Why God Cannot Decree Someones Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
The scriptures say.

You cannot get rid of the scripture that says Jesus died for the whole world.

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. It is about faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Those that do not believe that he has atoned for the sins of the whole world do not have faith in him.

What is heresy?

What Good News Gospel was Jesus preaching? He wasn't preaching his death, burial, and resurrection.

As a Christian, I know his death and resurrection are central to entering Christ's kingdom, but in context, the good news was that the Kingdom the Jews had been waiting for was entering the scene.

Repentance is a work that we do and does not save. What does save is the doing and the dying of Jesus. The Bible plainly teaches that all that have faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ will be saved, Ephesians 2:8.

I think repentance is merely agreeing with what God says. It is turning away from the path of destruction. How is agreeing with God a work?

Repentance is acknowledging you've been doing the wrong thing - Faith is responding to the truth.

God's Truth

I think repentance is merely agreeing with what God says. It is turning away from the path of destruction. How is agreeing with God a work?

Repentance is acknowledging you've been doing the wrong thing - Faith is responding to the truth.

That is right, repentance is is about feeling bad for your sins and having agreement to stop all of them.

Agreeing with God is a work because we are believing and repenting of our sins, we are doing what Jesus says to do, we are humbling ourselves and we obey him with a forgiving heart, and calling on him to help you.

Faith is not just about responding to the truth, it is believing that Jesus' blood does wash away the sins you repent of doing.