The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
AnderN20170418_low.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
just out of curiosity, and bearing in mind that the last eight years of ineffectual "diplomacy" by bammy's state department has brought us to this, what do you suggest Trump might do differently?

Obama's diplomacy wasn't ineffectual, it was rational in the face of an extremely complicated international problem.

As it stands now, "The Washington Post Tokyo bureau chief last night suggested on Twitter that people in the region are more worried about rash action from President Trump than North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, which is really quite an achievement if you think about it."

Here's President Obama last year:

"But it's not something that lends itself to an easy solution," Mr. Obama said. "We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals. But aside from the humanitarian costs of that, they are right next door to our vital ally, Republic of Korea."
Mr. Obama explained how the U.S. has been preparing to fend off threats from North Korea.
"One of the things that we have been doing is spending a lot more time positioning our missile defense systems, so that even as we try to resolve the underlying problem of nuclear development inside of North Korea, we're also setting up a shield that can at least block the relatively low-level threats that they're posing right now," Mr. Obama said.

One of the comments following that article gave me a chuckle:

Donald would have sent the 6th Fleet division 7F into the Yellow Sea, up into The Bay of Korea, launched a couple of hundred Amazon Prime deliveries into Pyongyang to warm things up then followed it up with a fruit basket from an Ohio-class sub to micro-Kim with a love note from Dennis Rodman attached to it.

Then Donald woke up from his dream only to realize again, like every night since Nov 9th that it was just a dream and that most of America still thinks he's a Cheetos-colored nitwit.

:chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Obama's diplomacy wasn't ineffectual, it was rational ...

i spose you could claim it wasn't ineffectual if bammy's intent was to allow Nork to develop nukes and ICBMs :idunno:

so here we are, eight years later, and that "rational and effectual" policy of our former affirmative action wunderkind has led us to a Nork with nukes and ICBMs

now what?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump on China and North Korea: "[President Xi] then went into the history of China and Korea....And Korea actually used to be a part of China. And after listening for 10 minutes I realized that it’s not so easy. You know I felt pretty strongly that they have a tremendous power over China....But it’s not what you would think."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
i spose you could claim it wasn't ineffectual if bammy's intent was to allow Nork to develop nukes and ICBMs :idunno:

so here we are, eight years later, and that "rational and effectual" policy of our former affirmative action wunderkind has led us to a Nork with nukes and ICBMs

now what?

North Korea started its nuclear program on Reagan's watch, and conducted its first nuclear test on Bush 43's watch.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
so your answer to "now what" is "invent a time machine"?

I'll guide you to what you're pretending you don't already know: Obama didn't "lead us to a Nork with nukes." It's a decades-old problem, and Trump can't fix it either.

And it seems that South Koreans are much more concerned about Trump doing something stupid than Kim Jong-Un doing something stupid.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi Kat. Thank you. :) The thread does have its moments. :chuckle:

I don't know much about the market - actually, I should say I don't know anything about the market.

It is not much different than a farmer's market. If you are selling tomatoes, you want to get the best price. If you sold your tomatoes yesterday, you would have gotten a good price, but today, they are selling low, so, one has to try and sell them on another market day, keeping in mind they might become over ripe and spoil.

Arthur Brain

the difference between my posts and your post

my posts: make you look like a retard

your post: makes you look like a retard

:think: how about that? there is no difference :banana:

Man, all you manage to continually do is make yourself look like a feeble, bitter little dipstick with a witless obsession with the word 'retard'.

:kookoo:

WizardofOz

It looks as if imminent war with North Korea is on the horizon. Thank God we have a President like Donald J. Trump in charge at this point in history. Both Clinton and Obama basically ignored North Korea while in office and as a result, North Korea was allowed Carte Blanche to continue to raise the ante militarily.

Now our Nation is at a crossroads, ought we to attack N. Korea's Missile bases now or wait until they have a viable ICBM in which to mount a Nuclear warhead? Both Russia and China seem to think we should "stand down" at this point, for obvious reasons. Our military MUST stay in that area of the world at least as a deterrent to North Korea's plans to destroy the U.S. and some of our allies.

At this point, we ought to stand by and be patient. At least we're right at their doorstep and ready.
Personally, I believe we ought to abandon our position so far as Syria goes. Syria is a "Hot button" so far as Russia is concerned. We ought to concentrate our focus entirely on N. Korea, for they are a clear and present danger to us and our allies. We dare not spread ourselves too thin at this juncture. Germany lost WW2 because they were fighting two separate fronts simultaneously. We know have Japanese ships in the vicinity, however, it's a shame that more of our allies are not backing us up, as well. It looks like there's a better chance of war now than during the "Cuban Missile Crisis" in the early sixties.

Just to clear, if Trump focuses more on Syria than he does North Korea that would be a miscalculation as far as you are concerned. Does that sound accurate?

Arthur Brain

I'll guide you to what you're pretending you don't already know: Obama didn't "lead us to a Nork with nukes." It's a decades-old problem, and Trump can't fix it either.

And it seems that South Koreans are much more concerned about Trump doing something stupid than Kim Jong-Un doing something stupid.

With good reason. South Korea will bear the brunt of the fallout...