The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

fool

Hall of Fame
Well it id more than asking me if I eat Popsicles.

It is not as bad as it looks on the face. You see how many 'first world' countries are near our debt. Saudi Arabia has a very low ratio because they have little infrastructure spending and little international expenses. I doubt we will ever be that way.

We won't ever be that way if we keep spraying money all over like a firehose.
Why wouldn't we expect our allies to fund their own defence if they're flush with cash?

fool

Hall of Fame
Isn't it amazing how Trumpers all have the exact same thoughts at the exact same time. It's almost as if they were Russian bots.

C9jqa84UIAAsN-C.jpg

I don't remember seeing any Russians at the polls in November.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
We won't ever be that way if we keep spraying money all over like a firehose.
Why wouldn't we expect our allies to fund their own defense if they're flush with cash?

I agree we should not offer all the military protection for free. Just pointing out countries like Belgium, the biggest NATO country, have higher debt than we do and many other European countries are near as in debt.

Secondly, were we not at war in 1974 with Vietnam? I find it a bit confusing that this was our lowest debt year? Why would that be? What was going on then besides slow national growth?

Debt is not as much a problem as slow national growth.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and yet here you are responding to me :darwinsm:
Sure, when I feel like it. Spare change sort of thing.

You never did get it, did you. :)

:mock:town
For giving you even this much? :think: It's a point.

Meanwhile, you spend a really odd portion of your time considering me, following me, launching threads about me, putting me in your signature, etc.

:plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
we weren't borrowing for an increased military mission?

we were still a major exporter of products?

we still made our own steel?

dunno - i'll have to look it up

tomorrow

fool

Hall of Fame
I agree we should not offer all the military protection for free. Just pointing out countries like Belgium, the biggest NATO country, have higher debt than we do and many other European countries are near as in debt.
Sweden, Norway, in the 40% debt to GDP range.
South Korea, the 11th largest economy is only at 30% debt to GDP.
Why am I paying 30,000 guys to stand around in South Korea?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Sweden, Norway, in the 40% debt to GDP range.
South Korea, the 11th largest economy is only at 30% debt to GDP.
Why am I paying 30,000 guys to stand around in South Korea?

Sweden and Norway do not do anything but brag about their abaiting culture where growth is low. south Korea sells lots of cars and appliances; it does well, yet they have low national and nearly no international expense.

One reason you and I are paying for our military to defend South Korea is we have done so since the conflict while they grow more wealthy. If one party pays another's way while they save their own wealth, they get used to it and come to expect it.

The USA took on the defense of the world, now backing off will be difficult since many countries expect us to support them.

I much more respect South Korea than Sweden and Norway yet think they have a real problem with North Korea as their border. South Korea needs to begin spending some of their wealth on their own needs. We seem to agree on this.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sweden and Norway do not do anything but brag about their abaiting culture where growth is low. south Korea sells lots of cars and appliances; it does well, yet they have low national and nearly no international expense.

One reason you and I are paying for our military to defend South Korea is we have done so since the conflict while they grow more wealthy. If one party pays another's way while they save their own wealth, they get used to it and come to expect it.

The USA took on the defense of the world, now backing off will be difficult since many countries expect us to support them.

I much more respect South Korea than Sweden and Norway yet think they have a real problem with North Korea as their border. South Korea needs to begin spending some of their wealth on their own needs. We seem to agree on this.

And here comes Donald Trump, handing out bills to people.
That's why I voted for him.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Official: White House, Pentagon miscommunicated on aircraft carrier's location

As the White House was talking about sending a naval "armada" to the Korean Peninsula, the very ships in question were on their way to participate in military exercises in the Indian Ocean, some 3,500 miles in the opposite direction.

A senior administration official blamed a miscommunication between the Pentagon and the White House over reports that the aircraft carrier has not made its way to the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, as an expected show of force to North Korea.
The official blamed the mixup on a lack of follow-up with commanders overseeing the movements of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

"We are sending an armada. Very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier, that I can tell you," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
"We are sending an armada. Very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier, that I can tell you," Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network.

... only they're sailing in the opposite direction.

...whoops...

:chuckle:

fool

Hall of Fame
Official: White House, Pentagon miscommunicated on aircraft carrier's location

As the White House was talking about sending a naval "armada" to the Korean Peninsula, the very ships in question were on their way to participate in military exercises in the Indian Ocean, some 3,500 miles in the opposite direction.

A senior administration official blamed a miscommunication between the Pentagon and the White House over reports that the aircraft carrier has not made its way to the Sea of Japan, also known as the East Sea, as an expected show of force to North Korea.
The official blamed the mixup on a lack of follow-up with commanders overseeing the movements of the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier.

He's 70 years old and all the sudden he has 10 aircraft carriers. Half of the aircraft carriers in the world!
You can't expect him to be an aircraft carrier traffic controller.