The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Flat Earth Fundamentals - The Professionals

This video presents the testimonies of many professional people, pilots and military people are the most interesting to listen to.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I doubt that. One thing is for sure, you've never been there and neither have I.

We can not create outer space so I don't think that the chambers we create are the same, ya think?

Dave, do you even know what space is?

I'll tell you what it is, in case you didn't know.

Space (the region above our atmosphere, where the stars, planets, and moons are) is literally a vacuum. It's empty. And it's a long way in between items of any significant size.

Dave, does location affect what a vacuum is? In other words, if you were to create a vacuum chamber, suck all the air out of it, seal it, and then transport it to a different location, would it still be a vacuum? What about if you moved it from an ocean shore to the top of a mountain, would the vacuum still exist? Did anything change other than it's location?

We know how light affects a sphere here on earth and we have no reason to believe it is any different in the vacuum of space except that it means then that the moon is self illuminating.

That's a non-sequitur if I've ever seen one.

We KNOW for a FACT that light goes through atmosphere different than through a vacuum, because people have tested it.

We know that the moon is not self-illuminating because people have been there.

There is no way to prove your argument.

--Dave

And you still haven't done the experiment I gave you to do above yet, have you?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, do you even know what space is?

I'll tell you what it is, in case you didn't know.

Space (the region above our atmosphere, where the stars, planets, and moons are) is literally a vacuum. It's empty. And it's a long way in between items of any significant size.

Dave, does location affect what a vacuum is? In other words, if you were to create a vacuum chamber, suck all the air out of it, seal it, and then transport it to a different location, would it still be a vacuum? What about if you moved it from an ocean shore to the top of a mountain, would the vacuum still exist? Did anything change other than it's location?

That's a non-sequitur if I've ever seen one.

We KNOW for a FACT that light goes through atmosphere different than through a vacuum, because people have tested it.

We know that the moon is not self-illuminating because people have been there.

And you still haven't done the experiment I gave you to do above yet, have you?

As I said, you have no proof here. Go find a vacuum chamber and do your own experiment in since it won't work in our atmosphere. :darwinsm:

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
As I said, you have no proof here. Go find a vacuum chamber and do your own experiment in since it won't work in our atmosphere. :darwinsm:

--Dave
Dave, all you have to do to find proof that what I'm saying is true is to search the internet, just like you do with your flat earth conspiracy nonsense, because you clearly haven't learned anything in this thread.

Derf

The fact is Antarctica has a wall of ice.

Simple facts are not in dispute here.

--Dave

Actually, they are. You have presented two simple facts that the earth is flat and the moon landings were faked. One of the evidences you give for a flat earth was faked.

You should at least question at this point which party is feeding you inaccurate information. Since I have shown that the party you currently believe is using fake data to present their case, and you accuse the party you currently disbelieve of providing faked data, at least you ought to question the one as much as the other.

I don't see you doing that. What you are saying to us is that you are not willing to investigate the claims of the party you are preaching against. That's a shame.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Actually, they are. You have presented two simple facts that the earth is flat and the moon landings were faked. One of the evidences you give for a flat earth was faked.

You should at least question at this point which party is feeding you inaccurate information. Since I have shown that the party you currently believe is using fake data to present their case, and you accuse the party you currently disbelieve of providing faked data, at least you ought to question the one as much as the other.

I don't see you doing that. What you are saying to us is that you are not willing to investigate the claims of the party you are preaching against. That's a shame.

I would suggest you go through and read some of the thread before you comment further. I don't want to start over and argue what has already been argued.

--Dave

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The moon is close, the sun is not, according to globe model.

The sun is almost 100 million miles away and it's rays come directly, which means straight, at the earth.

If the "rays" of the sun are blocked by the earth, which we know it is because the sky is black, then how can it illuminate the moon at night?
Because the Earth's shadow is only so big. When the Moon is lined up with the Earth directly between the Moon and the Sun then the Sun no longer illuminates the Moon. We call this a Lunar eclipse. It happens on a very regular schedule. We can predict down to the second when eclipses are going to begin and how long they will last. We can do this precisely because we know the size and relative distances to these bodies.

If the sun light comes gradually then so should the illumination of the moon come gradually.
Huh?

The Sunlight is the Sunlight. It's just like any other light. I comes at 299,792,458 m/s. There is nothing gradual about how the light comes in.
What is gradual is the curvature of the surface of a sphere. The angle that the light hits the Moon near the edge of its illuminated side is not as sharp an angle as that near the center of that side. The difference changes according to a smooth exponential curve. On Earth, the curvature is approximately 8 inches per mile squared. The Earth is about 4 times the size of the Moon and so the Moon's surface would curve 16 times as fast (if I understand the math correctly). The point being that it's a smooth curve and thus the angle that the sunlight hits it at would change smoothly as you went from where it is "Noon" to where the Sun is setting. There would be no way for the light banding effect to occur as is shown in the two illustrations you posted.

Sunrise and sunset = penumbra

night time = umbra

--Dave
This is exactly correct. It is caused primarily by two things, the atmosphere (if one exists) and the fact that the Sun is not quite a point source of light. There are other things like the light being gravitationally bent around the body that are so slight that they cannot be measured by conventional means.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I see the bright spot, and the lightly shaded area, then the dark area.

Your light source is very close, but I can still see the three areas, thanks for proving my point. This is not what we see when we look at the moon.

Move the light source further away and the three distinctions will probably become clearer.

--Dave

You've gone now from debating to lying. I'm not putting up with it.

Goodbye Dave.

Thanks for wasting months of my time. Go and say these stupid things to unbelievers on the street and make us all look like slobbering morons.

Derf

I would suggest you go through and read some of the thread before you comment further. I don't want to start over and argue what has already been argued.

--Dave
So you are saying that you've already argued out the fake picture of the ice wall? And you're still using it? That's even more shameful.

Can you acknowledge that your picture was fake and the ramifications of using fake data to try to disprove someone else's supposedly fake data?

Shall I help you with considering the ramifications?

For one, if you (or your source) have to use a picture of some other location for a decent ice wall, maybe that's because the real ice wall pictures are less impressive. Shall we look for a few?

Here are some, from National Geographic's slideshow promoting their Antarctica tours. Looks like a fun time--maybe you should take one!
hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

I can see some ice wall in the background of that last picture--no doubt there are several places where glaciers meet the ocean, just like in more northern locations. But as you can see, not only are there other areas of the Antarctic coast that don't have ice walls, people are exploring Antarctica and finding out what's beyond the coastline.

Shall we dispense with the ice wall claims now, now that we've considered the simple facts?
Spoiler

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've gone now from debating to lying. I'm not putting up with it.

Goodbye Dave.

Thanks for wasting months of my time. Go and say these stupid things to unbelievers on the street and make us all look like slobbering morons.
Dave does draw you into Proverbs 26:4 territory a little.

However... I still think the thread is fun.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Dave.....

Question: Why and when did you start thinking the flat earth theory was something you wanted to explore?

Clearly you are fairly convinced of it. What compelled you to think it was worth investigating?

Do you have a friend that believes this? Did you simply stumble onto the theory?? Was it a family member that got you hooked? And when did all this happen? I'm just curious.

Silent Hunter

If Dave is a spokesperson for Christianity I'm quite sure he loses converts the minute he says, "Jesus loves you. Oh, and by the way, the Earth is flat because the bible says so". It makes ALL christians look like excapees from a lunatic asylum.

How has, "Jesus loves you. Oh, and by the way, EVERYTHING in the bible is LITERALLY true, even the totally stupid parts", been working for you so far?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Dave.....

Question: Why and when did you start thinking the flat earth theory was something you wanted to explore?

Clearly you are fairly convinced of it. What compelled you to think it was worth investigating?

Do you have a friend that believes this? Did you simply stumble onto the theory?? Was it a family member that got you hooked? And when did all this happen? I'm just curious.

Did you watch this video?

That's what I started doing, watching flat earth videos about a year ago, just out of curiosity. I have been studying cosmology, of and on, for about three years and this is one I wanted to know about with all the others.

Just watch it and tell me what you think, at least you'll see why this topic interests me.

I had hoped that every one would also view the videos and comment on them. To my surprise most every one refused to watch the videos I posted.

There are very good arguments made here for a flat stationary earth and any one who says there is not is just being disingenuous.

I never said from the outset that flat earth was an absolute fact, but because it was historically the first cosmology of the universe, and perhaps the Biblical one, that it's revival today was worth looking into.

I thought it would be interesting, fun, and informative.

All the emotional commentary has been surprising to me since this is a debate site and protesting even have this debated seems irrational.

Hot controversial topics should be what we want occasionally. What's wrong with questioning anything scientific or if we went to the moon or not? Men of science have made many mistakes in the past, they are not saints and government is a conspiracy filled with secrets and lies.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Dave is a spokesperson for Christianity I'm quite sure he loses converts the minute he says, "Jesus loves you. Oh, and by the way, the Earth is flat because the bible says so". It makes ALL christians look like excapees from a lunatic asylum.

How has, "Jesus loves you. Oh, and by the way, EVERYTHING in the bible is LITERALLY true, even the totally stupid parts", been working for you so far?

If you want to know what Dave has done as a "spokes person for Christianity" then go to my website and see for yourself.

http://www.dynamicfreetheism.com/

But you won't find any thing on flat earth, sorry.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you are saying that you've already argued out the fake picture of the ice wall? And you're still using it? That's even more shameful.

Can you acknowledge that your picture was fake and the ramifications of using fake data to try to disprove someone else's supposedly fake data?

Shall I help you with considering the ramifications?

For one, if you (or your source) have to use a picture of some other location for a decent ice wall, maybe that's because the real ice wall pictures are less impressive. Shall we look for a few?

Here are some, from National Geographic's slideshow promoting their Antarctica tours. Looks like a fun time--maybe you should take one!
hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

hero-interior.jpg

I can see some ice wall in the background of that last picture--no doubt there are several places where glaciers meet the ocean, just like in more northern locations. But as you can see, not only are there other areas of the Antarctic coast that don't have ice walls, people are exploring Antarctica and finding out what's beyond the coastline.

Shall we dispense with the ice wall claims now, now that we've considered the simple facts?
Spoiler

This thread is not about "ice walls", it's about evidences for a flat stationary earth.

And Antarctica has "ice walls" even if one of the pics is not from Antarctica.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.