ECT No one was "looking forward to the cross"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

It is the plain meaning of the text. Peter REBUKED Christ; he had made up his mind that there was not going to be a death. No wonder the next paragraph by Jesus is the relatively well-known 'unless a person denies themselves and takes up the (Christ's) cross, he cannot be my disciple.

STP is nothing but a write-off-er. He has nothing pro-active to say; never originates a post that I know of. Always on scramble.

SaulToPaul 2

It is the plain meaning of the text. Peter REBUKED Christ; he had made up his mind that there was not going to be a death. No wonder the next paragraph by Jesus is the relatively well-known 'unless a person denies themselves and takes up the (Christ's) cross, he cannot be my disciple.

STP is nothing but a write-off-er. He has nothing pro-active to say; never originates a post that I know of. Always on scramble.

I expose you daily as a fraud.

Interplanner

He didn't mean that literally. It was a spiritual truth. You taught us that.

You are not allowed to dictate which parts of the Bible are literally meant and which are not.

That's why I put (Christ's) in there; I believe that is what he meant. He did not mean for each follower to be crucified although some were. He meant it in the same was as Gal 2:20. Persecution by Judaism would 'crucify' believers.

Interplanner

Your opinion of what you think the Bible says. You choose to take this part as literal.

Seeing the point yet?

How is your cross coming along? Oak? Birch?

Obviously in Gal 2:20, the Gospel 'crucifies' Paul to the world of Judaism and that 'world' to him. It is being used as a figure of speech.

musterion

How is your cross coming along? Oak? Birch?

Obviously in Gal 2:20, the Gospel 'crucifies' Paul to the world of Judaism and that 'world' to him. It is being used as a figure of speech.

Now you're flipping again.

No one here believes anything you post. You are a weasel.

Leave.

Interplanner

Now you're flipping again.

No one here believes anything you post. You are a weasel.

Leave.

Why is Lk 9 literal then? Will you die on a cross? Did all the apostles/disciples die on an actual cross?

You shouldn't leave, you should get all the piffle out of your head until there is daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.