are you a feminist?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
70% of Women Who Get Abortions Identify as Christians, Survey Finds

Over 40 percent of women who have had an abortion say they were frequent churchgoers at the time they ended their pregnancies and about a half of them say they kept their abortions hidden from church members, new LifeWay Research shows.

In a survey released Monday that was sponsored by the pregnancy center support organization Care Net, researchers from the Christian research group LifeWay found that about 70 percent of women who had an abortion self-identified as Christians, while 43 percent say they attended a Christian church at least once per month or more at the time they aborted their child.

The results abstinence only and stigmatization ...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
70% of Women Who Get Abortions Identify as Christians, Survey Finds

Over 40 percent of women who have had an abortion say they were frequent churchgoers at the time they ended their pregnancies and about a half of them say they kept their abortions hidden from church members, new LifeWay Research shows.

In a survey released Monday that was sponsored by the pregnancy center support organization Care Net, researchers from the Christian research group LifeWay found that about 70 percent of women who had an abortion self-identified as Christians, while 43 percent say they attended a Christian church at least once per month or more at the time they aborted their child.

:think:

you used to self identify as a Christian

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Nor have I ... though the several high school girls I knew who DID attended my private Christian school. Two of them were accompanied by a parent ... and instructed to keep it *hush hushed*.

And I know of Christian girls who got abortions because getting an abortion was less scary to them than being kicked out of their house by their parents who threatened that if they ever got themselves pregnant not to come home.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I know of Christian girls who got abortions because getting an abortion was less scary to them than being kicked out of their house by their parents who threatened that if they ever got themselves pregnant not to come home.

Abortion is ALWAYS the wrong response. Interestingly enough, patience and a willingness to show compassion would alleviate at least half of the abortions performed.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Abortion is ALWAYS the wrong response. Interestingly enough, patience and a willingness to show compassion would alleviate at least half of the abortions performed.

I also know someone whose mother was raped and she carried the baby to term. That must have been a hard thing for the mother to do, but I know and love the baby she bore.

ClimateSanity

Nope, you're falling back on the No True Scotsman fallacy, and you know it.

That's the thing about you, I know you know what you're doing, you just like seeing if you can get away with it.
Jesus followed the no true Scotsman principle. He said you would know them by their fruits. Not all Christians who get abortions are fooling themselves but most of them are I would say.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I know this is true because in my day this was almost universally true. When i was still a child, a girl becoming pregnant was ran out of town on a rail!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know this is true because in my day this was almost universally true. When i was still a child, a girl becoming pregnant was ran out of town on a rail!

Sad ... and not at all a prolife response. It was the same in my day as well, Kat, and I expect that pro-stigmatization attitude still exists.