My convictions of my faith in Christ.

God's Truth

I thought you didn't want to talk about it anymore?

And I thought you said that the old covenant is gone now and we are entered into the new? Where does Jesus teach us that we are to take the life of another?

It also says this in the Bible

Romans 12

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but*rather*give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance*is*mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.*Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

I corrected you and you don't like that. You said something that was not true, and I gave scripture to prove it. You keep quoting scriptures that you do not understand. Do you really think Jesus was saying if a raper comes in your house you should feed him and buy him some clothes?

marhig

You sure did not. Tell me how you get that when someone wants to kill you, you are supposed to offer them something to eat?
Probably yes, if they were hungry! I'm not here to defend myself, and return evil for evil. I leave the defending in God's hands. If I'm supposed to die then it's my time to go!

marhig

You sure did not. Tell me how you get that when someone wants to kill you, you are supposed to offer them something to eat?
Did you read this

Romans 12

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

God's Truth

Probably yes, if they were hungry! I'm not here to defend myself, and return evil for evil. I leave the defending in God's hands. If I'm supposed to die then it's my time to go!

I preach what the Bible says and try to reason with others.

God's Truth

Did you read this

Romans 12

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

You need to read it and think about it some more.
Paul is speaking about an enemy of the cross.

marhig

I preach what the Bible says and try to reason with others.
And Jesus says that we are to love one another and do good to those that hate us, bless those who curse us and pray for those who dispitefuly use us!

He doesn't say go and kill them!

God's Truth

And Jesus says that we are to love one another and do good to those that hate us, bless those who curse us and pray for those who dispitefuly use us!

He doesn't say go and kill them!

Who said go and kill them? You are not being rational. You are also mixing up what the scriptures say. For instance, Jesus says those who live by the sword will die by the sword. That is about teaching his disciples not to fight the government back with violence. If they fight back with violence, then they will be against the law. That has nothing to do with being an armed police officer or soldier.

God's Truth

We should be like that to everyone!

Don't be a hypocrite, for you said that you would use violence to protect your family, but you do not think that people trained to protect people should be Christians. Would you call the police department if someone broke in your house with a gun, knowing that your special police officer coming had a firearm and might use it?

marhig

Don't be a hypocrite, for you said that you would use violence to protect your family, but you do not think that people trained to protect people should be Christians. Would you call the police department if someone broke in your house with a gun, knowing that your special police officer coming had a firearm and might use it?

GT as I keep saying, there's a difference in protecting my family in an immediate situation, then me going out and training to kill others and join the army!

I have nothing against police officers or soldiers. I just believe that once we are born of God we should not take up weapons of warfare!

And I think that I'd be too afraid to phone the police if someone was standing there with a gun pointing at me!

I'm just off out, speak to you soon! God willing :)

God's Truth

GT as I keep saying, there's a difference in protecting my family in an immediate situation, then me going out and training to kill others and join the army!
The difference is they are trained to protect everyone.
I have nothing against police officers or soldiers. I just believe that once we are born of God we should not take up weapons of warfare!
That means you do have something against them, because if a saved person cannot do that job, then you believe only condemned people do it.

And I think that I'd be too afraid to phone the police if someone was standing there with a gun pointing at me!
You are speaking nonsense. How about you were hiding as someone broke in and you had your phone? Now stop talking this way. I only brought up the scripture about man killing men who shed blood because you said only God can take life. I gave scripture that tells you differently. Now you are going on about things we already discussed.
I'm just off out, speak to you soon! God willing :)

Amen. I hope to discuss with you soon, maybe about something we agree with.

eider

That's fine for secular people. But Christians are Jesus' followers. We have responsibility to spread what Jesus teaches.

blessings.

Ah ha! The trouble is, that Christians argue with each other about how to follow Jesus. :)
I am amazed to have discovered so-called Christians here that think they don't even have to do anything in order to reach their predestined place in Heaven! I think God might have an immense sense of humour about where such folks might actually end up. :)

I think that Christians should tell folks about their Creed once, and then they should only live their particular Christian life without mentioning it again. The only time that they shouild be permitted to speak again about their faith is when people approach and say to them,
'I have been watching you. I am so impressed with the way that you live, I need to know your secret. Please tell me..... how can I be as content, as loving and happy.... as you?'
Then the Christian should explain their Creed.

I reckon that there are some around here who might not get asked........ ever. :D

God's Truth

Ah ha! The trouble is, that Christians argue with each other about how to follow Jesus. :)
I am amazed to have discovered so-called Christians here that think they don't even have to do anything in order to reach their predestined place in Heaven! I think God might have an immense sense of humour about where such folks might actually end up. :)

I think that Christians should tell folks about their Creed once, and then they should only live their particular Christian life without mentioning it again. The only time that they shouild be permitted to speak again about their faith is when people approach and say to them,
'I have been watching you. I am so impressed with the way that you live, I need to know your secret. Please tell me..... how can I be as content, as loving and happy.... as you?'
Then the Christian should explain their Creed.

I reckon that there are some around here who might not get asked........ ever. :D

I think that might work more for a husband and wife scenario.

However, I do think that you are right about not confronting people more than once about their being in a false religion, or denomination, if they are hostile to you about it you probably shouldn't bring it up again. As I said before, I am so glad that I was not rude to the two guys who talked to me about the false denomination I had just joined. I kept myself from telling them to mind their own business, or telling them they are in no position to say anything to me.

eider

That was awful wasn't it? PC Palmer, was very brave in what he did. I feel for his family.

I'm not against the police or soldiers, I just believe that those born of God have a purpose, and that is to bring the love and word of God to others. I don't believe that we should take up arms and train to kill. I don't remember Jesus telling any of his disciples to do this, but rather to turn from violence and hurting one another and show the love of God in our lives, he taught us to have mercy and forgiveness and taught us to love one another even if we are hated and he taught us how to overcome evil with good. But, we can't do it without the Holy Spirit giving us the strength to do so.

Have you ever seen hacksaw ridge? I saw the name of the film, and I thought there was no way that I would I watch that, but don't look at the name, it's the true story of Desmond Doss. I was amazed by his faith in God and what happened to him. God was definitely with him with what he went through. Some things are hard to watch in it, but what God brought him through was amazing!

I'm going to get that film...... thank goodness for www shopping sites, or I would never find it.

On 7/7/2005 my daughter got off a bus in Russel square, London and began her walk to the Lister Hospital. She was about 50-75 yards further on when a following bus exploded at the same Bus Stop. She was taken off her feet by the shock wave and blast behind her, but not injured.

I used to build very lightweight sea going rowinbg boats. I often rowed up the East Coast, and once or twice rowed over to Belgium/Holland. Looking back, I don't know how I am alive. We all can look back and wonder about such things. Are we the fortunate ones, or are we the ones who were made to wait? :)

eider

I think that might work more for a husband and wife scenario.

However, I do think that you are right about not confronting people more than once about their being in a false religion, or denomination, if they are hostile to you about it you probably shouldn't bring it up again. As I said before, I am so glad that I was not rude to the two guys who talked to me about the false denomination I had just joined. I kept myself from telling them to mind their own business, or telling them they are in no position to say anything to me.

Fair enough........ I guess it's all about how to approach, communicate, guide, etc.... Some here would chase folks far far away! :)

Husband wife situations....... my lovely wife is an atheist..... no interest in any religions whatsoever.
Sometimes I might tell her about people that I have met on the internet, but we live in harmony and have never argued about religion. However, when JWs come here she gives them nice coffee (mine is dreadful) and food if they wish for it. She likes people..... she lives a religion without realising it, I think.

God's Truth

Fair enough........ I guess it's all about how to approach, communicate, guide, etc.... Some here would chase folks far far away! :)
That is for sure.

Husband wife situations....... my lovely wife is an atheist..... no interest in any religions whatsoever.
It is funny how some people desire God and some just don't.
Sometimes I might tell her about people that I have met on the internet, but we live in harmony and have never argued about religion.

What would she do if you became born again? Would she be disappointed?
However, when JWs come here she gives them nice coffee (mine is dreadful) and food if they wish for it. She likes people..... she lives a religion without realising it, I think.
She sounds like a really nice person.