ECT Understand the Fall of Adam according to Covenant

DAN P

I can show you in scripture where blood was shed which applied to Adam and Eve and the blood was shed by God.

3:21
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
As in without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. God had that covered.

Why do you purposely ignore scripture and confuse yourself ?

When God told Adam NOT TO EAT from the tree of knowledge of good and evil that was a covenant God established between Himself and Adam.

Hi and it will be BLOOD to the and forever !!

These CALVINISTS should be able to say how Adam was SAVED , or are you going to explain ??

You also say how you were saved ??

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber

These CALVINISTS should be able to say how Adam was SAVED , or are you going to explain ??

This Calvinist cannot say whether Adam was ever saved or not, but this Calvinist has posted that if he was, it was according to grace through faith in the new covenant Gospel promise from God of a Savior.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ph 2:3
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Just a note so you can edit this post.
It is Eph 2:3
Your typing fingers went too fast and left of the "E".
It happens.
:e4e:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So by the time they had children they were spiritually alive. So when all of their descendants were made after the likeness of Adam they were made spiritually alive.
Yeppers.
I don't think Dodge thinks things through.
If they were spiritually alive after they were covered by GOD, that was BEFORE they conceived to have children.
Which means they did not conceive their children in a spiritually dead state of being.
I don't get how Dodge misses that point.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The animals could not have their skins removed without bleeding and dying. You ignore the obvious! Why ?
I already explained to you that GOD can make skins to cloth them with from anything or nothing, and gave scripture to support that.
So why is it that you want to keep ADDING to the scriptures of that story with some bleeding, skinned animal that GOD killed?
The story says absolutely nothing about GOD killing an animal, spilling it's blood or being skinned. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT IT, except the words you keep ADDING to the story.

dodge

I already explained to you that GOD can make skins to cloth them with from anything or nothing, and gave scripture to support that.
So why is it that you want to keep ADDING to the scriptures of that story with some bleeding, skinned animal that GOD killed?
The story says absolutely nothing about GOD killing an animal, spilling it's blood or being skinned. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT IT, except the words you keep ADDING to the story.

NO matter how you spin it there is no way animal skins could have covered them if the animals were not killed. Scripture says God prepared then skins for clothes NOT He created out of nothing for them. It is not I that adds to scripture that would be YOU.

Gen 3:21
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

dodge

Yeppers.
I don't think Dodge thinks things through.
If they were spiritually alive after they were covered by GOD, that was BEFORE they conceived to have children.
Which means they did not conceive their children in a spiritually dead state of being.
I don't get how Dodge misses that point.

I meant they were forgiven through the sacrifice that God performed for . The only way anyone gets saved NT or OT is through the blood of Jesus Christ.

dodge

You also say how you were saved ??

dan p

dan, you asked the same question a long time back and I answered it. I am not going to keep answering the same question over and over.

dodge

Yes, by the time when they had children they were spiritually alive. And all of their descendants were made in his likeness, being spiritually alive.

If you cannot understand that the result of Adam's disobedience is the following There is not much point in discussing it with you.

Rom 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

No one dies unless they sin is a given. Explain how a one day old baby dies if it is not a result of sin ? I would believe since no one day baby knows anything it is a result of that baby having a "sin nature" inherited from Adam.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adam's Ultimate State of Salvation

Adam's Ultimate State of Salvation

This Calvinist cannot say whether Adam was ever saved or not, but this Calvinist has posted that if he was, it was according to grace through faith in the new covenant Gospel promise from God of a Savior.
Of course we cannot know the ultimate state of Adam, wherein we have no explicit markers from Scripture to determine. I do think a Brakel is persuasive:

a Brakel:

Objection:
"There is no proof that Adam and Eve were saved by Christ. The very opposite appears to be true in Heb 11:4, where Abel is presented as the first believer, as well as in Matt 23:35 where he is presented as the first righteous man."

Answer:
First, Abel is indeed mentioned in these texts, but not as the first righteous man, neither as the first believer. Thus, Adam is no more excluded there than when Abraham is called the father of the faithful—as if that were to exclude all believers before him. Secondly, in these texts Abel is placed in contrast to the ungodly, since there is reference to the superiority of his sacrifice over Cain's and he was the first martyr. Thirdly, that Adam believed in the promised seed is proven...

(1) by virtue of the established covenant which could not exist without there being a partaker of this covenant. If Adam had not been a partaker of this covenant, it would have been without a partaker until Abel and Seth, who was born 130 years after Adam's creation. When God established a covenant with Abraham, he was himself included. Would God establish the covenant of grace, referring to the seed of the woman which would bruise the head of the serpent, and not include Adam and Eve in this covenant? Would this covenant then not be efficacious for so many years in the absence of partakers of this covenant? Would God have made announcement to Adam and Eve concerning the covenant of grace, and then have excluded them from it?

(2) It is evident from the enmity between man and the serpent, for wherever there is enmity with the devil there is peace with God.

(3) Eve immediately focused upon the promise after she bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man from the Lord” (Gen 4:1).

(4) Add to this the godly upbringing and faithful instruction of Adam's children, which was the means whereby Abel received faith.

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
NO matter how you spin it there is no way animal skins could have covered them if the animals were not killed. Scripture says God prepared then skins for clothes NOT He created out of nothing for them. It is not I that adds to scripture that would be YOU.

What the heck, difference does it make?

dodge

Is there a need for blood to be shed for the forgiveness of sin ? According to scripture without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin so I believe it is a HUGE difference it makes.

It proves Adam fell out of fellowship with God and God made a way back for Adam. Just as in our salvation Jesus makes the way possible for forgiveness of sin.

DAN P

dan, you asked the same question a long time back and I answered it. I am not going to keep answering the same question over and over.

Hi and you have to be KIDDING as you never did answer !!

Settle it for good , how can a person under a 1P 1P BE SAVED ?

And where do you go when you die ??

Is it Abraham's Bosom OR is it HEAVEN ??

Give verses for each , if you have ANY !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Scripture says nothing about the skins GOD covered Adam with were animal hides that GOD just killed, spilled it's blood, and skinned.
It doesn't say what the skins were made from.
It has been YOU that keeps adding to what scripture says.
YOU say it was a sacrifice ---- scripture does not say it was a sacrifice.
YOU say there was blood spilled to cover Adam's nakedness ---- scripture does not say there was blood spilled.
YOU say the skins were made from an animal killed and skinned ---- scripture does not say the skins were made from an animal.

It's definitely YOU that is adding to scripture.
Why would one do that?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant they were forgiven through the sacrifice that God performed for . The only way anyone gets saved NT or OT is through the blood of Jesus Christ.
The story of GOD covering Adam with skins in scripture does not say it was a sacrifice. Why do you add to scripture?

And it still doesn't resolve your contradiction that Adam conceived and bore children in a spiritually dead state, when Adam was spiritually alive when he conceived and bore children.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What is the point. If God had killed some animals, would this mean God had done wrong? Lost to modern inept lose logic quasi-thought

dodge

Scripture says nothing about the skins GOD covered Adam with were animal hides that GOD just killed, spilled it's blood, and skinned.
It doesn't say what the skins were made from.
It has been YOU that keeps adding to what scripture says.
YOU say it was a sacrifice ---- scripture does not say it was a sacrifice.
YOU say there was blood spilled to cover Adam's nakedness ---- scripture does not say there was blood spilled.
YOU say the skins were made from an animal killed and skinned ---- scripture does not say the skins were made from an animal.

It's definitely YOU that is adding to scripture.
Why would one do that?

It is there read it again and ask God to open your eyes, ears, and heart.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

The revelation of covenant blood; necessarily sacrificed to atone and save the souls of sinful men, is not important to you?

C'mon Kat!

This is gospel talk, and nothing less than . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
(3) Eve immediately focused upon the promise after she bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man from the Lord” (Gen 4:1).

(4) Add to this the godly upbringing and faithful instruction of Adam's children, which was the means whereby Abel received faith.

AMR

There might be a stronger argument for grace and salvation being shown Eve, than Adam.

??