My convictions of my faith in Christ.

eider

Was that because Jesus and his dad helped rebuild Sepphoris?

Yes, they both did!
Tetrarch Herod Antipas wanted to rebuild Sepphoris (Zippori) after Varus had razed it to the ground, enslaved all women and children and crucified all the males, (back in 4-3BC).

That was why the hilltop communities surrounding Sepphoris were so busy, housing Handworkers, Hauliers and Labourers.

But that cannot have much to do with supporting weapons and fighting, can it?

eider

Jesus saw the result of rebellion against the Roman authority so he cautioned his brethren against violence toward the Romans. It was futile and could easily get a person crucified, a horrible death he didn't wish on anyone.

The USA is not an occupied nation and we need to do all we can to keep it that way.

Jesus was not born when Sepphoris was razed, but it would have taken many years to rebuild as Antipas wanted, so as a boy/youth he would have worked there.

I am so pleased to see that mentioned...... I researched that fairly hard, once.

God's Truth

You are a liar. Lying is not obeying the LORD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using TOL mobile app

Prove it then and tell me do we have to obey anything that Jesus commands in the four books?

You call me a liar then you had better prove it.

Tell us all what we have to obey that Jesus said in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

I can hardly wait to hear this one. Hurry up false accuser. You were quick to lie about me by calling me a liar. Prove it now.

I want to hear what you say we have to obey that Jesus taught while he walked the earth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 14:15 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 “If you love me, keep my commands.

John 14:21 New International Version (NIV)

21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

John 15:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

eider

No, I don't go by creeds or denominations.

But I accept all of the Bible, unlike Meshak who rejects what doesn't fit her incorrect ideas.

You seem to think highly of her, but you should not.

We don't criticize her for no reason. She is an unbeliever by all indications from her posts here on TOL.

Hi....
Thankyou for your reply.
The thing is, that most Christians would say that they accept all of the bible. But you know I speak the truth when I tell you that those same Christians argue with each other, claim that each other is doomed, insult each other etc.

In fact there are over 3000 differing Creeds, Churches and Denominations. I have a list of the larger denominations and it is huge! They all think that they are right.

So, look at it this way..... even if a thousand Creeds would call you 'true', at least a couple of thousand would declare you damned.

I have to let my inner self decide for me, who to listen to, who to 'love' if you like.

In Domino Confide :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But that cannot have much to do with supporting weapons and fighting, can it?

It demonstrated the futility of fighting the Romans and Jesus knew it was not yet time for Jerusalem and the temple to be razed.

Right Divider

Body part
Prove it then and tell me do we have to obey anything that Jesus commands in the four books?

You call me a liar then you had better prove it.

Tell us all what we have to obey that Jesus said in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

I can hardly wait to hear this one. Hurry up false accuser. You were quick to lie about me by calling me a liar. Prove it now.

I want to hear what you say we have to obey that Jesus taught while he walked the earth.
We must not LIE, like you.

Right Divider

Body part
Hi....
Thankyou for your reply.
The thing is, that most Christians would say that they accept all of the bible. But you know I speak the truth when I tell you that those same Christians argue with each other, claim that each other is doomed, insult each other etc.
Meshak has said that she does NOT accept the epistles of Paul. How can we square that with accepting ALL of the Bible?

In fact there are over 3000 differing Creeds, Churches and Denominations. I have a list of the larger denominations and it is huge! They all think that they are right.
So do you have a point? It's possible that they are all wrong.

So, look at it this way..... even if a thousand Creeds would call you 'true', at least a couple of thousand would declare you damned.
So what?

I have to let my inner self decide for me, who to listen to, who to 'love' if you like.
Well it's clear that your discernment is terrible. I hope that you someday come to a knowledge of the truth and quit being so wishy-washy.

In Domino Confide :)
So which creed did you get this from? Is Latin your first language?

marhig

Maybe you think it is sinful to catch and kill an animal to eat? Maybe you think it is sinful to have a cavity and have needles stuck in your mouth and teeth drilled on. Maybe you think it is sinful for a doctor to put you to sleep and cut you open while he removes things inside of you and sews you back up. Maybe you think it is sinful to learn how to use a gun to protect a loved one from someone wanting to severely hurt them by rape or death. How about soldiers protecting us from other countries who want to take over your country? Is it wrong when a trained police officer shoots someone who kidnapped your child?

You are looking at things totally differently to me, I'm talking about God's people, I don't believe that it's right for those born of God, to bare arms and go out purposely to war against and kill others. That's totally different to defending your family at that moment.

I wouldn't learn how to use a gun, I wouldn't even want to hold one. Do you think that you could pick up a gun and murder someone who has done nothing to you? Someone you are commanded to kill?

In war, many of those who fight are young men and women, could you pick up a gun and kill a teenager, a youngster who has done nothing to you, his crime, is that he is in another army being told to kill others as you are. I don't think that I could ever do that.

My grandfather was in world war two, his brother was killed in Dunkirk, he told me the horrors of war. And some of my family are from Belfast, I spent many weeks, over different years there as a child in the 70s at the height of the troubles, living there for a time, I have seen first hand what war does, and what hatred is like. I've seen things that a child should never see. And it's made me realise, that hatred and war and fighting are wrong, and I truly believe that it is wrong before God for God's people to enter into such things.

marhig

We are to turn our other cheek when someone strikes us so that we do not get overtaken by an evil man.

Jesus was telling us how to be safe, not how to keep the evil person safe.

You keep saying you would protect your loved ones. So tell me how you would do that if you cannot use deadly force if needed.
If someone broke into my house, I would use whatever I had at hand to protect any children there, or my mum who is elderly etc. But I wouldn't purposely bare arms to war against another.

Jesus said, those who take up the sword, shall perish by the sword.

The only sword that I'm interested in using is the sword of the spirit which is the word of God to put to death.

marhig

If it were a lawful order to which I was subject, sure. I don't see justifiable homicide as contrary to God.

It's not lawful in God's sight, he said "thou shalt not kill"

I think that you might find it a bit harder than you think if you were put into that situation. I hope and pray that you never are.

It can't be easy to take up a gun and take the life of another, they have a family and a life, people who love them. I just don't think i could ever take another life. And I hope that I'm never put in that position.

I don't know if I've ever told you about hacksaw ridge, it's about a young man who joins the army in WW2 but because he believes in God he refuses to take up weapons. Have you ever seen it? It's a true story. I hope that thats the heart that I would have if I had to ever go into a war zone.

https://youtu.be/9BqgHYLvHIE

Truster

If any evil befalls a person it is sent by the Almighty. It might be for correction or for destruction. If the Almighty is going to bring dread, terror and evil upon you to destruction, all the guns in the world, will not protect you. If it's for correction then He will have His way, no matter how you try and resist or ignore His correction.

"But let him that halaleth halal in this, that he comprehendeth and knoweth me, that I-Yah Veh work mercy, judgement and justice in the earth: for in these I delight, an Oracle of Yah Veh". Jeremiah 9:24

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If any evil befalls a person it is sent by the Almighty. It might be for correction or for destruction. If the Almighty is going to bring dread, terror and evil upon you to destruction, all the guns in the world, will not protect you. If it's for correction then He will have His way, no matter how you try and resist or ignore His correction.

"But let him that halaleth halal in this, that he comprehendeth and knoweth me, that I-Yah Veh work mercy, judgement and justice in the earth: for in these I delight, an Oracle of Yah Veh". Jeremiah 9:24

Your majority accepted faith will not get you into narrow gate.

Remember Jesus says narrow is the get that leads to life and only a few find it.

God's Truth

If someone broke into my house, I would use whatever I had at hand to protect any children there, or my mum who is elderly etc. But I wouldn't purposely bare arms to war against another.

Jesus said, those who take up the sword, shall perish by the sword.

The only sword that I'm interested in using is the sword of the spirit which is the word of God to put to death.

So how would you stop an intruder?
You keep putting down the police and the military. I am not saying all police and military only do right, but we need them because not all people are believers and there are many evil people out there. The law is for the wrong doers.
I don't want to talk to you about this anymore because you give mixed messages and you will not address the scriptures about how Jesus did not tell the man with many soldiers under him to stop having soldiers. I don't want to talk to you about it anymore because you say you would use what you got to stop someone, but you don't believe in baring arms. If you accidentally kill them with a heavy vase or something like that then what? If we did not have a military, could we have not been taken over by another country by now, maybe an Islamic country?

God's Truth

We must not LIE, like you.

Why won't you prove it like I asked? Tell me do we have to obey anything that Jesus commands in the four books? You do not answer because you know you do not believe we have to obey anything that Jesus says in the four books. If you believe we do then say it.

marhig

So how would you stop an intruder?
You keep putting down the police and the military. I am not saying all police and military only do right, but we need them because not all people are believers and there are many evil people out there. The law is for the wrong doers.
I don't want to talk to you about this anymore because you give mixed messages and you will not address the scriptures about how Jesus did not tell the man with many soldiers under him to stop having soldiers. I don't want to talk to you about it anymore because you say you would use what you got to stop someone, but you don't believe in baring arms. If you accidentally kill them with a heavy vase or something like that then what? If we did not have a military, could we have not been taken over by another country by now, maybe an Islamic country?
See you're not looking at it the same as I am. I've said the world will look after itself. The world will fight and war and all of that belongs to the world. But those who belong to God are not of this world. We shouldn't be fighting with weapons of this world. Paul said that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal. Our weapons are our loins girt about with the truth, the helmet of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness, the sheild of faith, and the sword of the spirit which is the word of God. And he said that our feet should be be shod with the preparation of the gospel of Peace.

Gospel of Peace not war. As I said, I don't believe that God's people should take up arms. We are here to help to save others through Christ, not to kill others.

Ephesians 6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And if I accidently kill with a vase, then it is just that, an accident. But I didn't go out with the intention to kill another!