Did Paul Preach Two Conflicting Doctrines?

Robert Pate

Banned
Your own free will is the god you serve!

Free will is not a God. It is a natural human attribute that we are all born with. Everybody has a free will. No one would be able to function in life if they did not have a free will. You apparently will believe anything that John Calvin says.

beloved57

I don't worship anything except God and Jesus Christ.

But you worship the dumb idol of Calvinism. Is John Calvin going to save you. In the judgment John Calvin is going to disappear in a puff of smoke.

You worship your freewill as god and saviour !

Nanja

Free will is not a God. It is a natural human attribute that we are all born with. Everybody has a free will. No one would be able to function in life if they did not have a free will. You apparently will believe anything that John Calvin says.

It's the god you serve.

Robert Pate

Banned
It's the god you serve.

You have no defense for your cultic religion and then you deny the fact that people are able to make choices. Did you not by your own free will chose to believe Calvinism? I by my own free will have chosen to reject Calvinism.

Nanja

You have no defense for your cultic religion and then you deny the fact that people are able to make choices. Did you not by your own free will chose to believe Calvinism? I by my own free will have chosen to reject Calvinism.

It is God's Will for me to believe the Gospel of God's Grace, which was given to all the Elect in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-7 before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Robert Pate

Banned
It is God's Will for me to believe the Gospel of God's Grace, which was given to all the Elect in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-7 before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

You don't have the slightest idea of what the Gospel is. If you knew and believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism. The Gospel of Jesus Christ totally and completely refutes all religions, especially Calvinism.

Salvation is a free gift from God. Not an imposition. God does not impose salvation on anyone.

Nanja

You don't have the slightest idea of what the Gospel is. If you knew and believed the Gospel you would not need Calvinism. The Gospel of Jesus Christ totally and completely refutes all religions, especially Calvinism.

Salvation is a free gift from God. Not an imposition. God does not impose salvation on anyone.

God appointed His Elect to Salvation!

Eph. 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

But He appointed others to Wrath Rom. 9:22; Rev. 21:8.

Robert Pate

Banned

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

The Bible does not contradict its self like you want to believe.

Paul said that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1. He did not teach predestination. There is no scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. You don't know how to interpret the Bible because you don't have the Holy spirit, who is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

Nanja

The Bible does not contradict its self like you want to believe.

Paul said that we are justified by faith, Romans 5:1. He did not teach predestination. There is no scripture that says God has predestinated anyone to heaven or to hell. You don't know how to interpret the Bible because you don't have the Holy spirit, who is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

Nanja

Which one of those scriptures I posted are you in disbelief of, Pate?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Just be grateful.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned
Nanja

Which one of those scriptures I posted are you in disbelief of, Pate?

I accept and believe all of the scriptures.

Your problem is that you read the scriptures with your Calvinist glasses on.

There is no scripture including the one that you quoted, says that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell.

Nanja

I accept and believe all of the scriptures.

Your problem is that you read the scriptures with your Calvinist glasses on.

There is no scripture including the one that you quoted, says that God predestinates people to heaven or to hell.

What I stated is exactly correct, and scripture proves it!

Nanja

Scripture refutes you.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Rom. 9:13-23
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Interplanner

The two conflicting doctrines would be "Justification by Faith" and the Calvinist doctrine of "Predestination" These two doctrines are in conflict with each other. If you have been predestinated to salvation by God before the foundation of the world then you don't need to be justified by faith. If God declared that you are saved before the foundation of the world, then there is nothing else needed to secure your salvation, not faith, not belief, not works, nothing, absolutely nothing. I would go so far to say that not even the Christian life.

Some Calvinist say that God gives those that have been predestinated faith to believe the Gospel. Truth of the matter is, is that we are all born with faith. It is a natural human attribute. As a child we have faith in our parents and then we marry and have faith in our spouse. When we hear and believe the Gospel that same faith is directed towards Jesus Christ. This is what Paul meant when he said... "Therefore being justified by faith (made right with God) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1. We have peace with God because we are Justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. The righteousness of God is to our account, Romans 3:22.

No, Paul did not preach two conflicting doctrines. There is no scripture in the Bible that says anyone has been predestinated to heaven or to hell. If predestination to salvation was a correct doctrine the New Testament would be full of it. The word is only found four times in the New Testament and is totally absent in the Old Testament. The Old Testament saints were justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. Things have not changed. We are also justified by faith. They looked forward to the realization of God's promise of a savior. We look back to when he was here and are justified by faith.

The matter is resolved by Jn 6:40. That's the Father's will.