My convictions of my faith in Christ.

God's Truth

See you're not looking at it the same as I am. I've said the world will look after itself. The world will fight and war and all of that belongs to the world. But those who belong to God are not of this world. We shouldn't be fighting with weapons of this world. Paul said that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. Our weapons are our loins girt about with the truth, the helmet of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness, the sheild of faith, and the sword of the spirit which is the word of God. And he said that our feet should be be shod with the preparation of the gospel of Peace.

Gospel of Peace not war. As I said, I don't believe that God's people should take up arms. We are here to help to save others through Christ, not to kill others.

Ephesians 6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.*For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high*places.*Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.*Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;*And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;*Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And if I accidently kill with a vase, then it is just that, an accident. But I didn't go out with the intention to kill another!

Again, you did not address the scriptures where Jesus helped a man with many soldiers. You also do not grasp that Paul says wrong doers will be punished. You also would hurt someone with a household utensil? You also seem to think that no police or military should be Christian. Can you imagine how crooked all of them would be?

marhig

Again, you did not address the scriptures where Jesus helped a man with many soldiers. You also do not grasp that Paul says wrong doers will be punished. You also would hurt someone with a household utensil? You also seem to think that no police or military should be Christian. Can you imagine how crooked all of them would be?

Did I mention the police? Over here our police don't have guns, I think you can be in the police service without having to kill.

And because Jesus helped a man with many soldiers, does that make it right for God's people to kill? I would help soldiers too! But that doesn't mean I agree with violence and killing others.

And God will do the punishing, I leave that in his hands.

Truster

Terror, murder, mayhem and war is a sword in the hands of the Eternal Almighty. “There is no peace unto the wicked says my Elohim”.

The Almighty uses the wicked to slay the wicked.

"Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him". Psalm 140:11

Last edited:

God's Truth

Did I mention the police? Over here our police don't have guns,

If you are against force then you are against the police.
I think that there are some specially trained police in your country that carry firearms.
It is not just about guns anyway.

I think you can be in the police service without having to kill.
Sometimes they have to, and I am sure the police in your country have killed bad people.

And because Jesus helped a man with many soldiers, does that make it right for God's people to kill?

Jesus did not tell the man that he was doing wrong. John the baptizer did not tell the soldiers to give up their job either.

And God will do the punishing, I leave that in his hands.

What don't you get about we have the law for bad people and are able to use force to control the masses?

marhig

If you are against force then you are against the police.
I think that there are some specially trained police in your country that carry firearms.
It is not just about guns anyway.

Sometimes they have to, and I am sure the police in your country have killed bad people.

Jesus did not tell the man that he was doing wrong. John the baptizer did not tell the soldiers to give up their job either.

What don't you get about we have the law for bad people and are able to use force to control the masses?
And why can't you get it that I'm not talking about the law, that is what what the world is governed by. But I'm saying that I believe that those born of God should not take up arms to fight others. Why can't you see what I'm saying?

And John the Baptist still told the soldiers to do violence to no man, and Jesus taught not to kill and use violence too. And one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill!

I'm not talking about those who don't know God, but those who are born of God and walk in the Spirit.

How can you not see what I'm saying?

God's Truth

And why can't you get it that I'm not talking about the law, that is what what the world is governed by. But I'm saying that I believe that those born of God should not take up arms to fight others. Why can't you see what I'm saying?

And John the Baptist still told the soldiers to do violence to no man, and Jesus taught not to kill and use violence too. And one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill!

I'm not talking about those who don't know God, but those who are born of God and walk in the Spirit.

How can you not see what I'm saying?

John was explaining not to be a crooked soldier. Soldiers will have to be violent at some point. There were guards who wiped people and tortured them and put people to death.

You give too many mixed messages.

Tell me, what do you think this scripture means:

1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

marhig

John was explaining not to be a crooked soldier. Soldiers will have to be violent at some point. There were guards who wiped people and tortured them and put people to death.

You give too many mixed messages.

Tell me, what do you think this scripture means:

1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

No GT John said do violence to NO man. None! And if we ask what should we do, we'd get the same answer, because that's what God wants his people to do according to John the Baptist, Jesus and Paul anyway!

Jesus came in peace. The weapon he used was the sword of the spirit! You can't preach obedience and then deny what is clearly in the scriptures.

And that scripture, regarding a sin into death. We can ask God for life for those who sin a sin not into death, because there are those who will listen about the things of God, and that life is the wisdom of the spirit to help them. But blasphemy is a sin into death, because people who blaspheme reject God and can't live, so they are sinning into death, how can we help those who refuse God and blaspheme the spirit? We can't. We can only live it out before them, hope that one day they will hear God's word.

God's Truth

No GT John said do violence to NO man. None!

No, John did not say that. John was saying do not harm someone in a crooked manner.

And if we ask what should we do, we'd get the same answer, because that's what God wants his people to do!

Leave me alone now about it because you are seriously wrong, for you even said yourself that you would get violent with someone hurting your child or elderly parent.
And that scripture, regarding a sin into death. We can ask God for life for those who sin a sin not into death, because there are those who will listen about the things of God, and that life is the wisdom of the spirit to help them. But blasphemy is a sin into death, because people who blaspheme reject God and can't live, so they are sinning into death, how can we help those who refuse God and blaspheme the spirit? We can't. We can only live it out before them, hope that one day they will hear God's word.

That is not what that scripture means.

The scripture is about if you see a brother or sister sin that leads to death---not to pray that they not be put to death by the authorities.

marhig

No, John did not say that. John was saying do not harm someone in a crooked manner.

Leave me alone now about it because you are seriously wrong, for you even said yourself that you would get violent with someone hurting your child or elderly parent.

That is not what that scripture means.

The scripture is about if you see a brother or sister sin that leads to death---not to pray that they not be put to death by the authorities.
Oh no, is that what you see that scripture as meaning?. No GT it doesn't mean that. It's spiritual and he's talking about spiritual death not natural death!

And your saying John didn't say that, yes he did. Here are his exact words

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, DO VIOLENCE TO NO MAN, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages

And if you don't want to speak about it, ok. You could just stop bringing it up! But you can't tell me that John didn't say or mean that, when that's exactly what he says, and then expect me to say nothing!

God's Truth

Soldiers may use force---they are soldiers! John was explaining to them not to be crooked.

Luke 3:14 The soldiers also once and again inquired of him, "And we, what are we to do?" His answer was, "Neither intimidate any one nor lay false charges; and be content with your pay."

Matthew 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Jesus did NOT tell the centurion with soldiers not to have soldiers anymore.

Here is Romans 13 in your choice of translation, and note that it says RULERS. You want to claim it is not about established government---then tell me what RULERS it is speaking about.

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves judgment.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, an avenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil.

5Therefore you must be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience's sake.

6For, for this cause pay you tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

You also tried to tell me what I said about 1 Peter 2:14 was wrong.

I will again use your choice translation and it will speak about the government too:

Submit to All in Authority

13Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15For so is the will of God, that with well doing you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

18Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.

Now enough of your game playing by saying the scriptures are not saying what they say.

Peter is speaking to believers about how they can be punished by the government if they do wrong.

God's Truth

Oh no, is that what you see that scripture as meaning?. No GT it doesn't mean that. It's spiritual and he's talking about spiritual death not natural death!

And your saying John didn't say that, yes he did. Here are his exact words

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, DO VIOLENCE TO NO MAN, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages

And if you don't want to speak about it, ok. You could just stop bringing it up! But you can't tell me that John didn't say or mean that, when that's exactly what he says, and then expect me to say nothing!

You said you would do violence. So you stop bringing it up.

marhig

Soldiers may use force---they are soldiers! John was explaining to them not to be crooked.

Luke 3:14 The soldiers also once and again inquired of him, "And we, what are we to do?" His answer was, "Neither intimidate any one nor lay false charges; and be content with your pay."

Matthew 8:8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Jesus did NOT tell the centurion with soldiers not to have soldiers anymore.

Here is Romans 13 in your choice of translation, and note that it says RULERS. You want to claim it is not about established government---then tell me what RULERS it is speaking about.

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves judgment.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Will you then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and you shall have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, an avenger to execute wrath upon him that does evil.

5Therefore you must be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience's sake.

6For, for this cause pay you tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

You also tried to tell me what I said about 1 Peter 2:14 was wrong.

I will again use your choice translation and it will speak about the government too:

Submit to All in Authority

13Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;

14Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

15For so is the will of God, that with well doing you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

17Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

18Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.

Now enough of your game playing by saying the scriptures are not saying what they say.

Peter is speaking to believers about how they can be punished by the government if they do wrong.
Again, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying! I know that there will be armed forces and soldiers, but they is of the world, and God's laws are higher than those of man, and we listen God before man! So when he says thou shalt not kill, and a man tells us to kill, we are to listen to God first, regardless of what happens to us.

If the soldiers who heard John had of obeyed him, they would lay down their weapons and turn from violence, regardless of what they went through because of that. That's what we are to do, lay down our lives and obey God!

So GT, we have to obey the laws of man, and I agree with that, but what if they go against God? Do you still obey them?

God's Truth

Again, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying! I know that there will be armed forces and soldiers, but they is of the world, and God's laws are higher than those of man, and we listen God before man! So when he says thou shalt not kill, and a man tells us to kill, we are to listen to God first, regardless of what happens to us.

If the soldiers who heard John had of obeyed him, they would lay down their weapons and turn from violence, regardless of what they went through because of that. That's what we are to do, lay down our lives and obey God!

So GT, we have to obey the laws of man, and I agree with that, but what if they go against God? Do you still obey them?

No, they are not of the world.

Now please stop talking to me about this.

marhig

That is a joke.
Nope I'm not joking, if a man came into my house with a knife and went to kill my family, I'd do whatever I had to do to stop him.

But that is totally different to me knowing God and walking in the Spirit, then joining an army, and going out and training to kill others.

I don't believe that it's right for those born of God to do this, you do. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

And I'm just about to go out with my daughter anyway.

Truster

Nope I'm not joking, if a man came into my house with a knife and went to kill my family, I'd do whatever I had to do to stop him.

But that is totally different to me knowing God and walking in the Spirit, then joining an army, and going out and training to kill others.

I don't believe that it's right for those born of God to do this, you do. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

And I'm just about to go out with my daughter anyway.

Why do you use the hypothetical "if" ( if a man came into...) It must be because you think that the Almighty wishes to bring evil upon you. Do you think, for a single second, that a weapon could protect you or your family if He did?

You have a dread or fear of evil and the scripture says, "What the wicked dreads will come to him,"...