The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Arthur Brain

no, of course not

not in a discussion about a nuclear Nork and trump's possible military responses

how silly of me to think that :dizzy:

Yes, it was. South Korea are concerned about military provocations/actions from the US because of the reprisals they're likely to face in turn.

Do the math for once instead of expending all your energy into being a troll.

:doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
i'd like to introduce him to this guy i know who mumbles all sorts of weird things about "compacts" and then tucks tail and runs when questioned
You don't say...of course you do.

I know this guy who pretends to want conversation about all sorts of things, but all he really seems to want is more of my attention. And when he gets it, well, he doesn't know what to do with it.

I suppose he's waiting for me to tell him what to do with it. :eek: Maybe this will do.

fool

Hall of Fame
With good reason. South Korea will bear the brunt of the fallout...

Here's the bottom line: We're 20 trillion in debt and we have 30,000 military people over in South Korea.
Just standing around.
Trump is a businessman. When you've had 30,000 destruction workers standing around a project for 50 plus years and haven't destroyed anything a leader needs to ask the question: "what are those guys doing over there?".
And "nothing" is not a good answer. In the States we have a saying: "piss or get off the pot". South Korea is not poor. They can have their own people stand around doing nothing if they want. We are out of money. Gravy train is shutting down.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This 'debt' thing is a bit misunderstood. Many of us hold US treasury bonds. The debt is not all spent on other countries and is not owned by other countries. If the US Treasury went into default, much of the world would go broke.

fool

Hall of Fame
This 'debt' thing is a bit misunderstood. Many of us hold US treasury bonds. The debt is not all spent on other countries and is not owned by other countries. If the US Treasury went into default, much of the world would go broke.

I don't think it's a good idea to be 100% of GDP in the hole.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
When you've had 30,000 destruction workers standing around a project for 50 plus years ....

a good analogy, but i like this one better

when you've had 30,000 zookeepers surrounding a zoo enclosure containing a poisonous snake for 50 plus years, and the last zoo administrator has allowed the snake to develop the ability to strike outside his enclosure, isn't it time to kill the snake?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
right - this all developed out you being too cowardly to answer my direct question at pj's thread: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?124124-They-Made-Me-Gay&p=4983086&viewfull=1#post4983086
Or, describing what actually happened, I stopped reading and answering the king of "retard!" and "seek Christ" and you, being the clueless (did you ever get it? :eek:) doofi that you largely are decided to try to goad me with that description and a call out thread. :plain:

As with life, it doesn't appear to have worked out for you.

fool

Hall of Fame
a good analogy, but i like this one better

when you've had 30,000 zookeepers surrounding a zoo enclosure containing a poisonous snake for 50 plus years, and the last zoo administrator has allowed the snake to develop the ability to strike outside his enclosure, isn't it time to kill the snake?

Or tell China to. It's their snake.

fool

Hall of Fame
i'm waiting for them to get bit by their own snake

or at least to realize they can't control it any more

I think they can control it just fine but what's the point?
What is the use of a North Korea? It's just a useless, backwards, money pit for everyone.
We could have two South Koreas. South Korea is the 11th largest economy, right behind Canada and right ahead of Russia!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
If we start now North Korea could be a nice place in 50 years.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ok, looked at them.
Is it good to be 100% plus GDP in the hole?

Well it id more than asking me if I eat Popsicles.

It is not as bad as it looks on the face. You see how many 'first world' countries are near our debt. Saudi Arabia has a very low ratio because they have little infrastructure spending and little international expenses. I doubt we will ever be that way.