If Christ Be Not Raised, Your Faith Is In Vain, 1 Corinthians 15:17.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the heart of the Christian faith. If there is no Gospel there is no Holy Spirit. If there is no Holy Spirit there is no salvation. The Gospel is the entrance into the Kingdom of God. Those that embrace Christ's Gospel as their only means of salvation posses the Holy Spirit and have been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Gospel, without the resurrection of Jesus Christ there is no salvation for anyone, this is why Paul wrote,

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching in vain and your faith is also in vain. Yea and we are found to be false witnesses of God: because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is Christ not raised: and if Christ be not raised, YOUR FAITH IS IN VAIN; and you are still in your sins. Then they also which have fallen asleep in Christ have perished" 1 Corinthians 15:14-18.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is God's stamp of approval on the life and death of Jesus Christ. If there had been one jot or tittle of the law that Jesus did not fulfill, Matthew 5:18. Or one sin that Jesus had not atoned for, Jesus would still be in Joseph's new tomb and we would all still be in our sins and without hope.

Thankfully, Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil and made it possible for us to be saved.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

Because Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. There is now no other name under heaven given among men whereby that we can be saved, Acts 4:12. Not in the name of John Calvin. Not in the name of the Catholic church. Not in the name of any religion can anyone be saved. Jesus saves and saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

It is through the Gospel that we have been reconciled to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. In the Gospel Jesus has put to death our old Adamic nature and his brought forth a new creation in the resurrection.

"If any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God now sees us as "New creations" in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. God and his Son Jesus Christ like new things. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and we will be new creations in Jesus Christ. Religion is man's attempt to rehabilitate man's old sinful nature and make it acceptable to God. That is NOT what God does. What he does is he puts the old Adamic race to death in Jesus Christ and defeats the devil. He then brings forth a new humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 6:1-13.

In Jesus Christ we have lived, died and have been resurrected. This is why Paul could say, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
There are many on the Forum that do not see the significance of Christ's resurrection. They have vain faith or no faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is our faith in Christ and his Gospel that makes his Gospel our Gospel. Paul referred to the Gospel as HIS Gospel.

"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY Gospel" Romans 2:16.

We make the Gospel of Jesus Christ our Gospel by faith in Christ and his work of salvation that was done in our name and on our behalf. Is the Gospel your Gospel? Have you died and been resurrected with Jesus Christ? Romans 6:4. Are you one of God's new creations in Jesus Christ? 2 Corinthians 5:17. If not, you really don't have a right to call yourself a Christian. Chances are that you have not been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23 and are a counterfeit. Counterfeits will never see the Kingdom of God, simply because they have not been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Truster

I can tell a counterfeit when they use the terms: Jesus, God, gospel, faith. It proves they are using words parrot fashion and have never scratched the surface to find out if what they have been told is true.
You have picked up terms along they way, but you are clueless as to what they mean and what they meant to those that first heard them and what they signify to those of us who still hear them.
When I read the KJV or any other translation the terms used are exchanged for true words with powerful significance. It is as natural as breathing to me, because my love of the truth runs deep and I have witnessed the end of those that refuse the truth.

You quote the scriptures, but you don't love the truth, nor those that speak the truth. You are of the same spirit as the pharisees and scribes. The Apostles faced more violent persecution from proselytes than any others. You are a proselyte.

Zeke

There are many on the Forum that do not see the significance of Christ's resurrection. They have vain faith or no faith in Christ and his Gospel. It is our faith in Christ and his Gospel that makes his Gospel our Gospel. Paul referred to the Gospel as HIS Gospel.

"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY Gospel" Romans 2:16.

We make the Gospel of Jesus Christ our Gospel by faith in Christ and his work of salvation that was done in our name and on our behalf. Is the Gospel your Gospel? Have you died and been resurrected with Jesus Christ? Romans 6:4. Are you one of God's new creations in Jesus Christ? 2 Corinthians 5:17. If not, you really don't have a right to call yourself a Christian. Chances are that you have not been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23 and are a counterfeit. Counterfeits will never see the Kingdom of God, simply because they have not been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.
Trouble is you believe all that took place outside you in history. the letter/ shadow taken literally kills the spiritual intent.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Zeke

I can tell a counterfeit when they use the terms: Jesus, God, gospel, faith. It proves they are using words parrot fashion and have never scratched the surface to find out if what they have been told is true.
You have picked up terms along they way, but you are clueless as to what they mean and what they meant to those that first heard them and what they signify to those of us who still hear them.
When I read the KJV or any other translation the terms used are exchanged for true words with powerful significance. It is as natural as breathing to me, because my love of the truth runs deep and I have witnessed the end of those that refuse the truth.

You quote the scriptures, but you don't love the truth, nor those that speak the truth. You are of the same spirit as the pharisees and scribes. The Apostles faced more violent persecution from proselytes than any others. You are a proselyte.
I would bet that you would fail the cockle doddle do test just like Peter, you brag like a kid to convince you're own egocentric mind that you are saved.

Truster

In the OP you say, "Those that embrace Christ's Gospel as their only means of salvation" this should be expressed as "those that are embraced by the power of the Evangel/gospel". The evangel is the power of Elohim unto salvation...and as such, needs no embracing or any other help from man.

Or would you prefer:

The evangel is the power of Elohim and man unto salvation...

The evangel is the power of Elohim unto salvation as long as man agrees to be saved.

The evangel is the power of elohim unto salvation as long as man exercises his mighty free will.

I could go on here, but if this hasn't penetrated your foolish mind then you have been judicially blinded.

Truster

I would bet that you would fail the cockle doddle do test just like Peter, you brag like a kid to convince you're own egocentric mind that you are saved.

I don't gamble and I prefer to reverence the truth than disparage it.

I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was, I am and will be saved in that last day. To the praise of the glory of His grace and not by works, thoughts or imaginings.

Zeke

I didn't ask to be saved and I didn't want to be saved, but I was, I am and will be saved in that last day. To the praise of the glory of His grace and not by works, thoughts or imaginings.
When someone brags and condemns they are still worldly minded with a emotional based salvation, Divine Seeds don't need saved just woke up.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like moths to a flame.....If he is lifted up, he will draw all unto him. And it shows here on TOL.

Robert Pate

Banned

Why don't you just renounce the whole thing then? God does not save anyone that does not want to be saved. I suspect that you are a Calvinist.

beloved57

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the heart of the Christian faith. If there is no Gospel there is no Holy Spirit. If there is no Holy Spirit there is no salvation. The Gospel is the entrance into the Kingdom of God. Those that embrace Christ's Gospel as their only means of salvation posses the Holy Spirit and have been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Gospel, without the resurrection of Jesus Christ there is no salvation for anyone, this is why Paul wrote,

"And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching in vain and your faith is also in vain. Yea and we are found to be false witnesses of God: because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is Christ not raised: and if Christ be not raised, YOUR FAITH IS IN VAIN; and you are still in your sins. Then they also which have fallen asleep in Christ have perished" 1 Corinthians 15:14-18.

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is God's stamp of approval on the life and death of Jesus Christ. If there had been one jot or tittle of the law that Jesus did not fulfill, Matthew 5:18. Or one sin that Jesus had not atoned for, Jesus would still be in Joseph's new tomb and we would all still be in our sins and without hope.

Thankfully, Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil and made it possible for us to be saved.

"And having spoiled principalities and powers he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

Because Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36. There is now no other name under heaven given among men whereby that we can be saved, Acts 4:12. Not in the name of John Calvin. Not in the name of the Catholic church. Not in the name of any religion can anyone be saved. Jesus saves and saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

It is through the Gospel that we have been reconciled to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. In the Gospel Jesus has put to death our old Adamic nature and his brought forth a new creation in the resurrection.

"If any man be "In Christ" he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17.

God now sees us as "New creations" in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. God and his Son Jesus Christ like new things. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and we will be new creations in Jesus Christ. Religion is man's attempt to rehabilitate man's old sinful nature and make it acceptable to God. That is NOT what God does. What he does is he puts the old Adamic race to death in Jesus Christ and defeats the devil. He then brings forth a new humanity in his Son Jesus Christ, Romans 6:1-13.

In Jesus Christ we have lived, died and have been resurrected. This is why Paul could say, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

You teach that sinners Christ died for, and rose again for their Justification Rom 4:25 are still lost and unjustified, making Christ death and Resurrection be for naught !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for, and rose again for their Justification Rom 4:25 are still lost and unjustified, making Christ death and Resurrection be for naught !

You just happen to be one of them because you have never received Christ as your savior, John 1:12.