ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4989882]You never had an "intelligent" answer for it. According to you there is only one gospel and that gospel declares that Christ died for our sins.

Jesus taught His own Gospel sorry you cannot see that in scripture.

But you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is that same gospel even though at that time the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

I do not have an agenda to prop up an error UN-like those in MAD.

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself?

Do you ever tire of forcing your opinion on scripture ?

Interplanner

He announced he brought the 'time of God's favor' as did Is 61, and Paul in 2 Cor 6. So that is why he interrupts them at 9:43 as they are 'drunk' on marveling about miracles. They knew they were getting a crucified Christ, but wanted the miracle/wonder Christ instead.

Nothing made up about it, just actually following the account instead of lifting out one verse because it fits some foreign system of thought, like Jerry.

Nor is this the only place this issue is raked. It's in a couple spots in John, and there is mass desertion in one of them.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But you can somehow trick your mind into believing that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is that same gospel even though at that time the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

Jesus' gospel is a gospel about life, eternal life, not his death. Death is not necessarily good news even though it happens.

No one has been saved by Jesus' death. Reconciled is not salvation.

Jerry Shugart

No one has been saved by Jesus' death.

How could you possibly be on this forum so long and still not even understand the most important doctrine found in the entire Bible- that we are redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus?:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

Jerry Shugart

Jesus taught His own Gospel sorry you cannot see that in scripture.

Why won't you address what I said to you earlier?

According to you there is only one gospel and that gospel declares that Christ died for our sins. But you say that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is that same gospel even though at that time the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

dodge

According to you there is only one gospel and that gospel declares that Christ died for our sins. But you say that the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 is that same gospel even though at that time the Twelve did not even know the Lord Jesus was going to die.

I HAVE NEVER said ANYTHING about the gospel the disciples preached at Luke 9:6 is ANYTHING ! That is YOU saying I said, and I believe that is called lying.

What I did say was the Apostles AFTER the D.B.R. resurrection and ascension they all preached the Gospel of grace.

You are fracturing and dividing scripture where scripture itself does NOT.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep, it's not even debatable.
Why will they not humble themselves and admit it?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Abel was saved by grace through faith the same as everyone else.

Abel was saved by "Faith" in God's Mercy and Love... but only when Jesus was born of a Virgin and then died, was buried and resurrected (John 10:18) that things "began" to be revealed. It wasn't until a man named Saul who collected coats at the "Stoning of Stephen" had a run in with the "ALMIGHTY" that the full culmination of John 3:16 was understood.

Heb. 11 makes this enormously clear as it specifies that all waited for the fulfillment of the promise.

A person can be promised a great deal of money, but if they have to wait 20 years to receive it and must trust that the provision will occur, it isn't implied "how" that promise will be fulfilled.

Do you follow? Does that dispensationally gel with you?

Jerry Shugart

I HAVE NEVER said ANYTHING about the gospel the disciples preached at Luke 9:6 is ANYTHING ! That is YOU saying I said, and I believe that is called lying.

You said that there is only one gospel.

And when I showed you that the gospel at Luke 9:6 is not the same gospel which declares that Christ died for our sins you call me a liar.

I see this all the time. When someone cannot answer the message they attack the messenger.

dodge

You said that there is only one gospel.

And when I showed you that the gospel at Luke 9:6 is not the same gospel which declares that Christ died for our sins you call me a liar.

I see this all the time. When someone cannot answer the message they attack the messenger.

Jerry, there is a maturing and acceptance process that everyone goes through when they hear and see something new. It was no different with the Gospel. It is the same Gospel that many rejected while a few accepted, but make no mistake there is only one Gospel.

dodge

:chuckle:

1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

I agree with Paul he taught that there is only "one"gospel.

Eph3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: