Are Calvinist, Catholics Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsanford108

I have never seen a statue in the Catholic church of Christ sitting on a throne.

The only one sitting on a throne in the Catholic church is the pope who thinks that he is Christ, Thessalonians 2:4.

Oh, ye of misapplied lies.

Google "Christ Enthroned." Click images. (It's okay to be proven wrong)

Also, the pope isn't "enthroned." Nor does he think he is Christ, in any capacity. Go ahead and provide evidence (which you don't have) for your statement showing the pope thinks he is Christ.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh, ye of misapplied lies.

Google "Christ Enthroned." Click images. (It's okay to be proven wrong)

Also, the pope isn't "enthroned." Nor does he think he is Christ, in any capacity. Go ahead and provide evidence (which you don't have) for your statement showing the pope thinks he is Christ.

I have never seen a statue of Christ sitting on a throne in the Catholic church. It is apparent that some Catholic churches have a statue of Christ sitting on a throne, but it doesn't say how many.

Not only does the pope think that he is the vicar of Christ, he in realty is anti-Christ.

jsanford108

Catholicism opposes the Gospel and justification by faith and is anti-Christ.

Just saying it doesn't make it so. I can say you are a murderer, Jehovah's Witness, and a witch. But without evidence, there is no proof. Just wild accusations. Empty and void of truth.

oatmeal

Anyone, including Catholics, Calvinists, self proclaimed "Buddhists", self proclaimed "Muslims", homosexuals, murderers etc who have done Romans 10:9 have been saved and are Christians.

However, getting saved, becoming a Christian, that is someone with Christ in them is only the first and the easy step, the next step according to I Timothy 2:4, is to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Not a knowledge of a truth, but the knowledge of the truth

Robert Pate

Banned
Anyone, including Catholics, Calvinists, self proclaimed "Buddhists", self proclaimed "Muslims", homosexuals, murderers etc who have done Romans 10:9 have been saved and are Christians.

However, getting saved, becoming a Christian, that is someone with Christ in them is only the first and the easy step, the next step according to I Timothy 2:4, is to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Not a knowledge of a truth, but the knowledge of the truth

One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to lead us unto the truth, John 16:13.

If you hear the Gospel and do not come out of your religion and trust in Christ alone, you are not saved.

Bard_the_Bowman

James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:21.

Really? So we have an entire book of the Bible, inspired by God, and written by a Judaizer no less?

How do you know that James was a Judaizer?

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. His book is in my Bible and it is in your Bible so no matter who wrote it, we both know the Holy Spirit inspired it.

So regardless of it all, the book of James shows that your claim that the Bible has nothing to say about religion is still wrong.

According to the Holy Spirit.

Bard_the_Bowman

Paul encourages us to live by faith and not by rules, laws or religion, Romans 1:17.

That's it?? That's your response to the question : How do you know Paul means "work it out in your mind" in Philippians 2:12?

That sure isn't very convincing. You didn't want to look around in Philippians a little more?

Bard_the_Bowman

I have never seen a statue of Christ sitting on a throne in the Catholic church. It is apparent that some Catholic churches have a statue of Christ sitting on a throne, but it doesn't say how many.

Not only does the pope think that he is the vicar of Christ, he in realty is anti-Christ.

Just curious.

How many non-Catholic Churches have a statue of Christ sitting on a throne?

Just wondering because almost all of them in my neck of the woods do not, and do not even have crosses.

They are set up as entertainment venues.

beloved57

Is pateism christianity ? It denies the saving death and blood of Christ, teaching that sinners Christ died for are still lost !

oatmeal

One of the works of the Holy Spirit is to lead us unto the truth, John 16:13.

If you hear the Gospel and do not come out of your religion and trust in Christ alone, you are not saved.

Wait a minute. Is "come out of your religion" works? How much work did it take for you to come out of your religion?

God did not save us because we were sinless and perfect. If we were sinless and perfect and had already have come out of our religion and already had perfect knowledge of scripture and lived it perfectly and already had eternal life, then why would we need to be saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
Wait a minute. Is "come out of your religion" works? How much work did it take for you to come out of your religion?

God did not save us because we were sinless and perfect. If we were sinless and perfect and had already have come out of our religion and already had perfect knowledge of scripture and lived it perfectly and already had eternal life, then why would we need to be saved?

It took me a while after I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith to drop out of the organized church. But I did come out, 2 Corinthians 6:17.

The organized church is anti-Gospel.

beloved57

It took me a while after I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith to drop out of the organized church. But I did come out, 2 Corinthians 6:17.

The organized church is anti-Gospel.

Dont you teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost regardless of His shedding His Blood for them ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Dont you teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost regardless of His shedding His Blood for them ?

You have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No predestination was needed.

All that you have to do now is accept the reconciliating work of Christ that was done on your behalf.

beloved57

You have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No predestination was needed.

All that you have to do now is accept the reconciliating work of Christ that was done on your behalf.

You teach that Christ's death is powerless to save since you believe sinners He died for are still lost !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that Christ's death is powerless to save since you believe sinners He died for are still lost !

No, you are the one that believes that sinners Jesus died for are lost.

I believe that Jesus atoned for every sin that has ever been committed and every sin that will ever be committed. "Jesus is Lord" and he is Lord over sin, death and the devil. You don't believe that. Because you don't believe you will die in your sins.

beloved57

No, you are the one that believes that sinners Jesus died for are lost.

I believe that Jesus atoned for every sin that has ever been committed and every sin that will ever be committed. "Jesus is Lord" and he is Lord over sin, death and the devil. You don't believe that. Because you don't believe you will die in your sins.

Thats unbelief to teach that sinners Christ died for remain lost !

Robert Pate

Banned
Thats unbelief to teach that sinners Christ died for remain lost !

You are much like an unbelieving Pharisee. They knew who Jesus was, but they would not receive him as their Lord and savior. "He came unto his own, but his own did not receive him" John 1:11.

Status
Not open for further replies.