are actually baptized with Him.

The Bible says that there is only one baptism, and that one baptism is when we receive the Holy Spirit into our human spirits at the exact moment of our conversions to the Lord. This one baptism is not water baptism.

I said
Your going to avoid the scriptures and try to give me some goofy opinion out side the Word of God as a defense??????????? Your losing it. You didn't even go find some circumstantial verse to throw at me. You have been back peddling so long you have lost the importance of the Word.

Luke 8:18
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We Are Baptized With the Holy Spirit at the Moment of Salvation

Once we accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, we get to receive the Holy Spirit at the exact moment we get saved with the Lord, not sometime later. And when we receive the Holy Spirit at that moment of our conversions to the Lord, we are actually baptized with Him.

The Bible says that there is only one baptism, and that one baptism is when we receive the Holy Spirit into our human spirits at the exact moment of our conversions to the Lord. This one baptism is not water baptism.

I said
Your going to avoid the scriptures and try to give me some goofy opinion out side the Word of God as a defense??????????? Your losing it. You didn't even go find some circumstantial verse to throw at me. You have been back peddling so long you have lost the importance of the Word.

Luke 8:18
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
(NKJ)

Well Squeaky, there are actually 13 verses listed in that article. What's up, you don't like any of them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well Squeaky, there are actually 13 verses listed in that article. What's up, you don't like any of them.

I said
None of them supported their claim. Jesus said that water baptism is part of righteousness.

Matt 3:13-15
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.
14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?"
15 But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he allowed Him.
(NKJ)

Your up to your old tricks again. Hiding from the truth. Running a camouflage of deception. Changing the subject to avoid answering my questions. Like why you don't believe Jesus when He said the Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
None of them supported their claim. Jesus said that water baptism is part of righteousness.

Matt 3:13-15
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.
14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?"
15 But Jesus answered and said to him, "Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he allowed Him.
(NKJ)

Your up to your old tricks again. Hiding from the truth. Running a camouflage of deception. Changing the subject to avoid answering my questions. Like why you don't believe Jesus when He said the Father is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

(NKJ)

Better go back to the milk understanding before you try to get into the meat.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
When are you going to start believing all the verses??

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol If one is going to get in the meat they must follow the rules of believing. Not to even think beyond what is written, and not to add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

One cant believe in the trinity if they are in the meat understanding.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Remember to be born again one must die to something. And we know that we are not Christ's until we have crucified all our emotions.

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
And we know that if it is the Holy Spirit speaking to us He will only use verses.

[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The Scriptures about being born again refer to what it means to be born again evidenced by the presence of the words born again.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

The Scriptures about being born again refer to what it means to be born again evidenced by the presence of the words born again.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Your a way off there. Born again of the Holy Spirit is to die to self, crucify all emotions and feelings and be born of the Holy Spirit. That only quotes verses. And a born again Christian prove it by answering questions with the verses from the Holy Spirit. You don't even know the Holy Spirit.

[Jhn 3:3, 7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your a way off there. Born again of the Holy Spirit is to die to self, crucify all emotions and feelings and be born of the Holy Spirit. That only quotes verses. And a born again Christian prove it by answering questions with the verses from the Holy Spirit. You don't even know the Holy Spirit.

[Jhn 3:3, 7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,
Shalom.

I do know the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit dwells in me. Your statements are all incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do know the Holy Spirit as the Holy Spirit dwells in me. Your statements are all incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is a lie. If you knew Him you would have to prove it with the verses. You cant. All you have is your own opinion. The same as the Jews.

[Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That is a lie. If you knew Him you would have to prove it with the verses. You cant. All you have is your own opinion. The same as the Jews.

[Rom 11:25
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Romans 8:9 Romans 8:10 Romans 8:11 Romans 8:9-11
1 Corinthians 3:16
2 Corinthians 13:5
Galatians 3:2 Galatians 3:3 Galatians 3:5 Galatians 3:2-3, 5

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

You are incorrect.

Romans 8:9 Romans 8:10 Romans 8:11 Romans 8:9-11
1 Corinthians 3:16
2 Corinthians 13:5
Galatians 3:2 Galatians 3:3 Galatians 3:5 Galatians 3:2-3, 5

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
It seems I hurt your feelings or something.