YouTube censorship

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I understand that you are hypersensitive to these matters, for reasons I don't need to elaborate

would you deem it racist if I called her a "moose"?

:think: or is that too close to that other ruminant ungulate, the "buck"?

or is "buck" only racially offensive if applied to the male negro? :idunno:

and were you offended by my use of "negro"?

would it be appropriate to refer to Michelle as a "negress"?

ok doser

Or if a seven foot man decides to describe himself as a midget we don't have to respect his definition.

we might if he hangs out with a bunch of Manute Bols

2-Manute-Bol-tallest-basketball-player.jpg

ok doser

What you don't see is often the point and frequently funny.

in a diatribe in defense of the use of dictionary definitions, one might expect that you could support your veiled accusation of racism with some semantic examples

but no, you're content to giggle and wave that flag at yourself

i often wonder if you're really what you claim to be, and not a thirteen year old troll :idunno:

ok doser

town opines about the root causes for the left's support for murdering children:
The fundamental error on the part of the majority of the left isn't founded in the love of killing babies. It's founded in the wrong headed belief that a woman's right to control of her reproduction and self is an absolute...

iow, it's rooted in the same corrupt soil from which springs all sin - selfishness

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
in a diatribe in defense of the use of dictionary definitions,
It wasn't a diatribe, unless you also don't understand what that word means either.

one might expect that you could support your veiled accusation of racism with some semantic examples
I've never been shy about calling a racist a racist when I see him or her, as with Trad, Cruc, and a few others.

i often wonder if you're really what you claim to be, and not a thirteen year old troll
S
ome of what you're apparently still wondering about is really quite funny.

town opines about the root causes for the left's support for murdering children:

iow, it's rooted in the same corrupt soil from which springs all sin - selfishness
Not necessarily or even mostly that, but instead in an assumption that can be rejected rationally. The support for that assumption is broadly distributed across a range of people who wouldn't qualify for the procedure or benefit by it. A good many people in both parties reserve the right in cases of rape, or incest. Their thinking isn't necessarily selfish. It's simply and tragically mistaken.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You really don't.
You really do.

If you don't respect the fact that she said what she said, you're in no position to tell her that she is evil.

Or the tall man that he is wrong.

I've explained this to you before, but you refuse to show any respect. To respect an opinion is not to agree with it or endorse it; it is simply to accept that the words you have heard mean what they plainly say. Unless you've got good reason to claim otherwise.

I claim to be a fundamentalist and a right winger and I do not call myself a conservative. These labels I will apply consistently among people and groups we discuss.

When I use these labels, you have to respect what I am saying, not insist that your definitions hold sway.

You could argue that my usage is incorrect, and that would further your agenda of steering this conversation as far as possible away from OP, but I'm not likely to shift, unless you can show something profound that I've missed.

Or you could simply acknowledge my usage and add the caveat that you mean something entirely different from what I accept as a description of myself when you use those words.

Otherwise, what we have is more of you engaging in the fallacy of equivocation.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes.

"Words mean things" is to advocate using language that does not contradict reality, or expose a self-contradiction.

However, the use of words is not limited to their dictionary definition. And there are things in a conversation that are vastly more important than the definitions of each word you utter: Things like respecting others' ideas and not insisting that your narrative is the primary description of reality.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

ok doser

town furiously responds:
It wasn't a diatribe, unless you also don't understand what that word means either.

di·a·tribe
ˈdīəˌtrīb/
noun
noun: diatribe; plural noun: diatribes

a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
"a diatribe against the Roman Catholic Church"
synonyms: tirade, harangue, onslaught, attack, polemic, denunciation, broadside, fulmination, condemnation, censure, criticism; More

looks right to me :idunno:

I've never been shy about calling a racist a racist when I see him or her, as with Trad, Cruc, and a few others.

perhaps, but you're certainly shy about providing any semantic examples to support your veiled accusation of racism toward the lady in question

Some of what you're apparently still wondering about is really quite funny.

i'm glad you find it so :idunno:

Not necessarily

yes, necessarily

sin is rooted in selfishness

The support for that assumption is broadly distributed across a range of people who wouldn't qualify for the procedure or benefit by it.

their support is not formed by the benefit they would gain by participating in the murder of their own children, but rather by the self-satisfaction they gain by supporting a progressive cause (women's rights) that society has told them is of value

same thing's going on with societal acceptance of homosexuality - people don't support it because they want to be homos, but because society tells them it's the right thing to do

and, being selfish at their heart, they want to be accepted by society, so they do what they're told

Arthur Brain

in a diatribe in defense of the use of dictionary definitions, one might expect that you could support your veiled accusation of racism with some semantic examples

but no, you're content to giggle and wave that flag at yourself

i often wonder if you're really what you claim to be, and not a thirteen year old troll :idunno:

Yeah yeah, you wondered that much you stalked the guy to the depths of boredom, challenged him to produce credentials that were already obvious to even the administration here, got booted for it loads, even stomped off in hissy fits over it all etc etc.

Honestly man. Stop being such a sad, sad little git for Pete's sake already.

:doh:

ok doser

And there are things in a conversation that are vastly more important than the definitions of each word you utter: Things like respecting others' ideas and not insisting that your narrative is the primary description of reality.

:think:

nah - it'll never catch on

ok doser

Your trolling and rumour mongering mean little to me.

and yet, that's all you seem able to talk about

have any interest in actually discussing the OP or any of the topics that have been under discussion tonight?

or were you planning to pass out momentarily?