ECT Two clarifications about your differences with other posters

SaulToPaul 2

I reckon it is a word the country club types use in the big city, such as Mt. Pilot, Mayor.

I see Mister Softy is down today, in light trading.

I assumed it was similar to doing a "refi" on your mortgage, saint john, but what do I know?

WizardofOz

1, you can put them on ignore if you don't agree with them. To 'ban' them from any use here at all at the forum is a childish step on your part.

2, 'derailing' a topic would be a total removal of attention: from grace in Rom 4 to oximetry. 'Derailing' is not when you differ with someone about grace in Rom 4.

1. You're probably right.
2. Complaining won't make a bit of difference

3. It seems Musterion is a special snowflake that gets extra special protection. Because he's special.

musterion

1, you can put them on ignore if you don't agree with them. To 'ban' them from any use here at all at the forum is a childish step on your part.

Not when we're talking about dishonest and duplicitous people who have a pattern of dishonest debate. Such people are no good for any forum and need to go.

If I owned TOL, anyone who, over time, displays a pattern of dishonesty would be banned without warning and forever, with a sticky posted on why they're gone, to serve as a warning to others.

The four biggest offenses would be documented misquoting of others, unwarranted personal attacks that completely take the place of debate, deliberate threadjacking/forum sliding, and (my personal pet peeve) playing dumb/ignoring direct questions or replies to things YOU said.

Needless to say, all four of those fall under the umbrella of troll tactics from the beginning of the internet. If someone earns a rap sheet involving those things -- GONE.

Why would any reasonable person have a problem with that? Honest, even heated disagreement is fine. Trolling is not, and TOL has only now begun to seriously step on trolls like Barbarian.

I say good; step harder and more often.

musterion

I'll go one better. For all his deliberately irritating qualities (a lot of it was schtick), Res/Doser made better quality posts than the whole of the current crop of leftists and cultists on TOL. I disagreed with Res on many points but there's at least 10 people mysteriously tolerated on TOL who I'd rather see banned over him because they don't add 1/10th of what he brought to discussions...which is what TOL is supposed to be about, discussion. But things are slowly improving.

Truster

However, like solving a crime, there is only one meaning in a context. There is only one explanation.

Correct. The revelation of His own will given by the Eternal can only mean what He meant when it was first revealed. It can only convey today what it conveyed when first heard or read. Some have the scriptures in word only. Unto others it comes in power. In either case it does not return void...