What Nicodemus expected to hear:

Truster

John 3:16 For Elohim so loved the nation of Israel, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that the Jews through trust in Him should have eternal life.

As far as Nicodemus was concerned this is what was expected. A savior for the Jews…the Messiah, ‘’the consolation of Israel’’ as Simeon attested (Luke 2:25). The Jews were not waiting for the consolation of a chosen people from all nations of the world, just the consolation of the chosen nation of Israel.

So when Nicodemus heard that, Elohim so loved the world (all the other nations as well as Israel) and that whosoever trusteth ( Jews, Gentiles, Barbarians, Parthians, Medes and so on) He was being told that there was no longer a restriction on Agapé, but whosoever from wheresoever would be saved, if they are gifted with trust.

To the praise of the glory of His grace, amen and amen.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's like watching 9 year old girls talking about blocking the 3 technique from the B gap.

Truster

It's like watching 9 year old girls talking about blocking the 3 technique from the B gap.

I'm pleased to say I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I don't involve myself with little girls, but you obviously do.

daqq

Without knowing Who is the Anointing upon the Anointed One it is not possible to see.

[11] Amen-amen, I say to you, We speak that which we know, and we testify of that which we have seen; and our testimony you do not receive, (for He and he are the Amen-amen).
The Real Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible John 3 - Reply#10

Spoiler
Rather than, "How can these things be", the response of Nicodemus is more appropriately, "How is it possible for these things to come to pass?" In other words he is not disbelieving but wondering how it is possible. And while the Master does say to him, "Ye (you all) do not receive our Testimony-Witness", it still does not mean that Nicodemus never understood because he clearly did and that is shown by his words, actions, and deeds, both later in the same Gospel account, (John 7:50-53), and at Golgotha, (John 19:39-42). Moreover the He and he are the Amen-amen in this passage, and that is why the Master says "we" and "our" in this same context, (which I will highlight below), and Rev 2:18 combined with Rev 3:14 informs the faithful as to which one is the Son of Elohim and which one is a Son of Elohim:

Yohanan 3:1-36
[01] Moreover, (during the same week of the feast of Pesakh Matzot from the previous chapter), there was a certain man from the Perushim, his name Nikodemo
, Archon of the Yhudim:
[02] This one came to him by night, and said to him, Rabbi, we know that you are a Teacher come from Elohim; for no one can do these signs which you do if not immo·El, (El is with him).
[03] Ι̅H answered and said to him, Amen-amen, I say to you, If one is not born from above the same cannot see the kingdom of Elohim.
[04] Nikodemo said to him, How can an old man be regenerated-reborn? can he enter a second time into the cavity of his mother and be regenerated-reborn?
[05] Ι̅H answered, Amen-amen, I say to you, If one is not regenerated by Water and Spirit the same cannot enter into the kingdom of Elohim, (thus the answer is, Yes-amen, one must go back into the cavity of his mother, that is, mother-covenant, and relearn all things: for Yerushalem above is our mother-covenant, Gal 4:22-27).
[06] That which generates from the flesh is flesh; and that which generates from the Spirit is Spirit.
[07] Wonder not that I said to you, You must be born from above:
[08] The Spirit blows wheresoever He wills, and you hear His voice, but you have not known from where He comes and to where He goes: thus is every one being generated out of Spirit.
[09] Nikodemo answered and said to him, What makes it possible for these things to come to pass?
[10] Ι̅H answered and said to him, You are the Teacher of Yisrael and do not know these things?
[11] Amen-amen, I say to you, We speak that which we know, and we testify of that which we have seen; and our testimony you do not receive, (for He and he are the Amen-amen).
[12] If I told you earthly things and you believe not; how shall you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
[13] And no one has ascended into the heavens if the one who is from the heavens has not descended: the Son of Man.
[14] And just as Moshe lifted up the Seraph in the desert, in the same way must the Son of Man be lifted-up-exalted:
[15] That all who put their trust in him may have life aionion.
[16] For in this manner Elohim so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten one of a kind Son; that all who put their trust in him should not perish, but have life aionion.
[17] For Elohim sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world through him might be delivered.
[18] The one trusting him is not judged; but the one not trusting is judged already because the same is not trusting in the name of the only begotten one of a kind Son of Elohim.
[19] Moreover this is the judgment; that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
[20] For anyone practicing wickedness hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his works should be reproved.
[21] But the one doing the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest, that his works are engaged with Elohim.
[22] Amidst these things Ι̅H and his talmidim had come into the land of Yhudah; and he was wearing through the time there with them, and immersing.
[23] Moreover Yohanan also was immersing in Aenon, next to Saleim, (that is, Shiloh), because there was much water there: and they came and immersed:
[24] For Yohanan was not yet cast into prison.
[25] There came up therefore a mutual disputation of the talmidim of Yohanan with a certain Yhudi concerning purification.
[26] And they came to Yohanan, and said to him, Rabbi, he who was with you on the other side of the Yarden, he of whom you have testified; behold, the same is now immersing and all go to him!
[27] Yohanan answered and said, A man can receive nothing if it is not given him from the heavens.
[28] You yourselves bear me witness that I said, I am not the Meshiah, but that I am sent before in front of that one.
[29] The one having the bride is the groom; but the friend of the groom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the voice of the groom: this therefore my joy is fulfilled.
[30] That one must increase, but I myself must decrease.
[31] The one coming from above is over all; the one being from the earth is of the earth, and of the earth he speaks; the one coming from the heavens is over all:
[32] What he has seen and heard, of that he testifies, and no one else will receive his testimony:
[33] The one therefore accepting his testimony has set his seal that Elohim is true.
[34] For the one whom Elohim has sent speaks the words of Elohim, for He does not give the Spirit by measure:
[35] The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.
[36] The one faithfully trusting into the Son has life aionion; but the one not faithfully trusting into the Son shall not see life, contrariwise, the wrath of Elohim abides upon him.

Truster

I know. You wankers prefer soccer to football.

I don't watch or involve myself in any sport. I have been saved from idolatry as well as foul language.

I must say how sorry I feel for you. You can't compose a sentence of seven words without an expletive. Were you sleeping when they taught English? Or just concentrating on all the evil that you would spread when you grow up? If you grow up...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are still a little girl. You preach a false gospel. And the word gospel means "good news" you little girl. Your mouth is as bad as the circumcision and must be stopped. I also am not surprised you shy away from manly activities that test and compare your manhood and ability to do what God designed your body to do.

Truster

You are still a little girl. You preach a false gospel. And the word gospel means "good news" you little girl. Your mouth is as bad as the circumcision and must be stopped. I also am not surprised you shy away from manly activities that test and compare your manhood and ability to do what God designed your body to do.

Gospel in an English word that does not convey what the original word conveyed. Evengel means message from El or Elohim. The message is actually the Messenger and what He accomplished through His life, death and resurrection. Gospel separates the message from the Messenger.

I am so certain and established in my manhood that I have nothing to prove. This means I don't need to provoke or bully people to prove something.(Give it a try sometime)
I gave up competitive activities when I was saved. I found I just wanted the other guy to win.I also turned down the opportunity to become a professional competitive fly fisherman, because I didn't want to upset people by winning.

What's this thing you have about "little girls"? It's not healthy to obsess about them Nick. If there is anything I can do to help it would be a pleasure.

Blessings my boy, H.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

John 3:16 For Elohim so loved the nation of Israel, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that the Jews through trust in Him should have eternal life.
Do you always change the word of God to suit your needs?
Galatians 1:8-9 KJV -

Truster

Do you always change the word of God to suit your needs?
Galatians 1:8-9 KJV -

It was what Nicodemus would have expected to hear. How could I illustrate the mindset of a pharisee without proposing the fact of the matter? I couldn't have interpreted in dance or water colours!

Thanks for your helpful comment PJ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nicodemus went to the master to learn. He didn't expect any thing. Being a teacher, he should have known more because the prophets foretold.

The dry bones shall live.

Truster

Nicodemus went to the master to learn. He didn't expect any thing. Being a teacher, he should have known more because the prophets foretold.

The dry bones shall live.

The Messiah knew why Nicodemus had come and what was on his mind. That is why Messiah cut him off and told Nicodemus that words were a waste of time, because Nicodemus needed to be regenerate to be able to comprehend the words. Exactly the same applies today Nick.
The Messiah was also delivering a warning that the necessity of being born again from above, was going to be given to other nations. Who would benefit from an inheritance that Nicodemus believed was reserved for the Hebrews and proselytes.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

daqq

I have no problem understanding that.

Since both you and Nick have had me on ignore until now, my post was mainly for "DayAfterYesterday", but it appears that poster is not here anymore, (or at least the post in this thread is now missing).

Truster

Since both you and Nick have had me on ignore until now, my post was mainly for "DayAfterYesterday", but it appears that poster is not here anymore, (or at least the post in this thread is now missing).

Do try and keep up.

daqq

The irony...

Do try and keep up.

Neither one of you make any sense. I knew that poster from another board, and we absolutely do not agree theologically speaking; but that does not mean I put such a one on ignore, in fact, it usually makes for better discussion and debate as this forum board and most all popular boards show. The real irony for me is that now it appears the two of you no longer have me on ignore, (selective ignore function?), and yet I have nothing to say to either of you at this time. :chuckle:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Neither one of you make any sense. I knew that poster from another board, and we absolutely do not agree theologically speaking; but that does not mean I put such a one on ignore, in fact, it usually makes for better discussion and debate as this forum board and most all popular boards show. The real irony for me is that now it appears the two of you no longer have me on ignore, (selective ignore function?), and yet I have nothing to say to either of you at this time. :chuckle:

Truster seems to believe most Christians are hypocrites, yet he is very one of them. We know them by the associates we keep. Nick is one of the most vile Christians here, and truster has the same spirit with him. And he is portraying himself as the most godly and righteous Christian.

Truster

Truster seems to believe most Christians are hypocrites, yet he is very one of them. We know them by the associates we keep. Nick is one of the most vile Christians here, and truster has the same spirit with him. And he is portraying himself as the most godly and righteous Christian.

I am neither a Calvinist nor a christian. I belong to the Messiah by purchase and birth. I do not support any denomination or cult. My trust is in the evangelism that is Elohim's promise to save His people conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone. No confidence in the flesh nor men nor creeds of men. I am a redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinner, by grace and through trust.

On July 17th 1999 at 10:30am I was converted. I didn't ask to be saved, I didn't want to be saved, but I was.

I don't expect you to understand a word of what I've said and it is impossible that you could recognise the truth in what I've said.