Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

This message is hidden because daqq is on your ignore list. (lol).

That is really great GT. You even quoted the Testimony of Messiah from a passage which includes "foundation", the very title of this thread, and which refutes what the OP has said; and yet he says in his own words that it comes from, "every idiot and his brother to start derailing the thread with imagined nonsense." It appears to me that Truster's own storm has not even begun yet; for if he claims that the Testimony of Messiah is from "every idiot and his brother" then he certainly does not actually believe that holy Testimony of the one he claims to know and love. And if his storm had already come no doubt his house would have already been destroyed because it surely is not built on the foundation of the Testimony of Messiah. How can it be when he just belittled and trampled the words of Messiah which you quoted? :)

Amen, beautifully and perfectly written, thank you, excellent reading.
Truster went against God's Word I hope that we can help him see the Truth but he blocks us.
How does anyone get so ensnared by the devil that they think it is admirable to do nothing? They have fallen for the masquerading light.

God's Truth

That last line "shall relax from the dread of evil" reminds me of posts I made in regard to gun ownership on this and on other sites. Americans always come back with the right to own a gun just incase they face an intruder in their home or an armed person anywhere else. This is of course "the dread of evil". Selah or go figure.

Truster, the Proverbs you quoted is about those who do NOT obey.

Spockrates

Foundation.

If your walk with Jesus is without producing fruit by following or obeying Jesus' word, you are building on sand.

There is no salvation without producing fruit.

Yes, I guess it's hard to grow fruit trees in the sand! Then again, coconut trees are often found on the beaches of deserted islands. Maybe it's not the sand that's a grow stopper? Perhaps it's just a case of the roots having to reach down far enough?

EDIT: Yeah, yeah. Seems to me a carpenter like Jesus would see it's not the sand that keeps one from building. It's how far one is willing to dig! Anyone can build on sand if she's willing to go deep enough to reach the solid ground beneath.

Not sure if there's any fruit for thought in that, but it might lead to an interesting discussion of discovery. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Truster

Yes, I guess it's hard to grow fruit trees in the sand! Then again, coconut trees are often found on the beaches of deserted islands. Maybe it's not the sand that's a grow stopper? Perhaps it's just a case of the roots having to reach down far enough?

Fruit has to do with sanctification not conversion.

Spockrates

I asked the same question in regard to many, many words and often stress on here the importance of knowing what words actually mean. The problem is that if you haven't been regenerated you couldn't possibly comprehend what I state. It also opens the door for every idiot and his brother to start derailing the thread with imagined nonsense.

So to put my mind at rest, have you been saved, if so give a brief summary of the moment of your salvation.

My apologies. I sincerely don't mean to be difficult, but I'm experiencing the same confusion posed by your previous question. You see? The words *saved* and *salvation* hold different meanings for different people. So it's impossible for me to be sure what you're asking!

Perhaps this will help: Try asking the same question without using either the word saved or salvation. Perhaps then I'll see what you're asking me?

Truster

Please define each word, or maybe just explain the difference between sanctification and conversion to me. :)

I'm going to PM you a link to something you might want to read. It will either enlighten you or bore you to death. Which that is out of my hands. Forgive my holding back, but I've been led a merry dance on here by people who come across as sincere, but...

Spockrates

I'm going to PM you a link to something you might want to read. It will either enlighten you or bore you to death. Which that is out of my hands. Forgive my holding back, but I've been led a merry dance on here by people who come across as sincere, but...

Yeah, no. I don't believe the app I use supports private messages. But if you don't care to discuss, no worries. I'm not offended. :)

God's Truth

Hi, God's Truth. Hope it's OK to ask. What is different about a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified?

Hi, thank you for asking.

There is no difference it is all the same.

We are made righteous, sanctified, and purified when we are saved.

Then we live our lives living up to that, living up to what we have received.

God's Truth

We are justified and made righteous by our faith in Jesus' blood making us clean:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

The faith in Jesus makes us righteous means that we are made righteous from what Jesus did for us. Jesus was faithful to the commands of His Father.
This proves faith alone is dead.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see
Romans 6:16.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see
Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see
1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

The blood of Jesus sanctifies us
(Hebrews 10:29); Jesus sanctifies us by the truth (John 17:17); Jesus sanctifies (Hebrews 2:11); We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus (Hebrews 10:10).

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit TO BE OBEDIENT.

1 Peter 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

We are sanctified through the work of the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus.

We purify ourselves by believing in the truth, and by obeying the truth. See
2 Thessalonians 2:13, and 1 Peter 1:22.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

1 Peter 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.

God's Truth

We are made righteous, sanctified, justified, purified, and made holy all at the same time, and then we live our lives continuing to obey.

Christians are perfect and holy.

It seems there is a false humbleness in some who call themselves Christian, and they show this false humbleness when they protest being called a saint or holy. However what do the scriptures say?

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Spockrates

Hi, thank you for asking.

There is no difference it is all the same.

We are made righteous, sanctified, and purified when we are saved.

Then we live our lives living up to that, living up to what we have received.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying an unrighteous person is no different from a righteous one, and a sanctified person is the same as an unsanctified one, and a purified person is identical to an unpurified one?

God's Truth

Not sure I understand. Are you saying an unrighteous person is no different from a righteous one, and a sanctified person is the same as an unsanctified one, and a purified person is identical to an unpurified one?

I have no idea how you got that from what I said. I want to speak more about this with you, but I have to go for now. I hope you will continue to talk about this with me.

Spockrates

I have no idea how you got that from what I said. I want to speak more about this with you, but I have to go for now. I hope you will continue to talk about this with me.

LOL! Dude! Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

So when I asked, "What is different about a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified?" you replied, "There is no difference..."

It's logical to conclude that either you misunderstood my question or I misinterpreted your answer. No matter! Yes, please. let's continue our thoughtful conversation, later. :)

God's Truth

LOL! Dude! Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

So when I asked, "What is different about a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified?" you replied, "There is no difference..."

It's logical to conclude that either you misunderstood my question or I misinterpreted your answer. No matter! Yes, please. let's continue our thoughtful conversation, later. :)

Oh, now I see what you meant. ha
So then, the difference between a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified from ONE WHO IS NOT...is one person believed that Jesus' blood does clean him and wash away all the sins he has ever done, sins he repents of doing, and God Himself lives in the person who has done that.

I thought you meant what is the difference between being made righteous from being purified, and from being sanctified and justified.

Made righteous, purified, justified, and sanctified all happens the time one is saved.

Truster

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

I don't care what you've posted because it is tainted with the lies of your father.

God's Truth

This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

I don't care what you've posted because it is tainted with the lies of your father.

You do what Satan does, and that is to accuse the brethren. What else did Satan give you to defend his lies?

Why are you on a debate site if you do not debate?

Spockrates

Oh, now I see what you meant. ha
So then, the difference between a person who is made righteous, sanctified and purified from ONE WHO IS NOT...is one person believed that Jesus' blood does clean him and wash away all the sins he has ever done, sins he repents of doing, and God Himself lives in the person who has done that.

I thought you meant what is the difference between being made righteous from being purified, and from being sanctified and justified.

Made righteous, purified, justified, and sanctified all happens the time one is saved.

Yes, sorry for being clear as mud! So is it fair to say you believe believing isn't sufficient to save? One must also, "repent of doing"? That is, am I correct in thinking you are saying both are necessary requirements of escaping God's punishment after death?

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.