Did Paul Preach Two Conflicting Doctrines?

Robert Pate

Banned
The two conflicting doctrines would be "Justification by Faith" and the Calvinist doctrine of "Predestination" These two doctrines are in conflict with each other. If you have been predestinated to salvation by God before the foundation of the world then you don't need to be justified by faith. If God declared that you are saved before the foundation of the world, then there is nothing else needed to secure your salvation, not faith, not belief, not works, nothing, absolutely nothing. I would go so far to say that not even the Christian life.

Some Calvinist say that God gives those that have been predestinated faith to believe the Gospel. Truth of the matter is, is that we are all born with faith. It is a natural human attribute. As a child we have faith in our parents and then we marry and have faith in our spouse. When we hear and believe the Gospel that same faith is directed towards Jesus Christ. This is what Paul meant when he said... "Therefore being justified by faith (made right with God) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1. We have peace with God because we are Justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. The righteousness of God is to our account, Romans 3:22.

No, Paul did not preach two conflicting doctrines. There is no scripture in the Bible that says anyone has been predestinated to heaven or to hell. If predestination to salvation was a correct doctrine the New Testament would be full of it. The word is only found four times in the New Testament and is totally absent in the Old Testament. The Old Testament saints were justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. Things have not changed. We are also justified by faith. They looked forward to the realization of God's promise of a savior. We look back to when he was here and are justified by faith.

balut55

If you are predestined you are doing something. No way to test this theory. My teacher brought me to faith through sheer determination. Did God send him to me because I am predestined. I sure took a round about way.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are predestined you are doing something. No way to test this theory. My teacher brought me to faith through sheer determination. Did God send him to me because I am predestined. I sure took a round about way.

We come to Christ in a variety of different ways. The main thing is that we come to Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The two conflicting doctrines would be "Justification by Faith" and the Calvinist doctrine of "Predestination" These two doctrines are in conflict with each other. If you have been predestinated to salvation by God before the foundation of the world then you don't need to be justified by faith. If God declared that you are saved before the foundation of the world, then there is nothing else needed to secure your salvation, not faith, not belief, not works, nothing, absolutely nothing. I would go so far to say that not even the Christian life.

Some Calvinist say that God gives those that have been predestinated faith to believe the Gospel. Truth of the matter is, is that we are all born with faith. It is a natural human attribute. As a child we have faith in our parents and then we marry and have faith in our spouse. When we hear and believe the Gospel that same faith is directed towards Jesus Christ. This is what Paul meant when he said... "Therefore being justified by faith (made right with God) we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1. We have peace with God because we are Justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. The righteousness of God is to our account, Romans 3:22.

No, Paul did not preach two conflicting doctrines. There is no scripture in the Bible that says anyone has been predestinated to heaven or to hell. If predestination to salvation was a correct doctrine the New Testament would be full of it. The word is only found four times in the New Testament and is totally absent in the Old Testament. The Old Testament saints were justified by faith in God's promise of a savior. Things have not changed. We are also justified by faith. They looked forward to the realization of God's promise of a savior. We look back to when he was here and are justified by faith.

Excellent OP.

balut55

I see a problem with predestination. Jesus says we have to be watchful or suffer our house be broken up. Our soul is in constant danger from the evil clutches of Satan.

Robert Pate

Banned
I see a problem with predestination. Jesus says we have to be watchful or suffer our house be broken up. Our soul is in constant danger from the evil clutches of Satan.

Christians are called to make choices. Good choices. We are not a bunch of dumb, mindless robots that cannot think or do what is right in the eyes of God or in the eyes of men.

Calvinism is nothing but a ploy to blame God for your sins and your mistakes.

beloved57

Pates lie

The two conflicting doctrines would be "Justification by Faith" and the Calvinist doctrine of "Predestination" These two doctrines are in conflict with each other.

That is not true. Please show me the scripture that says that!

Nanja

Predestination is the opposite of Justification by faith.

Those who were predestinated to Eternal Life were Justified in their Surety Christ Jesus Heb.7:22 before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Rom. 5:9-10
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

john w

Hall of Fame

Paul taught we are predestined and elected before all worlds began to be conformed to the image of His Son, to the adoption, as sons, because we saved,i.e., those that are saved. Calvinists/Clavinists made up this predestined and elected before all worlds began" to be "elected to salvation."

Robert Pate

Banned
More lies not found in scripture, like your god freewill is not in scripture!

I, by my own free will am writing this. You said that I don't have a free will. This proves that I do.

Not only do I have a free, I also have a free brain that thinks that you are nuts.