ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

God's Truth

Was 'government' your idea or a translation? 'economia' is usually a dispensation, an arrangement, a management, a way of running a household...

I choose that particular translation out of many because it revealed more truth to me, and it coincides with Isaiah 9:6.

Weymouth New Testament
for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

Interplanner

I choose that particular translation out of many because it revealed more truth to me, and it coincides with Isaiah 9:6.

Weymouth New Testament
for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

OK, that's fine. Again, so long as you detach from any one government here on earth. 'Reign' might be better (it IS better for 'basileiu') because then it is not about a civic authority with GPS boundary coordinates. It is a force, an authority. Or like Rom 1: a power. The Gospel is a power out there in the world that cannot be undone because it is historic fact.

This 'reign' of Christ began at his resurrection, Acts 2, as the enthronement David envisioned. Thus the same power that caused that event is also at work in us individually, not only in this age but the one that is coming.

Right Divider

Body part
'Government' may be OK, so long as you keep detached from this world--a government on this world. More important, is that the context says this is already true in this age as well as the next.

I hope RD is viewing because I would add this to the Jn 4 and Heb 9 about those things which are overlapping now and will be totally true in the future in a way that cannot happen now. I had forgot this one.
:rotfl:
Matt 19:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 25:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

SaulToPaul 2

:rotfl:
Matt 19:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 25:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Yes, IP is Bible illiterate, and the clown of TOL.

God's Truth

OK, that's fine. Again, so long as you detach from any one government here on earth. 'Reign' might be better (it IS better for 'basileiu') because then it is not about a civic authority with GPS boundary coordinates. It is a force, an authority. Or like Rom 1: a power. The Gospel is a power out there in the world that cannot be undone because it is historic fact.

This 'reign' of Christ began at his resurrection, Acts 2, as the enthronement David envisioned. Thus the same power that caused that event is also at work in us individually, not only in this age but the one that is coming.

I must say that you are arguing about words and should not be. Who would think that Jesus is a ruler over just one government?

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

We also do not have to learn another language to know God's Truth.

God's Truth

Hi and where is that verse FOUND ??

dan p

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Matthew 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins."

John 1:36
When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

DAN P

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Matthew 1:21
She will give birth to a son, and you shall give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins."

John 1:36
When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

Hi and where is the MUSTERION / MYSTERY in those verses ??

Christ death is predicted , beginning in Gen 3:15 and through the bible !!

You are the MYSTERY !!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and where is the MUSTERION / MYSTERY in those verses ??

Christ death is predicted , beginning in Gen 3:15 and through the bible !!

You are the MYSTERY !!

dan p

Jesus being the Lamb that takes away sins for everyone was the mystery.

DAN P

Jesus being the Lamb that takes away sins for everyone was the mystery.

Hi and where is that verse where Jesus death was a MUSTERION / MYSTERY and it was a PROPHECY !!

Do you know what PROPHECY , means ??

In other words it is not a MYSTERY !!

dan p