Do Children Go To Heaven?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Tell me what GOOD WORKS has this theif on the cross DONE between the time he was sinner who did not believe in Christ and the time he BELIEVED in Jesus as the Messiah, and the time Jesus told the sinner that because he believed Jesus was the Messiah he would be with Jesus today in paradise. The criminal was sentanced to death because he was convicted of a crime punishable by death by crucifixion. The first time this man met or even heard of Jesus was while he was hanging with his hands and feet nailed to a cross beside Jesus. It was literally impossible for this man to do any good works other than believe in Christ as Messiah before he died, because his hands and feet were nailed from the moment he believed until he died.

" One of the criminals who were hanged there kept deriding[a] him and saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed have been condemned justly, for we are getting what we deserve for our deeds, but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into[c] your kingdom.” 43 He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” -Luke 23:39-43

So please help me understand how your theory that children, who sadly die before they have had a chance to even live, do not go to heaven because they have not DONE WORKS? If this man literally was unable to do a thing in terms of any kind of good work but was STILL SAVED, and the Lord had mercy on him and saved him, then why would the Lord not have more mercy on a child who doesn't even have the capacity to reason or even understand much of anything.

Scientific studies have been done on babies under the age of about 1 year old. When you play peekaboo and you cover your face, those young babies don't have the mental capacity to understand that you are there but only hiding. It is called Object Permanence. So when you hide in peekaboo they think that you no longer exist because they cannot see you.

The point is, that even though we are ALL born sinners, and a baby is no doubt under the curse that we are all under since Adam and Eve sinned and we're kicked out of the garden. But babies that young do not have the mental capacity to understand that you still exist even though they cannot see you. And because God is LOVE and MERCY, if Jesus assured that sinner on the cross that he was saved because he believed, how much more mercy and love will God show for a baby who is not able to understand what sin or Jesus is?

I said
Before and After. Before Jesus death on the cross not even Jesus own brothers believed He was the Massiah. But the thief did. So he was believing before the new testament was in affect. But after the new testament was in affect we live under a different set of laws than the thief.

Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
my answer is that, no, Squeaky could not answer without being controlled by his demon

I said
That is blasphemy.

Matt 12:32
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

Yes. Children go to heaven but not all children. Children before their age of accountibbility who have one parent who is a believer will be part of the gathering together of I These 4.13-18 . The new birth covers for them. See 1 Cor 7.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol Oh yes. You even called the Holy Spirit a demon.

Matt 12:32
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Children go to heaven but not all children. Children before their age of accountibbility who have one parent who is a believer will be part of the gathering together of I These 4.13-18 . The new birth covers for them. See 1 Cor 7.

I said
I see nothing in here that says children will go to heaven because they are children. And I have never found anything in the bible about an accountable age.

1Thes 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

I said
I see nothing in here that says children will go to heaven because they are children. And I have never found anything in the bible about an accountable age.

1Thes 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
(NKJ)

That is correct, there is no scripture that says children go to heaven simply because they are children.

I Cor 7:14 does indicate that the children of a believing parent are holy because of the believing parent.

Until they have the mental acumen to do Romans 10:9.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Elect Infants

Elect Infants

BORN SINNERS IT TAKES WORKS TO BE BORN AGAIN
From the WCF, Ch. 10:

3. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit, (Luke 18:15-16, Acts 2:38-39, John 3:3, 5, 1 John 5:12, Rom. 8:9) who worketh when, and where, and how He pleaseth: (John 3:8) so also are all other elect persons who are uncapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word. (1 John 5:12, Acts 4:12)​

We can assert that there are elect infants who die in infancy. We don't know how many or how few. We can also assert that believers have special warrant to hope that their infants who die in infancy are such (Luke 18:15,16, 2 Sam. 12:23, Acts 2:38,39, Eze. 16:20,21). Beyond this we may not go. We may legitimately hope, but we may not demand.

Outside of Reformed circles, there are Calvinists, especially those using the Spurgeon revision to the LBCF, that will say that all infants that die are on their way to heaven. Piper
agrees with them, too.

AMR

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That is correct, there is no scripture that says children go to heaven simply because they are children.

I Cor 7:14 does indicate that the children of a believing parent are holy because of the believing parent.

Until they have the mental acumen to do Romans 10:9.

I said
Interesting. Thanks.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
From the WCF, Ch. 10:

3. Elect infants, dying in infancy, are regenerated, and saved by Christ, through the Spirit, (Luke 18:15-16, Acts 2:38-39, John 3:3, 5, 1 John 5:12, Rom. 8:9) who worketh when, and where, and how He pleaseth: (John 3:8) so also are all other elect persons who are uncapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word. (1 John 5:12, Acts 4:12)​

[FONT=&]We can assert that there are elect infants who die in infancy. We don't know how many or how few. We can also assert that believers have special warrant to hope that their infants who die in infancy are such (Luke 18:15,16, 2 Sam. 12:23, Acts 2:38,39, Eze. 16:20,21). Beyond this we may not go. We may legitimately hope, but we may not demand.

Outside of Reformed circles, there are Calvinists, especially those using the Spurgeon revision to the LBCF, that will say that all infants that die are on their way to heaven. Piper [/FONT][FONT=&]agrees [/FONT][FONT=&]with them, too.

AMR[/FONT]

I said
That is a good reply. Thanks. What is the WCF? And the LBCF?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hyperlinked Text in Post - Look for the Blue typeface

Hyperlinked Text in Post - Look for the Blue typeface

I said
That is a good reply. Thanks. What is the WCF? And the LBCF?
Note that when the color blue is used in a post, like mine above, it usually means a hyperlink. If you would have clicked WCF in my post above, you would have been routed to the answer to at least one part of your question. Just for fun, try hovering your mouse over some of the words in my sig below. When the mouse cursor changes to a finger pointing icon and an underline appears below the word, click that word to see what treasures lie within. ;)

AMR

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Note that when the color blue is used in a post, like mine above, it usually means a hyperlink. If you would have clicked WCF in my post above, you would have been routed to the answer to at least one part of your question. Just for fun, try hovering your mouse over some of the words in my sig below. When the mouse cursor changes to a finger pointing icon and an underline appears below the word, click that word to see what treasures lie within. ;)

AMR

I said

Thanks now I know. It looks to intellectual for me. Like these definitions. I couldn't agree with these.

Biblical Theology
In the general sense, this term describes a theology that draws its material from the Bible and. - Dr. A. Cairns
Blasphemy
A word used to denote all forms of evil speaking against God or His perfections, such as slander, defamation, detraction, reproach, or cursing. - Dr. A. Cairns